Funko Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Funko

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funko (Seattle, WA) in May 2021

Interview

I only made it through the initial phone screen with the recruiter. During that convo I was told some of my responses were things she was told to specifically to look out for in a candidate. She was excited, I was excited, so needless to say, when the call ended I felt really good about the position and my prospects for making it to the next round. I was even told I'd hear back in 3 days after HR spoke with the HM to confirm next steps. One week went by and no response, so I sent the recruiter a follow-up email. Two weeks after that and still no response of any kind. While I understand not all companies can respond to the slew of applications they receive, if a candidate makes it past the initial gate to phone screens or more, it's general courtesy to tell them when they're no longer under consideration. All I can say is that if ghosting promising candidates is standard practice for HR, I'd be concerned about how the rest of the company and management operates. Something for other job seekers to consider when applying to this organization.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite board game and why?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Funko

Interview

Someone reached out to schedule an interview with me and then confirmed. Then I received a message stating that the manager had a meeting conflicting at that time and they wanted to reschedule. I followed up with them 2-3 times and no one ever responded.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Funko in Apr 2021

Interview

The Recruiter didn’t show up to the scheduled screening call. About 10 minutes into the scheduled call, I received an email saying they were running late and would like to reschedule. I responded immediately regarding rescheduling and provided my availability, but never heard back from them. I reached out two more times via email and still haven’t heard back. I also called the phone number in their signature, but they didn’t answer and their voicemail box was full. Just a strange, unprofessional experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funko (Buffalo, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative who thoroughly reviewed my experience and background. The same day, the HR contact asked if I could video conference with the President and the CEO of the company. I was forwarded a video conference invite. The President and the CEO no-showed the interview. The HR contact never provided me an explanation or rescheduled. Overall, a very unprofessional and disappointing interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • They were very interested in my management style and alluded to personality challenges among the management team.
  • They wanted to know how much budget and p&l management experience I had.
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funko

Interview

I received an email invitation to an interview so I responded with dates/times I am available. A day later, Funko sent a second email invitation with slightly different wording than the first. I responded again with dates/times making sure they received my first email. I never received a response. A week later, despite following up with additional dates, I never received an email back. They seem extremely unorganized, like they can't keep track of who they have invited to interview.

Interview Questions
  • Please reply to this message with some options and availability for a 30 minute phone conversation and confirming the best number to reach you at. I'll then circle up with you to confirm details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funko (Everett, WA) in Oct 2020

Interview

First "interview" was a phone call with the talent acquisition to assign me a project. Completed the project early and got onto the second interview very quickly. Interview went great, though questions asked were lacking. Literally just "tell me about your experience with social media and graphic design". I did a good job as a candidate to take those questions and turn it around with very stimulating answers. Interviewer was quite awkward. I could tell I was probably actually too interested in the role for her liking. I think candidates should always be excited for a role their interested in. Not surprised that I didn't even get an automatic rejection email. They love to keep you guessing and not treat you like a human :) Thanks Funko

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Funko

Interview

I applied for an entry-level creative position at Funko, and was incredibly disappointed with the interview process overall. When I was notified that I was a prospective candidate for this position, I was told by the talent acquisition recruiter that I would be having a brief, 30-minute phone interview as my initial means of contact. Prior to this, I was sent a follow-up email that explained that instead, I would be having a Photoshop assessment. I wouldn't be talking with anyone, and the creative team would watch my performance over Zoom's screen share. I directly emailed the recruiter with some questions and concerns about how the process would be conducted, but received no answer. The morning of the interview, I still hadn't heard back, so I followed up again, and the only response I received was an invitation to a Microsoft Teams phone call. At this point I didn't know what to anticipate from the interview, or who I was going to be speaking with. The recruiter was disorganized, and did not communicate well at all during the process. The person I spoke to over the phone was very friendly, and one of the first recipients that actively communicated with me during the hiring process. After our conversation, I received an offer letter, while although was exciting, was a bit of a red flag for me considering most of the communication I've made was one-sided, and I only had one preliminary interview as an opportunity to learn more about the position. The offer letter itself displayed incorrect information about the position, and listed my contract from August 2020–June 2020, which is an impracticable timeline. I emailed the person I spoke to and the recruiter about these discrepancies in the offer letter, I asked for further clarification on their COVID policies, and asked for negotiated pay, but heard nothing for a week until I followed up again. After sometime, they reached back out to me rescinding the offer without further explanation as to why, or acknowledging the questions I had. This interview process was extremely disappointing, and offered a lot of unanticipated complications. I would encourage anyone interested in applying for Funko to be adamant about the questions they ask, and be mindful of how they're communicating.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Funko

Interview

1. Applied online 2. Three weeks later: Phone screen with HR 3. Two and half weeks later: Phone screen with the HM 4. Three weeks later: Onsite with four different people 5. Two weeks later: Sorry, you're not good enough Quite honestly the process was similar to other reviews about poor communications. Funko only reaches out when they want to or need to communicate. Any candidate initiated follow-ups through-out the process was met with complete silence. They use Jobvite to communicate so that they don't expose any of their email addresses unnecessarily. It was a pretty disappointing process since candidate experience seems to be an after thought -from the moment I was greeted at reception to the actual interviews. Reception was unwelcoming and treated me like I was an inconvenience, and no one offered water or coffee until the second or third interview. I sure do hope they improve on the candidate experience front if they want "top tier" talent. Am I bitter? Nope. I just don't appreciate poor experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Each interviewer asked different types of questions. There was the typical 'know-it-all" that would humble-brag a question, so they can all vary. The one generic question asked most frequently was "Why Funko?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funko (Coventry, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

I applied online and was offered a phone interview a week later. They require you to speak one other European language and I offered German. I had not heard from them for 3 weeks to I sent them a follow-up email which they did not reply to. So I sent a thank you email for the interview and suggested their salary seemed very high (£25-£30k) for a Customer Service Rep. They then wrote back and said it is the salary. I wrote back and said is it the basic guaranteed salary to which they replied it is. I saw that they re-advertised the job again you see that's why I emailed them. I just said, OK if you want to interview me again then contact me and this is my second language. I haven't heard a word. I don't know who they are expecting to get who speaks German too but perhaps there are some young blonde native speakers around this area with the voice to go with it. Who knows what they want!

Interview Questions
  • What is your second language you can offer?
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Funko

Interview

Talked with a recruiter first, then with the hiring manager, then interviewed on site with two of the directors. Process was smooth, the recruiter i worked with was fantastic. I did two phone screenings before going onsite. I didnt love the environment of funko, felt disorganized. People were nice, but one of my interviewers was on her phone, which made me uncomfortable because it was while i was answering a question.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews