Greggs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Greggs Interview Questions

Updated 28 Jun 2018

2.4

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotland, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greggs (Scotland, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, registered and did an 20min assessment. Got a call after 2-3 days, for the interview. The women there went through my application and asked a couple of questions and situational ones. Example: Why did you want to work for Greggs ? How do you offer excellent customer service ? If a client orders a vegetarian sandwich and gets a chicken one, what do you do ? Can you give me an example when you took initiative ? Basically if you read about the company values and way of delivering service, everything will be alright. Got the answer straight away. Show that you are well informed and confident.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question, common sense and straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Excellent service.

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs (Cardiff, Wales).

Interview

Had telephone interview initially.
    Followed by a face to face interview and testing (numeric and literacy). Was competency based questions. No real difficult ones.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fine.

Bakery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Feltham, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greggs (Feltham, South West England, England).

Interview

She asked if i had done any work in a retail environment before with food prep at the interview, I was emailed before that, if i could come down to the store and have an interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• She asked if we had accidentally ordered too many donuts and they were expiring soon, how would you sell them?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greggs in February 2012.

Interview

It took 3 weeks from initial application and then first interview of one hour answering many questions on past experiences and how to cope with them. Second interview consited of standing for 15 mins in one of the shops with the customers. Had to identify ways to improve sales, staff motivation and appearance of shop.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was with area manager. Observation for first 10mins on 5 sections. (The store was dead) Use this to answer questions about Greggs as a business and ways to improve sales. Then questions about cv, experience and give examples

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would make sure your staff were working and delivering the best customer service? What is good customer service? And how would you make sure good hygiene was managed and in place.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs in August 2015.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone as I was unable to attend in person, this lasted about 45 minutes. It consisted of typical questions about myself and previous work experience. I was asked many questions on motivation and how I would motivate my staff, there was at least 4 questions I had just on this topic.
    I had a secondary interview with an Area Manager in a Greggs store. The interview started with answering questions about myself and relevant work experience, as not all my experience is with Retail/Catering I had to explain how it was relevant and applicable to the job I was applying for. This took around 20/30 minutes.
    The second stage was a shop floor observation for 20 minutes. I was given a clipboard with a sheet to write down my observations and what I would do to improve things, e.g, sales/profit, staff and shop. Basically they want you to pick up on all the small details, they want to see if you have 'manager eyes'. For example I noticed in one of the fridges there was an amount of wrapped produce missing the 'Freshly made today in store' stickers, something I believe they should all have on them, and I was correct on pointing this out.
    After the observation section we went over my notes and questions followed upon my observations etc. The whole interview process took 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate your staff?   1 Answer
    • When not working how would you ensure staff will maintain high levels of customer service in your absence?   1 Answer
    • After cashing up you notice £100 is missing from one of the tills, what would you do in this scenario?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greggs (London, England) in September 2013.

Interview

2 step interview, second interview is with area manager. very easy interview. staff is changing a lot so they need a lot of people to employ. they are looking for a very hand on people who can get up vey early u need to start 6-7 am

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in Greggs   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Greggs.

Interview

Very generic questions, customer service focused. Team environment but expected to ware hat of many roles also. Only negative was waiting for outcome which was done online instead of by email.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Greggs (Blackburn, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Online then a face to face interview. You also needed to do a 15 min obs in the store. Interview was a basic managers one., how you would deal with certain situations

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greggs (Brighton, England) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a job search website and received a phone call the next day offering me an interview at my local branch. The staff there were very friendly and offered me tea of coffee while I waited. The person interviewing me was a manager for the region and although formal, had a smile on his face and was friendly towards me, which helped ease my nerves. The interview took about 20 minutes and consisted of the competency-based questions you get from a lot of retail interviews. Research the most common questions for this type of job, have your answers planned and the process should go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you performed under pressure.   1 Answer

I did not get offered the vacancy initially offered, but was offered one in a shop further away. Unfortunately there was no possible transport to the store during the hours they required me to start my shift (6 A.M) and after asking if there was any possibility of a later shift, had to politely decline.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.