General Motors (GM) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

General Motors (GM) Interview Questions

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

1,758 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to apply for this position. The application process consisted of several steps, starting with a HireVue containing behavioral questions and several minigames that supposedly test your cognitive ability. This was followed by a HireVue coding assessment, then a short phone screen with a recruiter. The final stage consisted of two 1-hour behavioral interviews with a manager and an engineer on the team. The people I interacted with throughout the process were nice.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting project you've worked on?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were a series of questions that I was required to answer via hirevue. These questions were behavioral questions and they had a 2 minute timer on each question. Afterwords, there were two leetcode style questions to answer. One of them was easy, but the other was extremely difficult and I had no idea what I was doing.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to use a new technology out of the blue? How did you adapt to the situation?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

The other reviews on the process accurately reflect the interview process.
    However, I was never given an HR contact, which becomes a problem when interviews aren't showing up on time or when they go radio silent for weeks at a time...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you did the right thing, even if it was the difficult thing to do.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Interview

First was a video screening where you see a question and then film yourself answering. Callback took about a week and a half where HR does another screening over the phone. The final step is a 2-hr interview with team members.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a difficult time on a project.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online through the GM website. Hireview interview, logic and puzzles, coding test, phone interview to schedule a time for final skype interview, and a final behavioral interview. Whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to learn something quickly and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Online Interview - record answers to few generic questions. there is no human interactions so it might feel weird if you've never done it before. try not to look at a script and look into your camera

Coding - very easy coding problems

Phone call - asks general things

Software Developer Interview

Interview

After applying, I received an invitation to do a HireVue virtual interview where I recorded myself answering 5 behavioral questions and played 3 simple logic games.

The next part was a CodeVue invitation where you complete two coding questions where you get 30 minutes for each.

I then received a brief phone screen call to answer some questions about job preference and to set up a time for a Skype interview.

This is the last part of the process where you talk with two different people for an hour each. It's split up about 50/50 between behavioral questions like the HireVue interview and technical questions.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

The actual interview i gave went well. After completing and passing the interview to go to the next "step", HR person stopped responding after successfully completing two interviews. Stopped responding to emails and did not respond anymore.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was very typical. Starts off with a generic phone interview. The next step is a virtual pre-recorded question interview where you answer questions on video, then submit. The last step is a virtual interview with actual managers. The Managers were friendly but the interview focused to much on what I had done, as someone who had yet to graduate college, rather than what I could do. I can't help that I didn't get the opportunity to do a bunch of crazy engineering tasks in undergrad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you overcame a techincal challenge.   Answer Question

TRACK Program Interview

Interview

Fairly straight forward.

HireVue recorded interview, followed by a phone call with a recruiter. Last step was the zoom interview which consisted of many STAR format questions.

Fairly straight forward. Final interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did something that was right, even though it wasn’t popular   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.