HGF Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HGF Interview Questions

Interviews at HGF

Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HGF (Leeds, England).

Interview

The interview was relatively informal in nature, and took the form of a conversation steered by the lead partner to subject areas he wanted to cover. HR was present and interjected with occasional questions about working patterns, hierarchy, and history.

Interview Questions

• The interview was set out as a conversation, and so was not formulaic.   Answer Question

Trade Mark Formalities Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HGF (Leeds, England) in August 2018.

Interview

1 hour conversation around CV. Discussion around the role and benefits of working for the company.
    Questions about previous experience, interest in role, and qualities that would make me a good fit.
    Interview with 2 people. Quite informal and chatty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HGF (Leeds, England).

Interview

First round interview is with HR, quite straightforward. General questions like why the profession, why the company etc. The HR advisor I met in the London office was friendly.

Second round interview with two partners and HR advisor. I found it to be the most unwelcoming interview environment I have ever experienced. Closed questions were asked and the interviewers seemed more interested in where else I had applied and other irrelevant details. I could tell almost straight away that they’d made their mind up on who they wanted to hire before my interview began. Emailed re. travel expenses after travelling half way across the country and they did not have the courtesy to respond.

There are other companies who treat candidates with respect that you would be better off applying to/working for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGF (Leeds, England).

Interview

I applied online and recieved a reply within one week for an interview at the Leeds office. The interview was only for 30-40 minutes and I was told I would hear something by the end of the week and my expenses would be reimbursed for my travel. I never heard anything from them, even regarding my travel reimbursement.

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGF (Leeds, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Sent CV and covering letter
    Invited for an interview about a month later. Informal Interview with HR manager in Leeds. How do you go about describing an invention without being given a lot of information? Why degree subject? Got to second stage

Interview Questions

• Skills necessary for a patent attorney   1 Answer

Trainee Patent Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGF.

Interview

General questions by HR. This was a first interview and no formal assessments were made. I am trying to now get to the 30 word minimum by writing this, because there is really not much more to say.

Interview Questions

• Lots of general questions about previous work, why I wanted to be a patent attorney, what my expectations are etc. Nothing exceptional.   Answer Question

Trainee Patent Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGF.

Interview

The 1st stage interview was with a HR officer and it was an informal chat about my background. We went through my CV and she asked me questions about my degree choice etc. I have yet to hear back for a 2nd stage interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HGF (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Consists of two rounds. Had a first interview with HR in Leeds. I was asked general competency questions and why the profession blah blah.

Second round consisted of an interview with 2 partners. The first half is questions about your skills etc. You then have 3 exercises to complete with one of them being about an invention you have to explain. Given a patent to read beforehand

Trainee Patent Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGF.

Interview

Initial application was sending CV and cover letter, after which I was invited interview. The first interview was with the HR people and they asked you to talk through your CV and explain motivations for choosing university courses and postgraduate study. I was also asked to talk about my research work, and then what I thought the job would entail. They were also interested in my hobbies - they're looking for evidence that you've got an enquiring mind outside of work.

I wasn't moved forward to the second interview stage, but I understand it was more technical and involved psychometric tests.

Interview Questions

• Which of your achievements are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HGF (Leeds, England) in May 2014.

Interview

1st generic HR interview with HR coordinator in Leeds head office. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks. Heard nothing back from HR for around 7 weeks, so assumed I was unsuccessful*
    Eventually invited to 2nd interview (no apology or concern from HR about the 7 weeks of silence) with 2 partners + original HR coordinator. Was sent an online personality test to complete in advance.
    3rd interview with HR and the partners - lasted about 10 minutes, got the impression they really just wanted to double check. Seemed mostly like a waste of everyone's time.
    * (after joining the company I now see why - they are overstretched and understaffed)

Interview Questions

• HR interview was pretty standard easily anticipated questions: why HGF, why this profession, what do you think a patent attorney's main responsibilities are, are you aware how much training and studying is required for qualification, bla bla.

2nd Interview with HR and partners was more technical, questions about my degree and research, asked to explain technical concepts simply as though talking to a layperson, given 2 exercises - one about patentability of various objects in view of prior art, one a written exercise.

3rd interview was pretty pointless. I was just asked similar questions to the HR style questions before like why they should choose me again. Lasted only 10-15 minutes   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.