EBRD Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

EBRD Interview Questions

Interviews at EBRD

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Average interview.
    An agency called and checked my English level. But, maybe just for the internships that could be the policy.
    Overall, very serious organization. And a good place to feel the global environment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview, case study and basic questions about accounting. Accounting knowledge necessary. Then invited for second round interview to consolidate knowledge and talk about some personal questions and resume. Overall very positive experience, made me look forward to working there as a whole.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EBRD in November 2014.

Interview

After a long online application process, I had a phone interview with the team (2 people). It was a combination of behavioral questions, questions about my background, as well as some questions about current events and my opinions of the future of the region/EBRD's impact there.

Interview Questions

• -What do you think is the most pressing issue in post-Communist Europe?   Answer Question

IPP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

1.5 months after submitting the application, I was invited to take a web test. After I passed the web test and received invitation for subsequent interview. The interview was automated video interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain missions and operations of EBRD.
      What is the role of the division I applied for?
      Any international experience?   2 Answers

IPP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

After 4 weeks of submitting the online application, I got an invitation to online assessments. It is required to finish at a short time, kinda tough if you are not good at quantitative stuff. It is easier than commercial banks tho.

Interview Questions

• - Smart Aptitude - Verbal Reasoning Test
      - Smart Aptitude - Numerical Reasoning Test
      - Smart Aptitude - Abstract Reasoning Test   1 Answer

FI Associate Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EBRD (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The majority of the interview process was carried out very professionally. The HR department initially stayed on top of setting up the interviews and managing the process.

However, once I reached the final stage of the process the HR department contact who reached out to me had changed and the process became extremely unprofessional and disrespectful to me as a candidate. I was initially told they were in the final stage of the process and I would hear back within 48-72 hours. I then heard nothing for a week and a half and followed up, after which I received the same information. This same thing happened again 1 or 2 more times until finally I was just ignored after following up.

I finally ended up calling the hiring manager who I had met in person, and who is a really great person and very respectful. He told me the outcome of the interview process and apologized for the lack of professionalism displayed by the HR department. I really appreciate this and am grateful for him answering my call and giving me closure.

While I am disappointed to have come so close to getting an offer, I am very grateful for the opportunity to have and to learn from this experience. I am also grateful to have hopefully made the beginning of a lasting relationship.

I hope that telling my experience helps future candidates as they go through the interview process.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EBRD in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was selected for a screening interview less than 2 weeks later. They were looking for someone to start immediately so everything went quite fast. The phone interview was with the position's supervisor, a Senior Manager, very smooth conversation about my previous background and interest in the position. 3 face-to-face interviews were scheduled for the following week with the Department Director, a junior analyst who held a similar position in the department and an HR official, all separate meetings one after the other in one day. I was notified that 2 final candidates would be invited for a third round. I didn't hear back from them for 1 month until I followed up. Never received detailed feedback despite follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• I was told I'm overqualified for the job by the last interviewer. Although I am extremely well qualified, I didn't expect this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EBRD (London, England).

Interview

Applied 3 days before the stated deadline for the position. A few days after the deadline, I got invited to an interview with members of the OGC team which we held after 2 weeks. After the first interview, I was invited to a second interview which was also with members of the OGC team. Around a month after the second interview, I was offered the position. Both interviews went very smoothly. The interviewers were genuinely interested in getting to know me, my experience, and why I wanted to join the team.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume; technical questions about matters listed in the resume; questions about hobbies, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EBRD (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

I got through 2 stage selection to include interview and case study. The interview was quite a standard one - fitness to the position. General questions on background, training and expereince, knowledge of the field and procedures of the Bank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EBRD (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

I am a current EBRD employee. I applied online and was shortlisted. After Skype interview, I could not get the offer although I answered all the questions in a very professional way. It seems that some networking is needed inside the organisation. The interviews are not transparent at all. Lots of the positions are likely for pre-determined candidates. You need to have personal strong contacts with hiring managers. Although I was an internal candidate, they hired an external candidate that does not have any idea about EBRD, its mandate and strategy in practise. The feedback was requested several times after the negative result. They did not seem to give a feedback but being persistent got the result and I got the feedback. However, the feedback was just "bla bla". Therefore, if you want to be employed in the HQ, you need personal contacts in EBRD.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.