GSMA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GSMA Interview Questions

Interviews at GSMA

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Africa, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA (Africa, IN (US)).

Interview

Interview twice for 2 different roles from different stakeholders within a 4 month period...One was for mHealth the other was just general market analyst. Both interviews were standard, asked about experience, motivations and expertise. but afterwards even after talking to very senior guys there was no reply, call or email...just ended like that

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA in August 2014.

Interview

Made it through first and second round of interviews. Very smart people who that know their industry and work really hard and expect the same of whomever they hire.

Interview Questions

• Analyze, develop and present on a business case within one hour as part of the final interview process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am anticipating an offer in the coming days. I expect them to lowball me but for a sales position in the market they are trying to capture and with my experience, they should expect to pay top dollar - specifically because this is not a commission-based position and the sales cycles can be from 3 to 18 months.

Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

They use a recruitment consultant, an in-house HR, and the hiring manager. wasn't a great experience in general.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GSMA.

Interview

Went through 4 (!) interview rounds. Invested much time and effort. After 4th interview never heard back from them again, for better or worse, even though I felt the interview went well.
    HR never responded to my emails after that day.
    Looking at other interview reviews here this seems like a common practice with them.

Incompetent HR.
    The staff were otherwise very nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of ordinary. Make sure you fit the job description and if you do the interview is very straightforward.   Answer Question

IOT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a telephone interview, after the telephone interview it was a more difficult than the average psychometric test. Final stage was an assessment centre which involved a group activity, presentation and an interview. Very nice HR team and managers who made me feel relaxed throughout.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Calming process. Questions were not difficult and the Tech Manager is a very calm man. The Hiring process was also very nice. They called me up and even changed my contract to a 3 month contract rather than a yearly placement.

Senior Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interview by two managers who asked questions about my CV. The senior manager believed that the Apple iPhone X was going to fundamentally change the global telecommunications market. I disagreed with him. I believed that he failed to see the wood from the trees. He had fallen for all the hype surrounding the product launch of the Apple iPhone X while ignoring more fundamental factors such as cognitive computing, cloud computing, 5G, IoT, and big data. Overall I was not impressed with his strategic abilities. The culture of the GSMA appeared to be the type of place where they had meetings to discuss what to discuss in the next meeting.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England).

Interview

Contacted by recruitment agent - with brief over the phone interview.
    Face to face interview with direct manager, Director and HR partner.
    Requested to complete a (daunting) online Psychometric test - personality, aptitude and reasoning.
    Second face to face interview which was structured as a client presentation. A few minutes to prepare with internet as an aid, present in any style you prefer to interviewers.
    Confirmation of role within the week.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a difficult conflict with a staff member   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had been made an offer by another company just before my second interview. Short negotiation which resulted in a small increase in salary. My final decision was based on company rather than salary.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

2 stages that included a case study. The interviewers were very helpful and the recruiter was excellent, kept me well informed and fully briefed, top service. The case study was challenging and I believe they do psychometric tests too.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England).

Interview

1. online application
    2. recruiter call
    3. face2face with the line manager and 1 specialist
    4. online test
    5. face2face with the program manager and the line manager

they were friendly, asked relevant questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.