Emerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Emerson Interview Questions

Interviews at Emerson

2.8

Internships Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

it was a great experience with them, 3 people, at the same time it was a normal discussion with people talking about the opportunity to be working with Emerson. they are sharing there experience working with Emerson

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Phone interview discussing my resume and asking several general HR questions. I was asked about my previous experience and how it can help me succeed at the compahy.

SMT Interview

Interview

Long and drawn out. Took too long for them to get back with me. Already got a job. They should schedule interviews faster and make offer sooner. If offered contingent on background it would be much faster.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you succeeded   1 Answer

Emerson Response

21 Sep 2020 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for the direct feedback. When attracting top talent like you, we need to be more efficient so that you have everything you need quick to make the right choice. Based on your experience, we must improve..and we will. Feel free to contact me directly at david.feldman@emerson.com. Happy to discuss more.

Interview

1 in person interview which included a tour of the additive facility and a chance to meet people I would be working with. I was asked basic questions about my work experience, my accomplishments, and what I plan to bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you had to work with an international employee, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Basic star questions. Really just to see if you are a person they would like to hangout with. Pay is slightly lower than any other companies but they want you to come back each term until you graduate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a challenge and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

First, I completed a normal application online.
    Next, I was selected for a screening interview with an HR representative. This lasted 30 minutes.
    The last step was a 2 hour interview with lead engineers.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

This was for an co-op position and they asked me the standard questions. Aka which classes have you taken, what sets you apart from other candidates, what projects have you worked on etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Contacted by Emerson recruiter and expressed interest in the available position. A week later, the hiring manager arranged a 30 min phone interview. Phone screen interview with the hiring manager consisted of some knowledge based technical questions and one algorithm question. He went on to describe the role and what they were doing. Received an invite for an onsite interview from the hiring manager about two weeks later. The onsite consisted of five 45-60 min interviews and lunch with the team. First interview was with HR and consisted of standard behavioral questions. Second interview was with the hiring manager with software development process and technical questions. Next was a short panel/meet and greet with the team. Third interview was a white boarding portion with one of the team's senior engineers which consisted of two easy/medium leetcode problems. After, was lunch with the team. Fourth interview was with another senior engineer and was a OOD white boarding session. Fifth and final interview was with two engineers where they asked a list of behavioral/technical questions and then provided a laptop with an application running where one had to identify bugs in the application. After all the interviews, the hiring manager gave a short tour of the facility. 2 weeks later the hiring manager gave the verbal and written offer. Overall a great interview experience and solid communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Easy/Medium leetcode problems, OOD, and lots of knowledge based questions.   Answer Question

Emerson Response

18 Sep 2020 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate this. While we not fortunate to have your join Emerson, its important to know how our interview experience is perceived. Thank you very much and nothing but the best luck!

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

The first round was an on Campus interview with 2 managing directors and then a phone screen with the Product Marketing Director in Boulder. After that phone call I got another phone call from HR offering me the poisition

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with multiple software engineers and an engineering manager. They asked me some questions on embedded C (generic ones you can look up, it is probably what they did) and RTOS concepts. They invited me to an on-site interview a few weeks later. I interviewed with two engineering teams who asked me about my projects and general software engineering concepts. They also asked behavioral questions like how I dealing with conflict and taking risks in the workplace. Someone called me back after about two months saying I will get a call from a manager about an offer, but I never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• What is the "volatile" keyword in C? What is deadlock? What is priority inversion? How do you solve it? What is a memory leak?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.