Forcepoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Forcepoint Interview Questions

Interviews at Forcepoint

2.8

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Forcepoint.

Interview

I first interviewed with the recruiter. Then I interviewed with the RVP. I then had a 3 interview series with the team (SE Mgr, sales rep, channel manager). The next and final step would have been an interview with the VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• Why I was entertaining new opportunities?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forcepoint.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter contacted me to setup multiple rounds of interviews. After 3 rounds of interviews, they decided to move forward with other candidate. Requested for feedback but never heard back from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Basic/medium questions related to the domain that I work.   Answer Question

15 Dec 2020 – Global Program Manager, People Experience

Thank you for sharing your experience, we encourage our recruiters to call all candidates. We will take this feedback and discuss internally.

Senior Cyber Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forcepoint (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The process went really smooth. Conducted both the technical interview and discussion with the hiring manager. I was continually updated by the recruiter and any questions I had were promptly addressed. Complete transparency throughout discussions with all involved.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on technical skillset required of position.   Answer Question

15 Dec 2020 – Global Program Manager, People Experience

During this pandemic, we made sure that communication was key, welcome to Forcepoint!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forcepoint.

Interview

There were easy Java and C coding questions. There was lots of resume analysis and asking about your prior experience and they want to know all about your cybersecurity experience.

Interview Questions

Forcepoint Response

21 Oct 2020 – Global Program Manager, Candidate and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and that you accepted our offer. We ask that you take the time to continue to share your Forcepoint experience when we email out surveys throughout the year. Welcome to Forcepoint.

Salesforce Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forcepoint (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Ok interview with HR person. HR initial phone screen seemed very distracted during our phone screen, as if HR Person was talking to someone next to her while interviewing and scheduling me.
    Had the interview with the hiring manager, which went well, then immediately got the rejection email without even making it to technical or follow up interviews.
    Stay away from the place, very unprofessional, I did not want to believe the other negative interviews and learned the hard way.

Interview Questions

Forcepoint Response

21 Oct 2020 – Global Program Manager, Candidate and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share, we will note your interview experience and share with the TA Leadership team.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forcepoint.

Interview

There was an initial screening with a recruiter which was mostly an informal discussion. I was provided a questionnaire to submit with additional information on my sales philosophy and background - and also to clear my calendar for several follow up interviews with prospective managers in the following days. I was kept well informed of next steps.
    My biggest concern for this role was that the employer’s estimated OTE salary+income did not seem to add up. More specifically, I asked about the territory for this position and was informed it was exactly one (1) state! In my experience working in numerous sales jobs, their numbers seemed unrealistic. Suffice to say I wasn’t disappointed when informed the employer decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

Forcepoint Response

21 Oct 2020 – Global Program Manager, Candidate and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your interview experience. We will note your comment and share internally with the Sales Leadership team.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Forcepoint.

Interview

This was a two part interview. The initial interview was telephonic and the second part was via teleconference. I interviewed and was advised that I would be given feedback at very specific points in time which did not happen. I am not pushy and do not request feedback timetables but the recruiter went out of their way to provide those timelines anyways and accordingly not adhere to the timelines that she specified. I believe in promptness and precision during my interactions. I hold myself accountable to be timely and I expect the company to be timely as well.

As an experienced professional, my spiny senses were up during the entire process. Something was not right and I could feel it the entire time.

From the first time I spoke with the recruiter, I was very clear about my salary requirements and was advised by the recruiter that said requirements would not be an issue.

Ultimately, another opportunity presented itself while awaiting feedback from the recruiter. I politely emailed the recruiter to let her know as a courtesy, a courtesy which candidates are seldom afforded. I was intent on taking the other role. The recruiter then responded with an indication that they were ready to offer me a job. She asked me if I would still consider working for them. I respectfully took some time to listen to the recruiter and the interviewer. They really sold why I should work for them as opposed to the other opportunity. Then the topic of salary came up which really shocked me. As previously stated, the recruiter already had a clear understanding of my salary requirements. I politely advised the interviewer that I was interested in working for the salary which was previously discussed. The interviewer advised that they would check back with management to see if meeting my salary requirement was something that they could do.

Instead of returning with a lower number and attempting positive salesmanship they emailed me to tell me that they decided not to proceed with my candidacy based upon an alleged skill set deficiency.

They even had the nerve to advise me that they would keep me on file for other opportunities now that they had a better understanding of my background etc.

I am glad that I dodged this train wreck of a company. It seems to me that they don't like to be told no and needed to psychologically have the upper hand in this interaction. Instead of going about their business and working hard they seem to waste resources on playing games with candidates that are highly cleared.

They say that an unhappy customer tells 10 people about their negative experiences. I think that my factual experience is far more amplified here.

I was advised by the recruiter how stable the work at this company is and this experience clearly impeached this claim within the scope of days.

If I known this going in, I would have not wasted any time during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with operating systems imaging?   Answer Question

21 Oct 2020 – Global Program Manager, Candidate and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience interviewing at Forcepoint; it sounds like there are some areas where we can improve our communication; we will take note and discuss with the TA Leadership team.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Forcepoint in February 2020.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 2 onsite interviews. The entire process took 5 weeks. Communication was OK between interviews, but nothing special. As long as you were going to move forward, they took their time. Was told they were going to take 2 - 3 weeks to decide but got the rejection email before I got home from the onsite interview... Nice...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... A lot of situational questions. If you don't choose the "right" situation they are wanting to hear about, you're done.   Answer Question

27 Apr 2020 – Global Program Manager, Candidate and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience here at Forcepoint. We are always looking for ways to improve candidate communication & experience. Your comments will be noted and discussed. Behavioral/situational type questions are designed to uncover more about you & your past behavior, your responses reveal your skills, abilities, and personality. We have found this method of interviewing effective when it comes to hiring here at Forcepoint

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forcepoint (Champaign, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was one interview that had a behavioral and technical component. I got my offer the day after my interview, the process was very fast. Overall very positive and great company to work for,

Interview Questions

• Find the middle node of a linked list   1 Answer

21 Oct 2020 – Global Program Manager, Candidate and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to interview and accept our offer, we hope that you grow in your career and you take advantage of the numerous programs we have in place to ensure your success.

BDR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forcepoint in January 2020.

Interview

Phone talk with a very unprofessional recruiter who insulted me, interrupted the call to speak with her husband and then moved forward to another unprofessional hiring manager, who asked wildly personal questions that I could not relate to the job position at all

Interview Questions

Forcepoint Response

21 Oct 2020 – Global Program Manager, Candidate and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience with us, we will discuss it internally with our TA leadership team.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.