ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Oct 2017
1,011 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the campus hiring website. Then I attended the info session where they answered basic questions about how the interview process is. Last was the face to face interview and job offer in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group problem and you came up with the solution   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewer was nice and made sure that I wasn't nervous. All behavioral. Make sure you know your resume inside out and answer in STAR format. Heard back with a respond about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with people who had different opinions.   Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Interview

This was an on campus interview. It was more of a conversation that started with "Tell me about yourself". The interviewer was very interested in my research so we chatted about that for a while. She also told me a lot about the research process at ExxonMobil. In general, all easy questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They were really nice and helpful. They made you feel comfortable and at ease. It was nice because while they were looking at you as a candidate. It also felt like they were open to be asked about their company as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you struggled to bring team unity   1 Answer

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The 1st round of interviews are behavioral. The interviewer will discuss your resume and then ask situational questions about previous experience. The 2nd round of interviews will be in their office and will consist of multiple rounds of technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• How have you used data analytics to support your work in previous roles?   Answer Question

Phd Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was a 45 minutes individual on campus interview. Got notified 2 weeks after campus career fair. The interview was not conducted by expert in my research field. The questions are mostly behavioral. Won't get further notice until December.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they needed help. Small town, I knew one of the other employees, talked for about 10 minutes with the owner/manager and he had me fill out a tax form, and told me to show up the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Are you a trustworthy person?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied the university recruiting system - they held a reception to meet the interviewers the night before. The interview was okay overall, my interviewer was extremely dry so I had to carry most of the conversation. Make sure that you have insightful questions and don't resort to your generic questions that you ask in every interview. They want to see that you have done the research.

Interview Questions

• name a time that you got a group of people excited about your idea   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

This was the 1st interview which had taken place at the University about a week after the career fair. It is estimated that it will take three weeks before we hear the results on whether we are selected to proceed to a second interview on-site.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Wichita, KS (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Write a program that, allows a user to enter a temperature TF in Fahrenheit, converts the temperature to its Celsius equivalent Tc, and displays the results in the front-panel. Also the user may enter a threshold value Tth in Celsius, before running the program. If the converted Tc value is greater than Tth by at least 5°C or less than Tth by at least 5°C than a Boolean Lid is green. Otherwise, the lid is off.
    Modify the code so, a user may select to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit or Fahrenheit to Celsius.
    (Hint: Use case structure function)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.