Funding Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Jul 2018

2.8

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with HR it was one of the more difficult phone calls I've ever had with a potential employer--the interviewer was rude and aggressive. Then I went into the office for 2 1 on 1 interviews, which were easy and I thought went well. They got back to me pretty quickly (within a week) and I did not get the job.

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a decent conversation with the HR representative and he said he would contact me within the next week. A week and a half goes by and I email him to let him know I am still interested. He never called or took the time to email to say anything. Disrespectful in my opinion.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for Funding Circle. I was interested in their pitch, so I agreed to go forward. I had a interesting first phone interview, and they agreed to send me a coding test. After a half week, I sent mail to the Funding Circle contact asking when they would send the coding test. They did not reply.

After more than a week, they sent the coding test. No mention of why there was a delay or why they did not respond to my email.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a program to print a multiplication table of the first 10 prime numbers and to consider how it would scale to N prime numbers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I met and spoke with several people separately over the course of three hours; someone from HR, a project manager, one of the engineers, and finally the engineering team lead. There was a paired programming exercises with the engineer, at a workstation right in the center of the main office area. Everyone I interacted with was relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Choose an example of an interesting technical problem that I had solved on my own, and describe how I went about solving it.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

It's intensive. Not uncommon to meet 4 - 8 people before you're hired. Reason: are you a fit, culturally? by team? by company? what are you going to bring, and what are we going to learn from you? how do you make yourself invaluable?

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary? This was the very first question I received. This wouldn't happen now, but I was pretty shocked and wasn't expecting it nor prepared.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Funding Circle in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the hiring manager about a month after applying online, so it was a nice surprise. We scheduled a 30 minute phone screen. He called about 5 minutes late, and gave all his questions in a very monotonous manner, pausing about 20 seconds in between my answers to type in the background. He did not sound prepared and shuffled about for questions to ask me. I also never got any introductory background on the company and the position, or what they're looking for ideally. The interview also ended early as he had nothing else, and I was asking him questions for just about half of the time.

The whole process felt very awkward and forced, and it did not seem like he was really interested in my candidacy.

I was told I'd hear back "next week", however no response came. I emailed the hiring manager after two weeks for an update, and still no response.

It's unfortunate that they handled me in this way as it gives off an impression that Funding Circle is not a good place to work. Luckily, the hiring process is a two way street.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen with the recruiter, two take home assessments to test Excel and SQL competency, two on-sites (first with hiring manager, second with the rest of the team), thorough reference check. They treated professionally throughout the interviewing process. Reference check was a little tedious but the team fought hard to get me onboard.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick and Easy. One on-site to meet with 4 people and each asked different insightful questions. Hiring decision was also quick. Each interviewer let me know why they like working here and why its mission is important to them.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Funding Circle in February 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview which went well. Was asked to come in for a second interview. The second interview took place in a very hot box sized room and the person interviewing asked a lot of questions but did not talk much about the actual role itself. I was well aware by mid interview that i was not going to be getting another interview, mainly because of how unfocused on the actual position the conversation was.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewers were all very nice and knowledgable about the company itself; very smart people. The interview itself was just a bunch of basic fit questions (i.e. go over your resume, relevant experience, etc). The entire process consisted of 3 rounds of interviews, some over the phone, others by Skype.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.