Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dropbox Interview Questions

Updated 20 Feb 2018

3.1

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I had to complete a hackerrank challenge and it was 90 minutes long. It was the grid illumination challenge and I found it pretty challenging and didnt pass the test cases. However, the process was still very fun and I had a great time.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and was invited to an onsite to meet with the hiring manager. After meeting with the hiring manager I was invited back to meet with additional members of the team. On the day of my final interview I met with a few team members over video conference and in person. I found the interview questions to be very generic and presented as if the interview panelists had very little experience in conducting interviews, making it difficult to drive conversation and learn more about how I could help resolve issues within their team. When asking questions for more insight into specifics, they offered very vague answers or couldn’t provide answers as they were not directly tied to the projects I would be working on and suggested I save those questions for the one panelist who I would actually work with day to day in the role.

I also found scheduling interviews over the lunch period to be a huge distraction. One panelist entered my room holding a plate of chicken wings, refused to shake my hand, and proceeded to eat throughout the entire interview, staring down at her plate as she asked me 1-2 questions. I found her to be disengaged from the process and very disrespected as a candidate. After completing my final interview my recruiter contacted me for feedback and agreed to set up additional time with another member of the organization that I would work with more day to day to get more insight into the role, but ultimately fell through on this, and after a couple of weeks of awaiting to hear back from her after sending a follow up email, I finally received a rejection notice from the recruiter. Despite offering to set up time to discuss feedback if I desired, after requesting a brief phone meeting to learn more about the decision, she never returned my email.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking for a phone screen the following day. The woman I talked to was very friendly and answered all of my questions, and it was a very standard phone screen. She said that Dropbox is hiring rapidly in their Product team. She also said that she expected me to go to the next round. Three days later, I received an email saying they were moving forward with other candidates. I emailed her back thanking her for her time and asking for areas where I could improve, but I have not heard back as of this writing. This indicates that Dropbox is trying to give the appearance of rapid growth without hiring.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

online coding challenge and phone screen. the online challenge was some thing about folders and cows . i would say reviewing c l r s is likely sufficient for the interview

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I recently interviewed with Google and Facebook. The quality of Dropbox's interview isn't as good.
    1. Google recruiter get on video call twice and phone call once with me, explain the process and exercise mock questions with me, and help me to refine my answers. Supper helpful. Dropbox recruiter didn't talk to me once, let alone preping me. My first screening is with hiring manager.
    2. My interview was scheduled on a Friday and only after I asked about agenda did I receive the full schedule. That was cutting very close.
    3. The questions asked by interviewers are just not as calibrated as Facebook's interviewers. Some of the Facebook's questions are so deep, I was so intrigued that I continue to search my own answers afterwards. Dropbox's questions are not as deep and focused as FB.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I have a phone interview with the recruiter who was great to work with. I was disappointed to not get at least a second phone interview even though I was told that would be a next step, and instead told they had other candidates in the pipeline they were proceeding with. I felt very qualified for the position, so it was a bit confusing. They have a private network for job applicants that I was invited to, which was more than other companies do.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

After the resume drop, was asked to have an initial phone interview focused on product intuition. After about two weeks, I had another phone interview that had a similar focus but was more in depth and stumping.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The whole process was smooth and I had positive impressions on everyone I met. The only negative experience I had was with one of recruiters, who contacted me before and after the on-site (I was transferred from a different recruiter to her because the original one was on vacation) The chat two days before the on-site was short and dry, offering little help. Three business days after the on-site, I received an email from the recruiter saying that she had feedback and an update for me, and scheduled a phone call in the afternoon the same day. The email was cc-ed to all the recruiter/coordinator/sourcer who were ever involved in the process. My guess was that it was a requirement for them to reject a candidate over the phone instead of email, to show that they do care about candidates. Well, actually she couldn’t care less - the whole conversation lasted less than 30 seconds. She offered no feedback, and showed absolutely no interest in talking more. She really could have done that in an email. At least it’s easier to c&p empathetic words :-)

I’m not being sour grape here. I enjoyed talking with many of the Dropbox people I met through the process, and will recommend other people to interview with them, even may try again sometime in the future myself. I just hope this one recruiter can improve on how she carries a conversation with just a little bit more enthusiasm, and make candidates feel welcomed.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was into referral, and I had a phone interview from one of the team members. Based on my experience they did drill on basics heavily and I was invited to go onsite. Expect the on-site to be at the level of cat-5 hurricane. There were around 8-10 rounds of an interview, and none of the questions are repeated. They will really hammer you on every corner of the technologies you put on your resume. I never felt like I was lost,connected very well with all the interviewers, and thought I did really well, but unfortunately after a week I got a rejection email. It's all good, I'll look forward to go ahead.

I don't like to put the interview questions here, and I highly respect their NDA.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to expect questions on design, real scenarios, and lot of troubleshooting stuffs. Expect 0 text book questions. Hope this helps.   Answer Question

Launch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was first asked to do a coding challenge on hackerrank, then had an on campus interview. (Applied through campus recruiter). The interview was fairly easy, and the question presented was straight forward. They don't expect you to come up with the optmized solution at first, but they do help you reach it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.