Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Sep 2018

3.1

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, the recruiters were very pleasant and kept me in the loop about what was going on. I found the attorneys to also be easy to talk to and laid back, but also very knowledgeable. The recent college grads and other non-attorney I interviewed with seemed rather arrogant, and less interested in my skill set and more concerned with any new competition entering. When I asked for feedback about why I didn't get the offer, they stated they do not provide this type of feedback - very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at Dropbox?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would go about managing an assignment requiring you and your team to summarize the key terms of all contracts.   Answer Question
    • NDA exercise where I was asked to recognize the key issues with a sample NDA.   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of how you recently worked through a difficult negotiation, and describe how your resolved the issues.   Answer Question

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

My first experience interviewing with a Bay Area company was largely a good one. I was flown out about a week and half after initially applying and going through a couple of phone interviews. I had a morning of 15 minute interviews with five people. Each was pretty pleasant and straightforward. Just conversations really, trying to get a sense of the work I've done and why I'd like to work at Dropbox. Don't think the experience could have gone any better. I returned home and was scheduled for one last interview over Hangouts. A week later I was informed I did not get the job. I was dejected, but objectively, the interview process was solid and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

A friend passed along my resume and within a week I was contacted by a recruitment coordinator to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. The first 30 minute phone screen was rather informal.

I then got a phone screen with a member of the Legal team.

About a week later I was kindly informed that the position had been filled.

Overall, a decent interview experience. For phone screens my interviewer called me at least 15 minutes late, which was a bit unnerving, but not surprising considering it is a startup environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you identified an inefficiency and what you did to remedy it (or why you were unable to remedy it).   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox in March 2017.

Interview

Here's the order: quick phone screen, followed by code challenge. HR was very friendly and gave me a good sense of the role. The code challenge was difficult but well-explained.

Interview Questions

• Build a front end feature that places a comment in the video frame at a designated time and remains in the frame for a designated time.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dropbox (Cambridge, MA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

One-on-one, 30 minute interview. Whiteboard coding, with helpful advice from the interviewer. About 5 minutes at the end to talk about Dropbox and any questions about the company. Overall, very friendly and relaxed interview process, with callbacks within 24 hrs for a longer interview (unfortunately, was not called back -- probably because this was my first technical interview for a company).

Interview Questions

• Questions about lists and sums of elements of the list -- not too difficult, except I blanked on a few questions about algorithms.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted resume at campus career fair. Heard back that night. Went through first round interview, which was relatively straightforward. Asked question about locating certain types of words in a dictionary. Interviewer was very happy to answer all my questions about dropbox. Very pleasant experience. Noticed next of day their decision. Excited to continue with the process soon.

Interview Questions

• locate certain types of words in a dictionary   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First was a HR / technical interview. Spoke about 2 projects and answered questions on them. 25 min online technical interview. Question was "Given a pattern and a string - find if the string follows the same pattern Eg: Pattern : [a b b a], String : cat dog dog cat "

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through the website, they got back to me a couple weeks later and I did 3 phone interviews over a couple weeks, the first one was mostly a conversation about my past projects and then a few related technical questions. My other 2 phone interviews were more technical and required writing some code using coderpad to solve a couple problems.

Afterwards I did the onsite interviews starting at 10am and ending around 4-5pm. The first one asked a few questions about motivation, then some coding, another coding interview, then a behavioral based interview, lunch, a couple more technical interviews (one about design/architecture) and at the end I got a chance to ask any questions during the last one. Overall very relevant problems without any puzzles or nonsense questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult and they didn't expect you to solve the problems in a certain way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some room for negotiation after the initial offer, but the starting offer was competitive enough.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied at the career fair by just dropping off my resume. I was contacted within a few days saying that I was not the right fit for the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

On campus process, overall it was very fast and efficient.
    The interviewer was very friendly, presented himself and the company, and asked about my background.
    White board questions were fairly easy and required basic programming skills, they didn't care about the language I chose.
    Didn't move forward due to lack of mutual interest.

Interview Questions

• describe one of your projects and how it might be relevant   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.