Galliford Try Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Galliford Try

Galliford Try

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Galliford Try

Interview

email invite for interview around 30 minutes on Microsoft Teams virtual interview with resourcing manager email invite for interview around 30 minutes on Microsoft Teams virtual interview with resourcing manager

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in working for galliford try?
    Answer Question

Galliford Try

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Galliford Try

Interview

Good I was made to sit for the interview and they asked questions about my experience to which I replied and it was a smooth process and I got selected but I couldn't join due to my personal reasons I am happy to get selected

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels, Brussels

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Brussels, Brussels) in Jan 2020

Interview

D'abord, un entretien individuel par téléphone qui récapitule le parcours professionnel. Ensuite, entretien sur site avec Directeurs Op et Directeur. Finalement, entretien RH. Par la suite, visite des locaux en compagnie du DOP. Un Deux trois quatre cinq.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland)

Interview

Had two interviews each taking about 30 mins each. Very relaxed atmosphere, more of chat about my experience and my expectations. Talked a bit myself attending university too. Expected to travel.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Solihull, England, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

A brief telephone interview based on questions about yourself and the company. Invited to an assessment centre a week after which constisted of 2 group activities, an individual presentation and a written activity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (London, England, England) in Aug 2018

Interview

Had an assessment day with about 12 other applicants which lasted nearly a full day and consisted of group tasks and presentations. Afterwards was invited to an actual interview which went well but had to wait over a month to get a response back. Was offered the job, however the offered wage and benefits package was less than expected and below what most other main contractors offer for this sort of posistion.

Interview Questions
  • The usual interview questions (e.g. "What do you offer over the other candidates?" etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Galliford Try (Birmingham, England, England)

Interview

Interview seemed ok but a bit of inconsistency in their feedback. Please note, the interviewers also give a false impression that you're responding to the questions very well without you knowing that it is all false. My advice is for you not to waste your time as they already have a personality profile they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a scenario where your communication skills let you down
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Birmingham, England, England) in Feb 2018

Interview

I applied for the role via their website back in November I think and I was invited to attend a telephone interview in December. It didn’t last long, they just asked 5 questions about why I was interested in the role and a bit about myself. I couldn’t really gage whether I had done ok but they called me the beginning of January inviting me to an assessment day in February. I thought the assessment day was good, there was about 12 or 13 of us and there was quite a few people from HR and some senior managers. They were all really friendly and they made us feel relaxed. They did say to arrive early for refreshments but there weren’t any. They took us up to a board room and a lady from the training and development team did a 15 minute talk on the company and what they offer, training and benefits etc which was good. We then got split off into groups and we had to do a group exercise to demonstrate team building which I thought was really good fun. After that we were brought back upstairs and a lot of candidates were sitting in the boardroom waiting to be interviewed. I was the last person to be interviewed so I was really nervous at that point as I must have been waiting a couple of hours. The interview itself was as you would expect. I was interviewed by the H&S manager and a lady from HR. They were really nice and I did a brief presentation which I’m not totally sure how it went but I think I covered the brief. I thought that some of the questions would have been hard to answer if you didn’t have any work experience. Most of the questions were your standard questions about how you work as a team, communication skills, a time when you have had to consider health and safety. They talked about the benefits they offers which were really good I thought and they also have a lot of mental health awareness which I really liked as it’s something I feel employers should be more involved in. I have not heard back yet as to whether I have been successful but I’m really hoping I am as the job is perfect and they seem a really good company to work for.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England) in Feb 2018

Interview

Online application- CV Telephone Interview- standard questions, lasted about 20 mins. Just wanted to hear keywords. Assessment Day (9-12.30pm) which included a presentation and a group exercise. The presentation lasted 5 mins or so, mine was timed but from speaking to other candidates at the interview some hiring managers did and some didn't which I felt wasn't standardised. Following on straight from the presentation was the interview, pretty standard questions- competency and scenario-based, again I felt like they wanted to hear keywords! Use the S.T.A.R method when answering questions. Every interview had a time allowance of 45 mins to include the presentation as well. The interview itself lasted 35 mins or so, mine was yet again timed and I know others were not...some interviews ran over by 30 mins! The group exercise was fun, just be yourself and enjoy it. The hiring HR and others involved in this section were lovely. They watch you interacting with the other members and note down what they observed.

Interview Questions
  • your opinions on Behavioural Health and Safety and give a time when you used i

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Birmingham, England, England) in Jan 2018

Interview

Online Application Telephone Interview Online Tests Assessment Centre Assessment Centre - group exercise - presentation - interview Pretty simple day, however, I found the company to be very unorganised. They stated to come early for refreshments - there was not any and they kept us waiting over 20 minutes

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews