Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Federal-Mogul Interview Questions

Interviews at Federal-Mogul

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

I was recruited by Federal Mogul, the interviews were stacked back to back starting with direct supervisor/hiring manager, senior managers, and was finished off with an interview by the director. All interviewers we’re down to earth and very up front with the issues that they faced on the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest professional strengths and what do you consider to be your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenging situation or colleague and how you dealt with the issue or person.   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I found this job through my personal network. Called a past colleague, let him know I was in job search mode and he helped me make the connection. Interviewing process was informal but typical. Interviewed with the hiring manager and director followed by an interview with HR director.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions like ... tell me about yourself, what's your greatest weakness, etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They didn't budge on the salary offer but I did get a signing bonus thrown in.

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Smyrna, TN (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

There was really no interview it was pretty much straight to hire with this application for employment. It was super easy and anyone could have easily got the job. I would suggest anyone who has a hard time getting a job to get this one if youre desperate for a job. This was so easy good luck convicts try this job its super easy.

Interview Questions

• when can you start cause there really is no interview?   1 Answer
    • are you afraid of heights?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then talked to them at a career fair. A few weeks later, had a quick phone screen with HR. A few days later they invited me into the facility for interviews. There were a couple 1 on 1s with engineers and then a group of people interviewed me in another area of the facility. Then, I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The engineers basically wanted to know more about my past experience and projects. The phone screen was more behavioral though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

They had two phone interviews and asked me to come onsite . Then they conducted 4 interviews there for various departments. They told me they'll tell me the results in a week. one of the manager asked me to select his department if you get an offer. I was confident that i'll get through. I answered all their questions and they were satisfied with my profile. Then no response from the HR for 2 weeks. When i mailed her about it, she set up another interview with another manager. That interview went well too. Then after a week of asking the status of the interviews, HR calls and says Sorry you were not selected. i asked the reason for their decision since i did exceedingly well and the managers said that too personally. The HR dodged my questions and cut my call. Worst interview process! Worst response from HR who does not have the courtesy to let the candidates know the results on time and the reason for decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career goals?
      What are your strengths?
      What would your previous supervisor say as your weakness?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

Asked the Generic Interview Questions. The people were very cool and easy to talk to as long as you can hold a good conversation. Just talk about school experience and work experience and you are good.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Southfield, MI (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview lacking any technical knowledge for a position that was looking for engineering students. Many interns lacked any automotive knowledge or awareness of big company environment. I am just trying to get to the word minimum for this response so I don't get fined.

Interview Questions

• No question was relative to knowledge of product line or individual abilities. Primary goal was to get to know the person to judge how he or she would react to the environment. The only vetting of candidates appeared to be personal recommendations via current employees. I am just trying to get to the word minimum for this response so I don't get fined.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Southfield, MI (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick process. Got a phone interview email request on Friday, gave the phone interview the immediate next Monday, received an on-site interview email the same day, interviewed on-site on Friday, received offer letter on next Wednesday

Interview Questions

• related to my college projects and work exp   1 Answer

Site Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waupun, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Waupun, WI (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person/phone interview with supervisor, Plant Manager, HR Manager, individual in same position from another plant. I was then given a tour of the facility. I was informed 2 weeks later i did not get the position, followed by a phone call 2 weeks later asking me if i was still interested. The other candidate did not like not having a local supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If i minded working for a supervisor and manager that was not on site.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was less than 2 minutes. Only asked me one question about my schooling, then told me that was enough for him and asked me if I wanted the job. I was then sent over to the HR office to start paperwork.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.