Evans Halshaw Interview Questions

Updated 26 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Evans Halshaw

Evans Halshaw

Application

I interviewed at Evans Halshaw

Interview

Zoom call and was clearly set out with good questions and not taking up a lot of time. Seemed friendly people and had answers to all of the questions I asked in an honest manner.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a problem with flexible days off
    Answer Question

Evans Halshaw

Application

I interviewed at Evans Halshaw

Interview

Phone interview, very bland questions without a chance to expand or impress. There was a in person interview to follow this but I did not make it to the next stage so unable to comment further

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Amsterdam) in Jan 2020

Interview

smooth and to the point, been talking to the right persons during the interviews. Good be a little more senior and talking about vision in the organization as a whole in my opinion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Bedford, England, England)

Interview

First was a telephone screening, to be offered a face to face interview with dealer principal, then met with the sales manager a week later. A week after that I received the phone call to offer me the job

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to sell vehicles

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Sep 2019

Interview

Easy quick informal chat, was transferring from a branch that was closing down to come and do the same job, and then started the role the following week. Cant think of anymore to say

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Evans Halshaw

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied online, process took about a week. I received a call and was Offered face to face interview. Very easy and easily pleased interview. Hardest question I had was what is my favourite car.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilmarnock, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Kilmarnock, Scotland, Scotland) in Sep 2018

Interview

The interview itself was fine but they never ever get back to you. They promise to be in touch within a few days but they never are! Absolutely shocking for such a big company with a resourcing office. And the “Customer Service Assistant” jobs are an excuse not to pay you commission for sales, CSA’s do absolutely everything other than sort the finance out.

Interview Questions
  • General questions about your experience, and what you know about the role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in May 2017

Interview

Interview was booked for friday afternoon just past. I turned up 10 minutes early only to be kept waiting for over 45 minutes. I was led to believe that this was a full-on formal interview so was surprised to be told it was an informal 10-question quiz based on the usual competency type questions. I answered the questions and at the end asked a couple. Interview ended with me being asked to email a thanks for the interview and state if I wanted to pull out or progress to the next stage. Within 2 hours I sent this email and confirmed I wanted to push forward. Monday morning bright and early I get the rejection email with the usual excuse-you were good but others were closer to the criteria that employers tend to hide behind. Based on this and other interviews, not just in car sales but in other roles as well it seems the typical desired criteria is 20-something (not me), cocky,loud, arrogant with an advanced higher degree in brown-nosing (not me), an allergy to hard graft and the ability to stab workmates in the back to advance yourself without even thinking. Related or relevant experiences don't come in to things much either it would seem. Constantly I'm 'good enough' to be invited in for interview as 'they're keen to meet me' but to me it seems anybody 30 or over is just invited along as a token so companies can tick boxes to show they are not ageist even though they know any 30 plus is not on a level playing field-it's not what you know but how cheap you are to employ and how easy you are to manipulate into a puppet that seals the deal. My advice is if you are under 29 experience or not you stand a very good chance but 30 and over no matter your qualities the dice is loaded against you. Anyone over 30 wanting to career change into car sales, sorry but your only chance is to set up yourself-this ageism is rife in many companies in many fields. It will be interesting to see the spin used to defend this blatant practice...

Interview Questions
  • describe a time you managed a customer's expectations

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Hull, England, England) in Mar 2017

Interview

Easy interview just talked about the job however first week work was crap, treated new starters like dirty labour work and then the greedy existing sales executives nicking all the customers and not giving you a chance to speak. i think as a whole, the competition is something definitely work colleagues take into consideration. I am only trying to get experience in this company after a while i will most likely leave as no job security and ridiculous commission structure. Avoid EVERYONE!!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bury, North West England, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Bury, North West England, England, England) in Feb 2017

Interview

They want to know about you, not how good you are. But how you’re going to improve customer experience What sets you apart from any other sales person What are your hobbies They like to get to know you as a person not just an employee

Interview Questions
  • Personal interests How you’d react in certain situations What makes you the right candidate
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews