Evans Cycles Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 28 Sep 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Evans Cycles

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evans Cycles.

Interview

Very easy interview in a friendly atmosphere. Just a quick presentation and a few questions on my previous sales experiences. They wanted to know some names of famous bike gear brands, the ones they sell of course.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evans Cycles (Leeds, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick chat talking about my experience with bikes and with working in retail. We went for a coffee and it was informal so didn't feel intimidating. The manager was friendly and I said what hours I was available to work and he was able to accomodate for that

Interview Questions

• Experience and bike knowledge   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Evans Cycles (Gatwick, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then I received an email inviting me for an interview. Invited for a chat about my knowledge in bicycle, qualifications and about the role. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful in answering all my queries. Got an offer after 4 days. Great experience.

Cycle Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Evans Cycles (Guildford, England) in June 2015.

Interview

rock up, build a bike, quizzed on knowledge, perform a repair. not much else to it. questions all revolve around bikes. no customer related question as not in the job. no need to be nervous, its only a bike shop at the ned of the day. but if you show passion you can almost guarantee a job

Interview Questions

• what is your cycling background   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evans Cycles (London, England).

Interview

1-2-1 interviewing of other person, then presented to the rest of the interviewees.
    Test on parts of bicycle
    Hard Maths test.
    Customer service test scenario
    interview with manager.
    Three people watching HR, regional sales manager, supervisor.

NOTE - Most shops now also recruit via a CV. Particularly part-time staff and have done away with the above, they just test you on the shop floor and see how you are with people

Interview Questions

• Not really any per se, apart from asking about availability   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evans Cycles in August 2014.

Interview

Half day assessment / interview. Series of group work, including designing and presenting a shop window display. Individual tests, testing written English, basic maths and bike knowledge. This was followed by a one-on-one interview. Questions centered on previous customer service experience, sales experience and Evans as a Brand.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, why you want to work for Evans.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was applying for a new store, yet to be opened, so there was a range of positions available. I was asked what hours i wanted to work, and this fitted with what they were looking for.

Salary was non-negotiable, and I already knew this.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Evans Cycles (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by a headhunter who asked me if I would like to take part on a process to hire an Assistant Store Manager for Evans Cycles. After saying Yes, I got screened and got a job interview with the Area Manager for the Region.

Interview Questions

• To name 3 key words that define me, as a Store Manager.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.