George Weston Bakeries Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at George Weston Bakeries

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at George Weston Bakeries (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the Supply Chain Manager for the role. The interview began with a breakdown of my resume before proceeding to traditional behavioural question and queries about motivation and future career goals, all quite traditional.

Much emphasis was placed on the fast-paced nature of the role. This role specifically required an irregular work week with one regularly scheduled day falling on a weekend. Additionally, I was told of the need to be on-call in case of emergencies and to expect about one call every two to three months that may come in during the middle of the night.

The interview also included a business case related to the supply side of the business which presented information about production and laid out a situation that explained a forthcoming plant closure. There were four different questions related to different aspects: supply chain, demand planning, and logistics. It mainly required making assumptions and rationalising decision-making. Fiftenn minutes were provided.

The interviewer in particular was quite stoic and seemed to lack a sense of humour. Many of the follow-up questions seemed dedicated to tripping me up or catching me a lie than to learning about my qualifications or suitability for the role.

A second round of interviews was scheduled to occur but I did not proceed forward.

Interview Questions

• How many loaves of bread do you think are consumed in Canada annually?   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.