Funding Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 29 Nov 2017

2.7

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a decent conversation with the HR representative and he said he would contact me within the next week. A week and a half goes by and I email him to let him know I am still interested. He never called or took the time to email to say anything. Disrespectful in my opinion.

Salesforce.com Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

I have no knowledge of the interview process because the internal recruiter twice scheduled and an interview and twice was a no show. The first time I gave them the benefit of the doubt the second time it just seems they don't want to hire for the position

30 Oct 2017 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process at Funding Circle. We take feedback like this seriously and will sure to improve our communications moving forward.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Dry, bizzare, intimidating, bland. Worst experience I have ever. It seems my answers were not good enough because he kept repeating himself, in a very robotic tone. He kept insisting that I give him details about the metrics driven aspect of our calls at a previous company, I actually had a copy of my monthly review and I had no idea what he was trying to get out of me.
    I just got off the 15 min. phone interview.

Too bad I was actually very excited about the company.

Loan Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter promptly contacted me and then I was contacted by the department hiring manager. We had a brief conversation and she told me to await another email from the recruiter, which I never heard back from.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

19 Oct 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for feedback! We strive to respond to each candidate as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, we let you down and would like to apologize. If you would like to speak with us about your... More

Product Interview

Interview

The interview process itself was fairly straightforward. A couple of phone screens, followed by a technical exercise, then an onsite visit with a bunch of interviews scheduled back to back. The questions were easy and nothing that an experienced PM should have trouble with.

That being said, the overall experience was negative. I felt like a lot of the questions were the "Gotcha" type and rude. The interviews were complete and my my expereince was similar to one of the other rviewer's beow: everyone was gushing about it, including the recruiters, but I never even heard back with a yes or a no. Months later, I got an alert from jobvite, which is what they use for applications and the alert said I had been rejected. Considering I had invested hours into actually interviewing at this place, I think a phone call or email saying this didn't work out wasn't too much to expect? Felt like hubris - they called me back over and over to interview but didn't have that decency to send me a two min email saying it didn't work out. That tells me a lot about the place.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

I had an aptitude evaluation online. The test was 30 questions with 35 minutes to complete. Then I had a conversation with a recruiter. The recruiter was late, impolite and asked wired questions. I lost my interest half way through. I am glad it didnt work out. Think twice before you decide to interview and invest your time here.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

6 Jun 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback on our interview process and apologize that you did not have a better experience. We strive to provide a positive interview experience. Our core values are to be open... More

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter emailed me a couple of days later and scheduled a technical phone interview in the same week. I got an onsite interview in the following week. They got my photo taken for my name tag when I checked in. All people I met were nice. The interview process was efficient.

Interview Questions

• Do prepare your interview around the job description, so you can answer related questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

Three part process. The first interview is with the recruiter. Then it's one with the hiring manager. The last step was in an in-house interview with the hiring manager in person and a few other team members from the team you applied for. Once you pass that then it's on to a very thorough reference check. If you pass that then you get the job.

The overall interview experience and questions were pretty easy. How they determine a successful candidate, however, is a different story. I've sent several emails to the recruiters for follow-ups whenever the day where they said they were going to call me passes, and all of them just opens the email and does not respond. How do I know? I have the email tracker Sidekick by hubspot that tells me when and where they opened my email. Please don't give out high praise to the candidates after the interview and change your attitude after the interview is over. They didn't even have the decency to let me know personally what they did with my candidacy.The worst part is that if you look at all of the other reviews about their interview process, it's similar to what I experienced. Funding Circle has addressed these concerns but has never actually improved anything. Terrible business acumen. I don't want to work for this place after this experience. I don't advise anyone to be their customers either given how they treat people's time. These recruiters have no clue how to do their job successfully. Sad part is that this is becoming more of a common issue throughout startups and other companies. Not accetpable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Your past experiences, projects.
      Technical skills
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years or so.
      Questions that you've prepared for them.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a similar experience as many other candidates. The recruiter was incredibly unprofessional. Called me late, did not apologize and was totally unenthusiastic about our call. I have never encountered someone who clearly did not want to speak with me. I could barely hear them speak (or myself for that matter) because of tremendous background noise. And the call lasted a mere 12 minutes. I don't even know if the recruiter read my resume because they asked me questions that were blatantly obvious on there. I got off the phone already knowing that I was unimpressed and would have no desire to continue even if I was offered another interview. Funding Circle should be more thoughtful about who they select to represent the company to candidates.

US SAN Francisco Interview

Application

Interview

Whoa. Dryest interview ever ... Interviewer was late, and did not apologize. Seemed like he was ready to go home before we even started. Doubt I'll receive a call back because I'm not currently managing a team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your career. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.