Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dropbox Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

3.1

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Heard from recruiter the same week. Had initial phone screen with them, then spoke to someone on the team for 30 minutes. Pretty standard phone interview, nothing too out of the ordinary and seemed like a good fit. Followed up with recruiter after though and no response. Felt like I had been ghosted, considering it seemed fine before.

Commercial Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Simple process. Easy interview but was asked to describe a current legal case I am following during last couple minutes of the interview. Interviewer made it clear she didn't like my depth of legal knowledge of the case. t's frustrating because there are no current legal cases focusing on the type of legal work one would be doing in this role (contracts). Didn't leave a good taste in my mouth the way the interviewer left the interview abruptly.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Got a coding challenge - was expecting an algorithms problem but got an unexpected file I/O problem instead. Couldn't complete the challenge in the allotted time. Didn't move onto the next round. I recommend practicing file I/O for this, rather than traditional algorithms.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Applied through school career fair, recruiter sent me hackerrank coding exercise - folders and cows, and then a tech phone call. call went okay, not the best performance from me, they want people that are really good

Interview Questions

• technical interview was about finding the next state given a grid   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, given a coding challenge. I also asked for an extension, and the recruiter was very friendly and prompt about giving me an extension. They also send email reminders, which is nice when you have so much stuff to do

Interview Questions

• take stdin, folders and cows, 75 minutes, quite complicated, make sure you are familiar with reading inputs   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later with an invite to complete a coding challenge on Hacker Rank. I underestimated the difficult of the problem and did not complete the challenge successfully. Dropbox responded a few days later and informed me that I would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Object-oriented programming problem   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview. My interviewer asked questions about projects on my resume, he asked me a technical question, and I got to ask my interviewer questions afterwards.

Interview Questions

• You have a modern-day laptop with about 100,000 personal files. Which of these files are duplicates   2 Answers

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Applied via job post, email from internal recruiter, then to hiring manager. Hiring manager was extremely young and inexperienced. I had indicated I had been using the solution as an Enterprise customer for the last couple of years. I also provided real world examples of how their solution is used.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer experience.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotts Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Scotts Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

I had a very positive interview process at Dropbox. I was contacted by a recruiter and made it through a phone screen and 2 technical interviews before being informed that I would no longer be considered for the position.

All of the recruiters were very friendly and punctual and respected my schedule. The technical interviews were fair and the interviewers were very down-to-earth and supportive.

Having never applied in the first place, I wasn't too upset about the outcome, I mostly felt grateful for the interview practice. I'm happy for anybody who gets the chance to work at Dropbox!

Interview Questions

• Build a weather app.   Answer Question
    • Write a single function to format 10 strings to a spec based on the input strings' length and content, and any arguments passed to the function.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me, and invited me for an onsite interview in San Francisco. There was no phone interview. I was scheduled to meet only two interviewers. Normal coding interviews. One DP question, and one file based question. I solved both very well. The second interviewer was a recent college grad. He didn't know many basic programming concepts. The next day, recruiter emailed me back saying they were not a match for me. The whole process looked suspicious. It sounds to me that they are only interviewing to show some kind of head count. I'll not consider this company again.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.