Exabeam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Exabeam Interview Questions

Interviews at Exabeam

2.6

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exabeam (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was told my cv was impressive by recruiter and requested availability for the week have many time slots. Didn't hear back until the following week asking me for availability again, responded with time slots The next week asked for availability. Provided two weeks of availability. Next week asked again for availability. Then scored a good role elsewhere.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exabeam in October 2020.

Interview

This interviewer, let's call her R, was late to our interview. I forgave that because everyone needs a little grace these days...but then she proceeded to speak negatively on the previous interview, saying she tried to finish and they just kept holding on. She then went straight into rapid-fire canned questions. I guess she didn't actually want me to answer though because she also started cutting me off before I was finished answering, making negative noises in regard to my answers, and even went so far as to imply I was lying on my resume because "she used to work at" at my previous company "and that's not how they did things". Even though the name-change I mentioned is plain as day on their website. There was barely time for my questions as she started rushing me to finish. Before the interview was over she was already telling me they had other applicants that were "more senior". Never had an interviewer go this far with the rudeness.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply with the company?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Exabeam (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Zoom meeting with recruiter with standard questions about previous work experience followed by zoom meeting with manager with similar questions. Interview process culminated with a series of meetings with different stakeholders / potential co-workers also via zoom.

Interview Questions

• In the final round of interviews the questions were not geared toward the position and were simply so they could gain information about my previous company.   Answer Question

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exabeam in May 2020.

Interview

Here is my honest feedback on interview process with this company.

I was contacted by recruiter from the company, I had 10 interviews with 8 different people:

1. Recruiter
    2. Manager
    3. Architect
    4. Engineer

At this point I already had two offers, one from more interested company, and the ONLY reason I continued interview is because I really like one engineer there and I've seen that I can learn there something and not just bring my expertise.

Recruiter told I got all positives feedbacks, they want to move forward and scheduled another series of non-technical interviews:

5. VP of Marketing
    6. Product Manager
    7. CTO
    8. Another round with Manager
    9. Another round with Recruiter

At follow-up interview recruiter told me that, again, I got all positives feedbacks from all interviewers and they will have debrief tomorrow.

10. Remote engineer from Ukraine (I had to squize my time to make an interview at 11pm with 10 hours time difference).

So, today I got call from recuirer that they won't moving forward and the reason was because they looking for somebody with more experience with kubernetes, and if they will have junior role they will contact me.

Lol what? Are you in your mind to tell that? Have you work as recruiter before? And why the hell it took 10 interviews to decide that my experience with kubernetes is not enough for their specific needs?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exabeam.

Interview

Went through a phone screening that was very bizarre. The recruiter basically just asked me if I was interested in the position and confirmed that everything on my resume was true. She asked me if I had any questions, and I asked what makes a valuable intern. She then went on a rant about how people need to stop complaining and do their work for 10 minutes. They never followed up after that.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exabeam.

Interview

I had two phone rounds, one with the HM and another with a team member prior to onsite. The onsite was from 12 noon till EOD. They did not provide lunch, but they did offer snack bars. There was also no whiteboard in the room.
    The first round was with the Director and it was generic about why PM, etc. The interview ended a few minutes early as the Director had to go for lunch.
    The next round was with the HM, another team member and a person from Pg Mgmt. Started with basic behavioral questions. The team member was however obsessed with estimation questions and did not let me explain my argument. All he seemed to care about was numbers. The HM was more sensible.
    The other rounds were with another team member and leaders from other teams. After 3 hrs in I was hungry and tired, so dont really recall what the last few rounds consisted of.
    Got a rejection email few days later without any explanation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, estimation, simple SW architecture   Answer Question

Exabeam Response

3 Jan 2020 – Sr. Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. I’m sorry to hear that lunch was missed in the interview logistics planning. We do strive for a positive experience, and that does include lunch at lunch hour, and consideration of the length of the interview day.

Principal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exabeam (San Mateo, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was interviewing for a Principal Recruiter role on their Talent Acquisition team reporting to the Head of TA and experienced an extremely disappointing post-interview experience. I never heard back from anyone and this was after doing 2 phone interviews, 2 zoom interviews and being flown out for a 1/2-day interview. I sent thank you emails to everyone the very next day and only one person responded. They also requested a 30-60-90 plan to be provided within the next few days as their goal was to decide very quickly, so I provided this plan to them also the very next day. I heard back from no one. I eventually followed up by email as I was never provided a telephone contact number to the recruiter 4 business days later. I eventually received a response on the 6th business day apologizing for the delay and asking if she could follow up with me for a few minutes sometime that afternoon. Of course I said yes via email, and then I never heard from the recruiter again via phone, nor did I ever receive another reply to that email. The irony is, Exabeam expressed they want to elevate their TA team but is missing the key component that all candidates, even candidates that you are not interested in and/or are not a right fit for you today still require a positive candidate experience because they are a "walking advertisement" of your brand and that is what Exabeam must figure out. My hope is they can improve the experience for all candidates so no candidate must feel so soured which ultimately would have created a better outcome for both candidate and Exabeam.

Interview Questions

• Why Exabeam? Have you ever recruited for cyber security skills/candidates before? Tell me about a time you have worked with a difficult manager/business customer.   Answer Question

Exabeam Response

20 Dec 2019 – Sr. Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for taking my call today! I’m glad we had the opportunity to discuss and clear up the situation that lead to our lack of timely follow up. Busy schedules and missed calls are not excuses. I appreciate you taking the time to provide constructive feedback. Candidate experience is important to us and we are working to close the gap.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exabeam (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter to talk about the position and the company. Then a phone technical interview and then an onsite interview. Overall the process was relatively quick. Onsite interview mainly consisted of technical questions with one with the hiring manager to talk more about the team and role.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest non-repeating substring within a string.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very bad experience, got three round of phone interview and each phone interview gap was about 2 weeks, it felt they just played you. I never left anything on internet, but this is a company not worth to join. Got the interview questions done perfectly, perfectly means that coded KNN in 5mins but still failed the interview with no reason.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exabeam (San Mateo, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I had an opportunity to interview at Exabeam. Recruiter reached out through linkedin.
    During the first call he asked a basic questions. Even though it was obvious he has no idea what the answer could be.

After first round we scheduled technical phone round. The interviewer was not at all helping. He stated question and I was able to code it, test it and covered a lot of test cases. I continued to urge him to speak or put forward his thoughts.

During the session when we were discussing the architecture of Exabeam I bought up some fundamental concepts related to logging. On which interviewer was totally surprised or he was trying to be not aware (I don't know). It sounds like the interviewer was not very experienced.

By this time it was clear that the interview was fake and for fun.
    Be aware it might be time waste.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.