Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dropbox Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2018

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone/online coding challenge, and then eight hours of interview in person where three hours were all coding. A few of the interviewers showed lack of respect and didn't know how to use Coderpad and seemed to not care about me talking through the problem and even pointed me in the wrong direction when I talked about an option. They seemed to make up their decision during the coding part and didn't leave time at the end to ask questions.

During onsite, they had decorated for Pride and had photos of Proud DBxers on the walls and on TV screens. As a LGBTQ... person, this really didn't sit well with me because there are places that are still homophobic and this puts a target on an employee for discrimination. I had to grow up with people in my town talking about beating gay people, so coming out or being proud can be life threatening. SF is much more accepting regarding this than other parts of the country, but they should still be mindful that not everyone is from SF.

DB putting pictures up allows other employees to discriminate them if they so choose or to tell their friends about said person thereby allowing them to be discriminated against outside of work (this discrimination may be impossible to track down). It can also lead others to come out when they may not be comfortable to, regardless of how the company asks people to be "Proud".

For any LGBTQA... (or questioning) person not out to everyone and interviewing not during Pride month, you should be aware of this and only proceed if you are comfortable with this.

Overall it seemed like what the company projected and what the company embodies is not in alignment.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in June 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted via a online portal and had a initial phone screening to understand my current experience and expectations for the postion and see if there was a match.Then they set up a technical phone interview of 1 hr in which initially the interviwer asked about my experience,coding language preference and why i wanted to switch.The coding interview itself was a medium difficult question.Could not complete the optimization part of the interview hence was rejected.

Interview Questions

• About my experiences,favorite coding language,medium difficulty coding problem   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter and we did have a pleasant conversation. Recruiter kept insisting I would be a good fit and the role sounds aligned with what I am currently doing. She was suppose to get back to me on setting up a time slot to speak with the hiring manager but haven't heard anything back in 6 weeks.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Recruiting team was pleasant but hiring manager was dismissive and uninterested. I'm not sure if there was a misalignment between recruiting and the hiring manager, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply your past skills and experiences to this role?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I’m not even sure if this counts as an “interview” per se but I thought it was telling and indicative of how the team there behaves. I was contacted on LinkedIn about a new role and asked if I had time to speak for 30 minutes on the phone on Monday or Tuesday (this was on a Friday). I suggested a few times on both days and then...nothing. Monday comes and goes with no phone call so I follow up; no response and no phone call on Tuesday either. The rest of the week goes by, as does another one. Suddenly, a couple of weeks later, I finally get a reply from the recruiter saying she had been “on vacation since Wednesday” and that the position had been filled. First of all: what happened on Monday and Tuesday? The vacation thing still doesn’t explain that. Second: did you contact me while there was already another candidate with an offer? The timing suggests as much, so in a way I’m glad I didn’t waste my time with a phone call. Just a really unpleasant, unprofessional experience overall, and suggests a team that’s disorganized and doesn’t value employees’ (either current or prospective) time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox in May 2018.

Interview

Interview with HR was very professional.
    Technical coding interview was also very professional but honestly stupid. Unless you prepare for coding interview questions and more specifically the question being asked I can bet none of the Dropbox engineers could solve the problem either in 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew the "Game of Thrones" problem. When I said no, I got the feeling that I would be rejected. Nonetheless the interviewer explained the Game of Thrones problem to me and then asked me to code it in Go.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in April 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview and the interviewer was prompt to call me at right time. He then asked me about my current position and 15 mins into the interview, he gave me a problem to solve. Before solving the problem I described him the solution and ran a couple of test cases with my pseudo code to verify my logic. I then asked the interviewer if he was satisfied with my logic and that I should write a working solution. I finished up the code but it has a small bug but the partial output was printed correctly. But because we ran out of time and the interviewer had to free the meeting room for someone else, he closed the coder pad which stopped the session and all my code was gone in the middle of me fixing that tiny issue. He then said I understand your logic and that its a very tiny issue which could be fixed in 2 mins if we had time. After the interview I googled the question and found out that the solution that I had given was the most optimal solution and the code was also correct. Two days letter I got a rejection letter that I was not fit for the team. Such a waste of time and energy giving the right solution and then getting rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was told to code . I finished in 40 min. I gave the perfect solution, since I googled it later. But, the interviewer was trying hard to not encourage and had a rude tone with hard to understand speech. I just increased by confidence by answering accurately. I do not like the policy for not disclosing the reason for rejection and rightly so ;)

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose question due to NDA.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Two phone interviews .

The second one is very very very very very unprofessional.

The most unprofessional one I have ever encountered in my 30 interviews

The person basically didn’t understand basic string matching algorithms and we had hard time communicating

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Recruiter from company contacted first via e-mail and arranged a phone screen. On the day of, 30 minutes before the scheduled time, kept sending interview reschedule requests for 15-30 minutes later, delaying the interview from 3:00 to 4:30. Seemed a little rough around the edges as a result but the interviewer itself was nice, apologized and was engaged throughout.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you QA a (random item)?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.