Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 7 Dec 2017

3.1

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

There are three rounds of technical interview plus a product demo. Two rounds of the technical interview are about classical data structure and algorithm, another one is about system design.

Product Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

My first phone screen was with a Recruiter and she and I had a good connection on the phone, and overall, it was a good experience. When I was then scheduled to speak with the hiring manager, that was a different story. She had none of the same energy that the Recruiter had (and she was in a Recruiting Manager role herself). She seemed disinterested and her tone/failure to ask me any clarifying questions proved that. At several points on the call, I knew she had me on mute because there would be long pauses of silence. Not okay. I got the rejection letter that night.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most complex role you’ve ever hired/sourced for   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in December 2017.

Interview

Sent a coding challenge by a recruiter. Move on to Phone interview. Unfortunately, I got an unfriendly, not communicative interviewer. I feel unsupported and unclear about the problem. The interviewer may assume I should know the algorithm so describe it very vaguely. Overall, BAD

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Very confusing experience overall. Got two coding phone screens which I solved easily. One was a medium difficulty recursion, another an easy hash map problem. Flew into HQ for on-site, got a couple more very easy problems which I was able to code and then talk through about possible race condition, etc.. Other than that had a medium difficulty system design interview and a soft skills interview. From what I can tell I was able to solve everything and answer all follow up questions. Got rejection in a week without any feedback. Everyone was nice and friendly but I really regret spending my time and vacation days on this.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The first part was initially stated as a 15-20 minute conversation, which ended up being 45 minutes. It was very casual and informal and utilized as a method to get to know one another.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest takeaway from your current job that you'll carry with you throughout your career?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

They sent me a basic hacker rank challenge (not too difficult but I messed something up right at the end so it would't compile) then they sent me an email about 2 weeks later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Basic hour long hacker rank question. Gave the same one to others whoa applied but I assume it changes year to year   Answer Question

Product Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

My first initial phone screen with Kalyn Blackrock was positive and informative.

She was insightful on Dropbox expectations and company background, while providing resume and career feedback. Overall left the conversation energized and excited for next steps with Dropbox!

Interview Questions

• How does your background correlate with the provided job description?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had a phone call and on site portfolio review. I was interviewed by 2 people and I've been told that one person will be shadowing, but that was not the case. I interact with 2 people from HR. The first question that one of the HR employees asked me was what was my relationship with the person that referred me. The HR employee was "very surprised" with my answer and that was a clear sign that the person didn't even read my application. It does not sound professional to me.

They took me to a meeting room and 2 people came. The person that conducted the interview was very arrogant and made me feel very bad with stupid comments, not looking at me, yawning and not paying attention when I was speaking. Not empathy at all. When I told the person about a small bug I had found on one of the Dropbox products the person literally answered "I do not care at all, that is not my work" that answer was unfortunate and does not sound at all aligned with Dropbox values. I don't think making fun of people who are trying to find a nice job is a professional way of interviewing.

However I don't believe this is the global way of doing things at this company, It was just a matter of one unfortunate individual.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I applied through university, and there were 2 rounds. One on campus (at uni) and one on-site (at their SF office).
    The onsite consists of the usual interview questions and a lunch at their very fancy dining area.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I Applied through college career fair. I Recruiter was interested and looked through my resume. I got hacker rank coding challenge on depth first search. It was a good coding experience. Hacker rank provided me with quite the learning experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.