DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions

Interviews at DreamWorks Animation

2.6

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied directly with the company. Within about a week, I was being interviewed. Met with one person for the interview. In my honest opinion, that person's behavior was hostile, agressive, abusive, and incredibly unprofessional. It became clear to me why the former position holder left the company for another opportunity.

Layout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

was interviewed for about 2 hours by all layout supervisors and was asked various questions. overall it was not stressful and just common sense questions. great campus and place to be, amazing lunch options as well.

Interview Questions

• mostly based on experience and how you would approach a problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Burbank, CA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

First initial phone screen, and then on site interview with engineers and hiring manager.
    There were lots of probing/testing on my skills,education, experties.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2013.

Interview

Standard interview questions on c++ data structures.
    Some brain teasers.
    Interviews were not one on one, but with multiple people at the same time.
    There is usually a lunch break with the group as well.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2016.

Interview

Actually I never got any interview phone call. First I got a call from the hr asking about my availability. Then received an email confirmation says someone will be calling at 10am on the following Tuesday, and I replied that email to confirm. And that's it, never heard anything from them after that. No phone call, no email, no explanation, no nothing.

Character Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

I met dreamworks at Siggraph in los angeles. I showed them my demoreel and they took my resume. Next day i got a call for an interview. Went to siggraph and interviewed with one of their supervisor. A week later they call me for a phone interview. Then a few days later DW flew me down to LA for another interview. That one last a whole day. I met with 5 different groups of peoples. A week later i got an offer from HR and signed my contract.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of programming questions. Lots of math questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a competitive salary. Negotiation went pretty smooth.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

First day met with HR, second time met with hiring manager, then third day that persons boss and HR again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself going from this role? Are you Ok with an asst. position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told sternly there was no negotiation. I said I would think about it, they called back a few days later and told me if I did not accept they would move on.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

My friend worked at the company and submitted my resume to HR for review. HR suggested me for an admin position in Consumer Products and sent me the job description.

The department is a new business line for the studio, so it was an exciting opportunity to grow with the company and get promoted.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Was called to schedule an in person interview by HR a week after applying online. Went in a few days later, very much a relaxed atmosphere with my interviewer, more like a conversation with a friend. A recruiter called the next day to "check in" on how my interview went (pretty well, I thought). They were supposed to call me with their decision the following week, but instead I received a rejection via email.

Overall, it was a very easy process. Wish I had gotten the job!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Very quick and decisive process. Qualifications did not change from initial internship posting. One phone call and one in person interview with the manager of the specific department of interest. Hiring team was there for support, but did not conduct the interviews themselves.

Interview Questions

• What value can you bring to DreamWorks Animation, that could not be expressed via you resume?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, no pay.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.