Gist Ltd. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gist Ltd. Interview Questions

Interviews at Gist Ltd.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. in January 2021.

Interview

A digital interview link was sent with 5 days to complete. The interview consisted of 6 questions, each offering 30 seconds to prepare and an answer space of around 2 minutes. You could pause between each question but not in the middle of one, and you couldn't re-record your answers.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

An initial phone interview, which was fine, not overly probing though, but fine. Next stage though was awful, interviewed by a computer!! I spent 40 odd minutes watching questions come up on a screen, and my answers where then recorded for review, the video then watched and responded to at a later date. The call (to decline me) I got was almost apologetic
    around their process, and I am not surprised, if people cannot be bothered to invest time in an interview process, and really get to know their candidates, then I would suggest you probably don't want to work there. If I wasn't out of work because of Covid, likely I would have pulled out at this point, but hey ho - maybe a lucky escape!

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gist Ltd..

Interview

I was particularly impressed with the response time following my initial application. I had an initial telephone interview with a member of the recruitment team which was great and positive.

Unfortunately Gist uses Video Interview technology for the next step and this is a no no for me. I genuinely cannot see what value a video interview adds to a recruitment process. It subconsciously suggests that as an employer, they aren't particularly interested in you as a candidate (i.e. won't take the time for a person to interview you), it's highly impersonal (you're sat there on your own talking to nobody and being filmed which many people don't like), and has the likely ability to lead to unconscious bias and discrimination.

HR Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. (Basingstoke, England) in December 2019.

Interview

A telephone interview which was fairly simple, went over my CV. Was invited to the assessment centre shortly afterwards which consisted of team building activity, a presentation, a tour of the offices, and a set of 4 speed round interviews at the end. The final interviews were quite challenging although everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to have a challenging conversation that had a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Operations Management - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. (Basingstoke, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, answered 4 questions and gave my CV. Then did a video interview, recorded six responses to various questions. Invited to an insight day which was an assessment centre without the interview. Following this the actual assessment centre at head office with similar tasks as previous with the addition of a 40 minute rolling interview at the end of the day.

Pros - fantastic team, great level of engagement. Good tasks and oppurtunities to demonstrate ability, they really want you to get the most out of the experience, put you out of your misery quickly. Very responsive and seemingly a good programme. Lex from ETT was great, Would definitely apply again if I could.

Cons - not clear what angle they want you to take, following two assessment centres, you have to be how they want you to be on the day. Different assessors so don’t follow the entire process, weighted on personality and formality seemed shunned, which naturally discriminates against the inexperienced. Do not approach this like at all like a normal interview, experience, formalities and logical approaches won’t get you as far as your personality will. Over thinkers will be punished.

Interview Questions

• When have you shown good leadership?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. in October 2019.

Interview

- I applied online, this included answering 3 or 4 questions about the company, I was then invited to do a video interview then telephone interview, after the telephone interview I was asked to go to an Assessment Centre

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. in October 2019.

Interview

Video interview process is explained well. You’re given a minute to prepare an answer and after the countdown runs out you start recording. 6 questions to answer. You only have 1 shot at each question and around 2 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a career in HR?

Why logistics?

Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. in September 2019.

Interview

The phone interview followed the online application process, and a pre-recorded video interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes. The team was flexible with scheduling times and dates. The questions were clear and straightforward, and one had time to think before offering an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in HR?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you will be doing as an HR graduate?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the challenges and some of the positives you would expect from this career?   Answer Question

Project Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gist Ltd. (Basingstoke, England).

Interview

Online application with a few general questions to answer regarding why you want to work for them etc, quickly progressed to a skype interview, questions were fair and very similar to most online skype interviews. Invited to an assessment centre in December, a busy day however enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses, What is Logistics?   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gist Ltd..

Interview

Questions about why you want the job, what you would do if there were problems and explain a challenge you had experienced in the past and explain what you had to counter it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.