Greggs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Greggs Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2017

2.4

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotland, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greggs (Scotland, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, registered and did an 20min assessment. Got a call after 2-3 days, for the interview. The women there went through my application and asked a couple of questions and situational ones. Example: Why did you want to work for Greggs ? How do you offer excellent customer service ? If a client orders a vegetarian sandwich and gets a chicken one, what do you do ? Can you give me an example when you took initiative ? Basically if you read about the company values and way of delivering service, everything will be alright. Got the answer straight away. Show that you are well informed and confident.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question, common sense and straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Excellent service.

Weekend Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rugby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs (Rugby, England) in September 2017.

Interview

45 minute interview
    Store manager asked some generic questions and some scenario questions, then went through the basic role, what training I will have to do and the uniform policy and some benefits I will get if I get the job. *YOU WILL BE MORE LIKELY TO GET THE JOB
    IF YOU DO THE HOMEWORK - MAKE THEM AWARE YOU HAVE GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF GREGGS AND THE ROLE YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR.*

Interview Questions

• What do you think you’ll be doing in the team member role?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Greggs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greggs (Birmingham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed inviting me to interview within a week. I arrived at the store and was invited into the back room by the manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was relaxed and fairly informal with the manager first asking about availability, right to work and my background before moving on to ask more general questions and taking notes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Greggs?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is great customer service?   1 Answer
    • What is your favourite Greggs product? Why?   Answer Question
    • What would a food hygiene officer be looking for?   1 Answer
    • How would you increase a sale?   1 Answer
    • What tasks would you expect the role to entail?   1 Answer
    • How would someone being late for their shift impact on the team?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Greggs in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for a interview after a couple of weeks that I booked online. The interview was good and the interviewer was friendly. However, I doubt I will be getting the job as she kept saying keep applying if you don't get this one, you'll find something. So I do not have high hopes of getting the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you upsell a product if we had too many delivered   Answer Question
    • What day to day duties do you think we do?   1 Answer
    • If the shop was empty and there were 3 employees left with nothing else to do what should we do with them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dewsbury, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greggs (Dewsbury, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email offering interview after 2 days of applying online, the interview was nice experience, manger was kind and try to make me at ease. She prompted me on some questions I couldn't give detailed answers.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied and got an email inviting me for an interview the same day. Interview was scheduled for the following week, lasted about 30 minutes. Was held in the staff room which was located at the back on the store. Really nice staff room! Lots of questions- they are all set questions, but time goes by really quickly as the questions aren't that difficult especially if you've had experience in hospitality already. Got a job offer about a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Suggestions on how to make the store more profit   1 Answer
    • what makes good customer service   Answer Question
    • what kind of experience do you have when you visit greggs   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs (Blackburn, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Online then a face to face interview. You also needed to do a 15 min obs in the store. Interview was a basic managers one., how you would deal with certain situations

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs (Cardiff, Wales) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied around 2 weeks ago and was told almost straightaway that I was invited for an interview. Woman was really pleasant and friendly and it felt very relaxed and casual, which is good if you're a nervous person. Tip is to research the company, create practice answers so that you go in there fully prepared. Lucky enough I have a lot of experience so I used the STAR technique to help me through it.

Team Member Interview

Interview

Very friendly management, asked few simple questions. No test or anything thankfully. Felt pretty at ease, despite being nervous at first. Not yet had offer still waiting since my interview was just a few days ago.

L2 Retail Apprentice Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email about a week later for an interview and had interview within 4 days of the Email. The interview was pretty straight forward. Still waiting for my outcome

Interview Questions

• When did you demonstrate customer service in your last employment ?   Answer Question
    • As an apprenticeship you will have modules to complete. How will you ensure you complete your modules as well as your work   Answer Question
    • What will you do if you fall behind on your modules?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last employment?   Answer Question
    • What makes a good team player?   Answer Question
    • What makes a team work?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.