Galliford Try Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Galliford Try

2.8

Assistant Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

Had two interviews each taking about 30 mins each. Very relaxed atmosphere, more of chat about my experience and my expectations. Talked a bit myself attending university too. Expected to travel.

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Solihull, England) in March 2019.

Interview

A brief telephone interview based on questions about yourself and the company. Invited to an assessment centre a week after which constisted of 2 group activities, an individual presentation and a written activity.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Had an assessment day with about 12 other applicants which lasted nearly a full day and consisted of group tasks and presentations. Afterwards was invited to an actual interview which went well but had to wait over a month to get a response back.

Was offered the job, however the offered wage and benefits package was less than expected and below what most other main contractors offer for this sort of posistion.

Interview Questions

• The usual interview questions (e.g. "What do you offer over the other candidates?" etc)   Answer Question

Graduate Health and Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Interview

Interview seemed ok but a bit of inconsistency in their feedback. Please note, the interviewers also give a false impression that you're responding to the questions very well without you knowing that it is all false. My advice is for you not to waste your time as they already have a personality profile they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario where your communication skills let you down   Answer Question

Graduate Health, Safety and Sustainability Assessor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Birmingham, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the role via their website back in November I think and I was invited to attend a telephone interview in December. It didn’t last long, they just asked 5 questions about why I was interested in the role and a bit about myself. I couldn’t really gage whether I had done ok but they called me the beginning of January inviting me to an assessment day in February.
    I thought the assessment day was good, there was about 12 or 13 of us and there was quite a few people from HR and some senior managers. They were all really friendly and they made us feel relaxed.
    They did say to arrive early for refreshments but there weren’t any. They took us up to a board room and a lady from the training and development team did a 15 minute talk on the company and what they offer, training and benefits etc which was good. We then got split off into groups and we had to do a group exercise to demonstrate team building which I thought was really good fun.
    After that we were brought back upstairs and a lot of candidates were sitting in the boardroom waiting to be interviewed. I was the last person to be interviewed so I was really nervous at that point as I must have been waiting a couple of hours.
    The interview itself was as you would expect. I was interviewed by the H&S manager and a lady from HR. They were really nice and I did a brief presentation which I’m not totally sure how it went but I think I covered the brief. I thought that some of the questions would have been hard to answer if you didn’t have any work experience. Most of the questions were your standard questions about how you work as a team, communication skills, a time when you have had to consider health and safety. They talked about the benefits they offers which were really good I thought and they also have a lot of mental health awareness which I really liked as it’s something I feel employers should be more involved in.
    I have not heard back yet as to whether I have been successful but I’m really hoping I am as the job is perfect and they seem a really good company to work for.

Graduate Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Online application- CV

Telephone Interview- standard questions, lasted about 20 mins. Just wanted to hear keywords.

Assessment Day (9-12.30pm) which included a presentation and a group exercise.

The presentation lasted 5 mins or so, mine was timed but from speaking to other candidates at the interview some hiring managers did and some didn't which I felt wasn't standardised.

Following on straight from the presentation was the interview, pretty standard questions- competency and scenario-based, again I felt like they wanted to hear keywords!

Use the S.T.A.R method when answering questions.

Every interview had a time allowance of 45 mins to include the presentation as well. The interview itself lasted 35 mins or so, mine was yet again timed and I know others were not...some interviews ran over by 30 mins!

The group exercise was fun, just be yourself and enjoy it. The hiring HR and others involved in this section were lovely. They watch you interacting with the other members and note down what they observed.

Interview Questions

• your opinions on Behavioural Health and Safety and give a time when you used i   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Birmingham, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Online Application
    Telephone Interview
    Online Tests
    Assessment Centre

Assessment Centre
    - group exercise
    - presentation
    - interview

Pretty simple day, however, I found the company to be very unorganised.
    They stated to come early for refreshments - there was not any and they kept us waiting over 20 minutes

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jarrow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Jarrow, England) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was calm and it was full of useful information regarding the job role. The interviewer made me feel welcome from the start and i got offered the job at the end of the interview.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the graduate civil engineer in GallifordTry. It took about 2 weeks to get invited to next stage phone interview. The interview itself was easy. it lasted about 15 min. the next stage is the assessment center. I did the phone interview in early January and I am waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your education.
      why did you choose to apply for this role?
      what three skills can you bring to us from your previous job?
      what the safety procedures in our industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Hinckley, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I made a direct application to Galliford Try via the website. I was then called on the phone and completed a telephone interview successfully. I was invited to an assessment centre in Solihull which I passed successfully. The assessment centre involved a team building exercise and an interview with a commercial lead. It was a good experience, friendly and welcoming.
    I was told I passed every part of the assessment process strongly and impressed.
    I was then told to attend an 'informal' interview at a location in Hinckley where I would be potentially based. A new HR rep took control from this point and communication was poor with her, my interview date was changed last minute and upon arrival I was disappointed with the lack of a welcoming reception, I was told to be relaxed due to the informal nature of the interview but to be honest I felt pressure and far less relaxed in comparison to the interview at the assessment. I wish I would have been told what to expect as I would have prepared better. But being told to relax and feeling as though I just had to turn up and tell them about myself was not helpful. The only reason I am neutral and not disappointed overall is because initially I felt looked after and wanted, 'initially'.

I was told I didn't get the job because I could do with experience and should apply again the following year, when I have experience.
    I applied for a graduate role, with a law background and wanted to change my career path so I took up a masters. No where in the graduate job description did it state experience was necessary. It's almost as though they wanted me to have experience so that they wouldn't have to bother teaching on the job.
    My question is,
    Why did I need experience if the graduate role was 2/3 years?
    Is the experience gained on the grad scheme so poor that applicants should come with experience?

Very disappointed with how it all ended, surely they could have told me I didn't have experience from looking at my CV?!

Interview Questions

• Question at informal interview stage:

What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.