Elior Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Elior Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Elior Group

2.2

Vice President, Manufacturing and Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elior Group (Scranton, PA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

i applied via indeed.

i was contacted several weeks later to schedule a phone interview. in fact, i was contacted so late that i had actually forgotten that i had applied and had to have my memory refreshed.

in any case, i found the interviewer, a HR generalist to be very robot like and monotone in her speech. however, she was professional abeit really lacking any real personality. i was thinking "cold". i was also thinking that the environment of the company may be as well.

so we had a general conversation and i was told that the hiring manager was very impressed with my resume and felt my skills from outside the organization would be very beneficial in this particular role. especially my chemical engineering background. we ended the conversation with "your resume is on his desk..."

that was last month and ive heard absolutely nothing but crickets. just for fun, i reached out and left a voicemail with the HR generalist. of course, no response.

definitely not a culture i would want to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel your experiences outside the food industry would pertain to this role?   Answer Question

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Elior Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I found out upon arrival that it would be a panel interview, as Accountants were needed in 4 separate departments within the Accounting department. My first impression of the place was boring and quiet. No laughter, no music, no fun. I was informed that this was the case from a former employee, but I always like to form my own opinion. The four ladies I interviewed with confirmed my first impression. Boring, quiet, very much so corporate, limited room for laughter. Interview questions were not at all related to the job itself, and with the ladies that were there, you could tell they didn't interact with each other a lot, as there was a lot of awkward silence between them. In all, especially after getting the inside scoop on benefits and workplace culture, I was not impressed and knew for sure that I would not be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of reconciliations have you done?   1 Answer
    • Would a weekly close and repetitive task list with tight deadlines be an issue?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elior Group (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Kept waiting for nearly an hour whilst interviewer was on phone and then took phone calls during interview. Sat in restaurant, interrupted by team, no engagement or interest shown. Poor show.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elior Group (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Very smart and quick, couple of question about myself and my experience, then move onto management skill.
    How would you describe your relationship with your team and how you will handle hypothetical situation.

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Elior Group Response

3 Jan 2020

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elior Group (London, England).

Interview

Applied online, several weeks later got a call asking me to come in. Did not even have an interview, was just given the job when I went in - very easy.

Head of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Elior Group (Macclesfield, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via a recruitment agency, who I never met. Interviewed at the Macclesfield offices of Elior with the IT Director. Typical questions about staff management and the systems they support (they don't do any development on-site). Nearly all of the IT function is performed by 3rd parties or the parent company in France. I think the hiring manager was a little out of her depth and certainly out of touch with the latest best practices. The infrastructure team she has ‘managed’ for 10 years still didn't practice ITIL standards or any typical standardization. It seems whatever the parent company says the UK division does without any questioning about its suitability. In summary it all sounded a little disjointed and not what I expected from a company supporting the clientele they have.

Waiter/Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elior Group (Cardiff, Wales) in May 2017.

Interview

I was offered a interview by email, and when i arrived at the interview, I was sat down offered a coffee and asked questions about myself and my skill sets

Interview Questions

Elior Group Response

3 Jan 2020

Catering Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Elior Group (Saint Albans, England).

Interview

The interview was nice, I felt after that the job is mine... They sent me an email, final decision by the end of the next week. NOONE called me or emailed me anymore...

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience to work with disable people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not ask questions about salary, how can you develop your carrier there...

Barista/General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elior Group (Basingstoke, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual chat, about the job role and what was expected of me.
    Spoke about training for my Food safety exams, and various other training.
    My role wasn't that varied, but I was happy in it at the start.
    During the interview process, I was shown around the canteen, the various sections and staff members.
    Overall the interview went well and I had heard back within a day or so.

Interview Questions

• Do I have catering experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fine at first but over my time working for Elior, things got worse and worse. I would not recommend anyone work for this company.

Management Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elior Group (Macclesfield, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Inerviewed by the Group Financial Controller and the current Management Accounts Manager. The interview was formal and courteous. Interview started with a review of my CV and then a run through of what I knew about Elior, which was not as much as I would have liked, but I didn't get much time to prepare for the interview. Then moved on to the job specifics and questions surrounding my suitability for the job.

The interview was conducted in a very professional, but relaxed manner. I got a very positive feel about the company and it's ambitions. All of the staff I met that day were very pleasant and welcoming. The whole place exuded an air of confidence.

Interview Questions

• Ho would you deal with a large quantity of profit centres?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.