Galliford Try Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Galliford Try Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2017

2.8

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the graduate civil engineer in GallifordTry. It took about 2 weeks to get invited to next stage phone interview. The interview itself was easy. it lasted about 15 min. the next stage is the assessment center. I did the phone interview in early January and I am waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your education.
      why did you choose to apply for this role?
      what three skills can you bring to us from your previous job?
      what the safety procedures in our industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Hinckley, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I made a direct application to Galliford Try via the website. I was then called on the phone and completed a telephone interview successfully. I was invited to an assessment centre in Solihull which I passed successfully. The assessment centre involved a team building exercise and an interview with a commercial lead. It was a good experience, friendly and welcoming.
    I was told I passed every part of the assessment process strongly and impressed.
    I was then told to attend an 'informal' interview at a location in Hinckley where I would be potentially based. A new HR rep took control from this point and communication was poor with her, my interview date was changed last minute and upon arrival I was disappointed with the lack of a welcoming reception, I was told to be relaxed due to the informal nature of the interview but to be honest I felt pressure and far less relaxed in comparison to the interview at the assessment. I wish I would have been told what to expect as I would have prepared better. But being told to relax and feeling as though I just had to turn up and tell them about myself was not helpful. The only reason I am neutral and not disappointed overall is because initially I felt looked after and wanted, 'initially'.

I was told I didn't get the job because I could do with experience and should apply again the following year, when I have experience.
    I applied for a graduate role, with a law background and wanted to change my career path so I took up a masters. No where in the graduate job description did it state experience was necessary. It's almost as though they wanted me to have experience so that they wouldn't have to bother teaching on the job.
    My question is,
    Why did I need experience if the graduate role was 2/3 years?
    Is the experience gained on the grad scheme so poor that applicants should come with experience?

Very disappointed with how it all ended, surely they could have told me I didn't have experience from looking at my CV?!

Interview Questions

• Question at informal interview stage:

What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Galliford Try.

Interview

Informal and yet friendly, asked me about my computer skills and customer care service skills. They told me about their environment, hours and what sort of questions are most popular on the switchboard.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shilton, West Midlands, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Shilton, West Midlands, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was 3 stages, a telephone interview (15 mins) followed by a face to face interview at the Galliford Try offices with a recruitment partner (90 minutes). Then a face to face interview with 2 technical senior management from Galliford Try (90 minutes), including a short 20 question technical written test at the end.

All stages were conducted in a relaxed conversational style rather than an interrogation. It took a little longer than expected to get a decision, and I had to chase for feedback, though overall It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• - Was asked to talk through roles\responsibilities on my CV.   Answer Question
    • - Asked "If you and another candidate are both equal in terms of technical ability, what other criteria should be used to decide who gets the role?"   Answer Question
    • - (from written test) "What are the 5 Active Directory FSMO roles?"   Answer Question

Engineering Survey Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton Abbot, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Newton Abbot, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Normal face to face interview, but with only a single manager. Reasonably informal chat on site.
    Role specific questions, requiring exact answers.
    No testing, or written sections, just direct questions
    Upper management declined to attend the interview.
    No Human Resources personnel attended the interview.

FM Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverness, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Inverness, Scotland) in February 2014.

Interview

appalling, held in costa coffee of all places. totally useless and untruthful so-called contract manager with no idea of what the post was to entail, the type of skill set required, the basis upon which i was initially contacted by a recruitment agency, the salary range, the team required to support the role, the management structure to support the role or anything useful whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      what experience do you have?
      how will you travel to work?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.