EBRD Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

EBRD Interview Questions

Interviews at EBRD

2.9

IPP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

After 4 weeks of submitting the online application, I got an invitation to online assessments. It is required to finish at a short time, kinda tough if you are not good at quantitative stuff. It is easier than commercial banks tho.

Interview Questions

• - Smart Aptitude - Verbal Reasoning Test
      - Smart Aptitude - Numerical Reasoning Test
      - Smart Aptitude - Abstract Reasoning Test   1 Answer

FI Associate Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EBRD (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The majority of the interview process was carried out very professionally. The HR department initially stayed on top of setting up the interviews and managing the process.

However, once I reached the final stage of the process the HR department contact who reached out to me had changed and the process became extremely unprofessional and disrespectful to me as a candidate. I was initially told they were in the final stage of the process and I would hear back within 48-72 hours. I then heard nothing for a week and a half and followed up, after which I received the same information. This same thing happened again 1 or 2 more times until finally I was just ignored after following up.

I finally ended up calling the hiring manager who I had met in person, and who is a really great person and very respectful. He told me the outcome of the interview process and apologized for the lack of professionalism displayed by the HR department. I really appreciate this and am grateful for him answering my call and giving me closure.

While I am disappointed to have come so close to getting an offer, I am very grateful for the opportunity to have and to learn from this experience. I am also grateful to have hopefully made the beginning of a lasting relationship.

I hope that telling my experience helps future candidates as they go through the interview process.

IPP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

1.5 months after submitting the application, I was invited to take a web test. After I passed the web test and received invitation for subsequent interview. The interview was automated video interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain missions and operations of EBRD.
      What is the role of the division I applied for?
      Any international experience?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Average interview.
    An agency called and checked my English level. But, maybe just for the internships that could be the policy.
    Overall, very serious organization. And a good place to feel the global environment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EBRD (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview, case study and basic questions about accounting. Accounting knowledge necessary. Then invited for second round interview to consolidate knowledge and talk about some personal questions and resume. Overall very positive experience, made me look forward to working there as a whole.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EBRD in November 2014.

Interview

After a long online application process, I had a phone interview with the team (2 people). It was a combination of behavioral questions, questions about my background, as well as some questions about current events and my opinions of the future of the region/EBRD's impact there.

Interview Questions

• -What do you think is the most pressing issue in post-Communist Europe?   Answer Question

Interview

It was less structured than investment banking but the whole process was quite efficient and HR is organising it well. I had 3 rounds in total, meeting the team members, director and MD.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBRD (London, England).

Interview

Very positive experience. The interviewees were positive and they were really interested in getting to know about my experiences and understand my way of thinking. There was a panel of two people. I have been shortlisted for an interview after completing a written assignment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had a conflict with your team. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • Technical questions about the projects and the context in the countries of operation.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBRD (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Via an agency. Two main interviews. First with two technical guys, who were fun and smart. The second interview a week later was with 4 people in two separate time slots. First slot was with two senior people and was interesting with some good questions and flow etc. and again likeable people.

The second slot was with two more middle mgmt guys. One guy was very nice and smart. The other guy decided to be as difficult as possible straight away. It started with me stating thanks for your time and I have prepared and studied hard for the interview. His response was that they didn't need people that studied....it went downhill from there with this guy being about as rude as possible, interrupting and talking over my answers and trying to put me under 'pressure'. Also doing his best to be as 'process technical' as possible in the interview, whilst forgetting that the methodology he was referring to is about people and not process.

TBH, I thought I was OK until this guy. Due to his demeanour and attitude I knew he had decided already. If this was what he was like in an interview, then I would hate to work for him anyway and I felt sorry for anyone that does.

I wouldn't ever write up a review in GD, but felt EBRD are doing themselves a disservice. A real shame as I would love to have worked for EBRD, given the incredible work that they do building up and developing countries. It would have been great to a part of this.

Interview Questions

• Standard technical questions around governance, project set up, reporting etc and some about background and CV.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBRD (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview process standard competency based and fairly straightforward- straight down the line. 2 step interview process and seemed straightforward and then nothing - no feedback. Recruitment team obviously staffed by robots as no response or interaction / total waste of time

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.