Financial Conduct Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Financial Conduct Authority Interview Questions

Updated 12 Feb 2018

3.1

Supervision Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority (Telephone, TX (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

You start with a standard application form, including details of your previous experience, and selecting which part of the FCA you want to work in. If you pass all three online tests, you then have a 30 minute telephone interview. If successful at interview you progress to an assessment centre.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority (London, England).

Interview

Pleasant experience, easy discussion about case study and personal experience. Discussed competency questions which were not onerous. Did not have sufficient knowledge for the role but would consider reapplying later once this is solved.

Interview Questions

• How would you interpret "X" legislation   1 Answer

Manager, Authorisations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

By the book, lots of scribbling and form filling by interviewers.
    1 hour case study: 20 pages of notes - prepare a memo to the Head of Dept on a particular topic.

Interview Questions

• 1. How have you shown challenge in your previous jobs?
      2. Give an example on how you have influenced others.
      3. Tell me what you know about the role you are applying for.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

After first application you do online tests. Next they ask you to answer Motivation Questions about why you want to work for the FCA. If you pass this you get to the telephone interview. The final part is an assessment centre .

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority in January 2018.

Interview

Lasted around half an hour, friendly interviewer, necessary to research the functioning of the fca and their current projects, asked around 6-7 questions, necessary to know the business they work in and how you can fit in with their culture,

Supervision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Assessment based on 30 mins to review some documents, and to prepare a summary briefing in response, followed by talking through your method and findings. Followed by a competency based interview

Interview Questions

• When have you used backbone in a situation where you didn't have all the answers.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority.

Interview

Standard, tests and interviews, it was quite straight forward. Nothing too complicated. Interviewers were quite friendly. When compared to other company interviews, it's not that hard. If you prepare well before hand, you'll be in a better position to get the job.

Associate Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

Interview

Applied online with a 300 word cover letter

One interview with two Managers. Lasted 1 hour. Competency based questions. Very scripted. No sense of the interviewers getting to know me and have a more natural conversation.

Technical question was a very brief case study. No set time to read and respond. Interviewers just stay there in the room watching you read and make notes. They then quizzed me on my answers to the case study.

Applied for the role - 2 weeks later interview - 4 weeks after interview offer was made. Quite a long wait.

Interview Questions

• Talk to us about a time you have been outside of your comfort zone   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for the FCA?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you have challenged a senior member of staff   Answer Question

Economics Graduate Development Programmer AC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

There were 8 of us at the assessment centre who all had an Economics background. The AC started about 15-20 mins later than expected and the whole experience seemed quite disorganised. We were first taken into a room and given a brief about the company and the different activities that we would be doing as well as having a current Economics graduate explain his role which was a good touch.
    We first had a written exercise and were taken into separate rooms and given instructions. The task had to be completed on the computer. Then we had the interviews which weren't too bad - they just seemed to want you to give a specific answer. Next was the role play - really intense and lastly, the group exercise which wasn't too bad.
    Overall the day was very long and not much refreshments made available. We constantly had to ask for more water and there were no snacks provided which were really beginning to affect people towards the end of day.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Conduct Authority (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Application Form - Fill out four questions which were 300 word each
    Telephone Interview - Lasted about 30 minutes which was a mix of competency and technical based questions
    Assessment Centre - Didn't get to this stage

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.