Funding Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Oct 2017

2.7

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Dry, bizzare, intimidating, bland. Worst experience I have ever. It seems my answers were not good enough because he kept repeating himself, in a very robotic tone. He kept insisting that I give him details about the metrics driven aspect of our calls at a previous company, I actually had a copy of my monthly review and I had no idea what he was trying to get out of me.
    I just got off the 15 min. phone interview.

Too bad I was actually very excited about the company.

Loan Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter promptly contacted me and then I was contacted by the department hiring manager. We had a brief conversation and she told me to await another email from the recruiter, which I never heard back from.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

19 Oct 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for feedback! We strive to respond to each candidate as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, we let you down and would like to apologize. If you would like to speak with us about your... More

Product Interview

Interview

The interview process itself was fairly straightforward. A couple of phone screens, followed by a technical exercise, then an onsite visit with a bunch of interviews scheduled back to back. The questions were easy and nothing that an experienced PM should have trouble with.

That being said, the overall experience was negative. I felt like a lot of the questions were the "Gotcha" type and rude. The interviews were complete and my my expereince was similar to one of the other rviewer's beow: everyone was gushing about it, including the recruiters, but I never even heard back with a yes or a no. Months later, I got an alert from jobvite, which is what they use for applications and the alert said I had been rejected. Considering I had invested hours into actually interviewing at this place, I think a phone call or email saying this didn't work out wasn't too much to expect? Felt like hubris - they called me back over and over to interview but didn't have that decency to send me a two min email saying it didn't work out. That tells me a lot about the place.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

I had an aptitude evaluation online. The test was 30 questions with 35 minutes to complete. Then I had a conversation with a recruiter. The recruiter was late, impolite and asked wired questions. I lost my interest half way through. I am glad it didnt work out. Think twice before you decide to interview and invest your time here.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

6 Jun 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback on our interview process and apologize that you did not have a better experience. We strive to provide a positive interview experience. Our core values are to be open... More

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter emailed me a couple of days later and scheduled a technical phone interview in the same week. I got an onsite interview in the following week. They got my photo taken for my name tag when I checked in. All people I met were nice. The interview process was efficient.

Interview Questions

• Do prepare your interview around the job description, so you can answer related questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

Three part process. The first interview is with the recruiter. Then it's one with the hiring manager. The last step was in an in-house interview with the hiring manager in person and a few other team members from the team you applied for. Once you pass that then it's on to a very thorough reference check. If you pass that then you get the job.

The overall interview experience and questions were pretty easy. How they determine a successful candidate, however, is a different story. I've sent several emails to the recruiters for follow-ups whenever the day where they said they were going to call me passes, and all of them just opens the email and does not respond. How do I know? I have the email tracker Sidekick by hubspot that tells me when and where they opened my email. Please don't give out high praise to the candidates after the interview and change your attitude after the interview is over. They didn't even have the decency to let me know personally what they did with my candidacy.The worst part is that if you look at all of the other reviews about their interview process, it's similar to what I experienced. Funding Circle has addressed these concerns but has never actually improved anything. Terrible business acumen. I don't want to work for this place after this experience. I don't advise anyone to be their customers either given how they treat people's time. These recruiters have no clue how to do their job successfully. Sad part is that this is becoming more of a common issue throughout startups and other companies. Not accetpable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Your past experiences, projects.
      Technical skills
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years or so.
      Questions that you've prepared for them.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a similar experience as many other candidates. The recruiter was incredibly unprofessional. Called me late, did not apologize and was totally unenthusiastic about our call. I have never encountered someone who clearly did not want to speak with me. I could barely hear them speak (or myself for that matter) because of tremendous background noise. And the call lasted a mere 12 minutes. I don't even know if the recruiter read my resume because they asked me questions that were blatantly obvious on there. I got off the phone already knowing that I was unimpressed and would have no desire to continue even if I was offered another interview. Funding Circle should be more thoughtful about who they select to represent the company to candidates.

US SAN Francisco Interview

Application

Interview

Whoa. Dryest interview ever ... Interviewer was late, and did not apologize. Seemed like he was ready to go home before we even started. Doubt I'll receive a call back because I'm not currently managing a team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your career. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview process ever. I found the position through Indeed and submitted my resume on March 1, 2017 and received an email from the company recruiter through jobvite on March 6, 2017 telling me that she would love to set up a phone interview and asked me for my availability in the next few days. So excited to have gotten an email from her, that same evening I emailed her back through jobvite providing her with my availability; however, after two days have passed, I did not get a response back from her. I tried emailing her again through jobvite and waited another day and still no response. It just seemed so odd to me that a recruiter would email for an interview and not respond. Concerned that there was glitch in the jobvite email system, I decided to look the recruiter's name up on Linkedin and messaged her through there. She finally responded back to my message through LinkedIn and told me that she was sorry for the late response as she was very busy so we scheduled a phone interview for March 15th. I completely understood because I noticed that she just started 2 months ago so it was totally understandable how busy it can get when you first start a new company. I was very excited for the phone interview and made sure to do all my due diligence before the interview to learn more about the company as well as the role. So March 15th comes along and I get a call from her and first thing she said was that she had to reschedule because her system was down and that she couldn't even see my resume. March 15th was a Wednesday so I asked her if we can reschedule for Friday but she said the next availability would be the following Wednesday (03/22) because she was going to be out on vacation Monday and Tuesday. I was thinking I’m on the phone and I’m ready to present myself right on the spot but I wanted to be respectful so I agreed to that date. After we rescheduled, she tells me on the phone where they were in the process with the other candidates and she told me that I was late in the game and if all the other candidates fell through then they would consider me. I was thinking so I'm not even going to get an opportunity to present myself unless all the other candidates are passed on? Why would you even email me in the first place? So after we hung up, I messaged her asking if we can reschedule to an earlier date because I would really love the opportunity to present myself sooner if it will help give me an equal or better chance among the other candidates. I told her that I truly believed she will find my credential and personal qualities will more than surpass her expectations and that I am confident because of my knowledge and background with over 14 years of combined experience in lending and investment industries in both private and public companies. So she got back to me through LinkedIn and agreed to speak with me on March 17th at 10:30 am. I know I'm nick picking but she was 5 mins late for the call and when she asked me questions, it didn't seem like she was taking any notes because she never asked me to repeat anything or re-summarized what I had said. Maybe I'm wrong and she is an excellent note taker or she had a recording system that recorded our phone conversation which she will then review afterwards. She then said thanks and told me to follow up with her by March 23rd if I don't hear back from her. So, today being the 23rd, I messaged her through LinkedIn, thanking her for the phone interview as well as reiterating my strong interest in the position and why I would be a great candidate. A couple hours later, I get an email through jobvite with a general statement saying “thank you for applying but we have decided to move forward with another candidate”. The least she could have done was message me back personally and tell me I didn’t get the job. I just thought this whole process was very unprofessional where I had to track the recruiter down to respond back to an email she initially sent and then felt like I was on the bottom of the food chain before I even got a chance to present myself. I was very excited to hear back and was looking forward to a great opportunity at Funding Circle but she made me feel very undeserving. I am confident of my background/experience and my proactive nature but she should not have contacted me in the first place because this was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were textbook interview questions such as "why do you want to work at Funding Circle?" so there were no surprises or difficulties.   Answer Question

30 Mar 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for your interview experience and the back-and-forth in scheduling. We did incur a system outage that day which hampered quite a few of our interviews... More

Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Moved extremely quickly and there was interest there from the start. It is quite obvious that they are on a hiring spree. Made it to the final round interviews and then ultimately to reference checks, which is typically a great sign that an offer would come next. ESPECIALLY if they ask for all current job references. Ended up receiving a very casual email after I had to follow up on the status saying that they had decided to move forward with another candidate. This is something that I had never, ever heard of before. How could you require all current references if you are not absolutely certain that you will hire the person? This puts the candidate in such an awkward, embarrassing and jeopardizing position with their current co-workers. This is extremely unprofessional, inconsiderate and just downright bizarre. A complete waste of everyone's time. I really hope that this was not the standard protocol for all candidates who completed their final round interviews.

I am very glad that I ended up not getting offered the position because I would not want to work for a company that has such blatant disregard for people. How you treat your candidates is a telltale sign of how you treat your employees. The company is all about honesty and feedback, well practice what you preach.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.