Fortnum & Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fortnum & Mason Interview Questions

Interviews at Fortnum & Mason

2.4

Warehouse Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (New London, WI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Human Rescouces called me one week later and asked me to attend the interview in the picadilly store, was called by the h r department & given a review of my interview around a week later

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England).

Interview

Online one-to-one Skype Interview with Recruitment at Fortnum & Mason. Recruiter just wanted to see if I was “suited to the role” rather than grill me with a serious interview, and just highlighted the job and responsibilities associated.

Interview Questions

• In your own words, highlight the difference between ‘good customer service’ and ‘excellent customer service’   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this role?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Easy interview and process. Sourced via recruiter. Very informal interview, felt more informational. Interviewer was lovely and had a lot of personality. However when putting forward for the position, the role was a little unclear given recent changes within the company.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (Athens (Greece)) in March 2019.

Interview

Greetings of the day,

Please go ahead and arrange as soon as possible any kind of interviews and i promise that i will do my best to Achieve and be a part of your Community.

Interview Questions

• They were asking about my current job and how did i hear about the company and what are my expectations and discussing in a serious way and suddenly no more news.   1 Answer
    • The whole discussion about everything was in german language , Es war auf deutsch damit die andere Person weiss, ob ich Deutsch kann oder nicht.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online - was very easy and quick response. Then had a telephone interview - again very quick and easy. Assessment centre was booked for a couple of days later. Process was easy going and staff were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Not so great pre-comms. Once I arrived at the building, I wasnt sure if they knew where to send me but eventually a lady from HR found me and led me to an interview room which was rather cramped and there were also other team members wandering around during the interview which was quite off putting!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I received an initital phone call from their recruiting manager prior to being asked in for a face to face interview. She was a delight to talk to. Super friendly and not at all intimidating. Basically she just wanted to ask me a bit about my resume and myself.

Interview Questions

• Literally one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had. Really nice guy who didn't do that whole, "So why should I hire you?" thing. We just sat and talked about my resume, about the job and just about stuff in general. The new manager hires more on personality and experience rather than how a person can answer a bunch of prefab questions.
      I was really quite nervous going in as I've read some pretty scary stories on here but it was nothing like that. I think that ther has been some management rehaul and they're trying to fix their system.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Group interview. First you have to do some little group activities, and then you have to go before a panel of managers and do a sales pitch based on an item that you choose earlier. You also have a personal interview with one of the managers beforehand so they can ask you more in-depth questions. The sales pitch can be intimidating, but if you just stay positive and upbeat, it's not that hard. Assuming you have had prior sales experience, it shouldn't be a problem.

Interview Questions

• Usual Interview Questions; they ask about your previous luxury retail experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online; received a text message to arrange a phone call which turned out to be a telephone interview; then invited to ‘interview assessment’.
    Upon arriving to ‘interview assessment’, i discovered it was a whole group interview of approx. 20 people, we was then asked to hand in our passports? And told we’d be given them back at the end of the interview...I hadn’t taken mine as I hadn’t been told to. Then everyone followed the recruitment officer through to the wine bar where we was told to fill in a form and that we’d have our photo’s taken individually for ‘security purposes’ - not acceptable in my opinion, nor is holding passports hostage until end of an interview. Needless to say, I got up and left.

Interview Questions

• Must be available to work weekends (on the form)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortnum & Mason (London, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Assesment day, easy questions and then they asked me to sell a christmas tree decoration to them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was none, take it or leave it

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.