HOSTMAKER Interview Questions

Updated 26 Nov 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at HOSTMAKER

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER (Barcelona) in Sep 2019

Interview

Fast, but I was surprised that I haven't received any feedback, after making it to the last round. The person who was guiding me through the process was excellent. I had first phone interview, I had to complete an assignment in 24 hours, 1 to 1 interview, phone interview with the CEO. All happened very fast, but I was surprised that I haven't received any feedback, after making it to the last round.

Interview Questions
  • Como puedo contribuir en el proceso de captación de los clientes, cuantos puedo conseguir por semana y a cuantos puedo hacer seguimiento
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER (London, England, England) in Jun 2019

Interview

The phone screening went smoothly, I was asked about my prior experience, salary expectation and the project I was supposed to be working on. I was then told that they were going to assign me a take home project and schedule an interview to discuss it. The assignment itself was trivial and the requirements were vague so there was a lot of room of interpretations. After waiting for a couple of weeks they were back with the feedback. It was brief and superficial and pointed out coding styles, choice of libraries and folder structure that didn't match theirs. They didn't bother to schedule another call to explain myself. Unfortunately it was just a waste of time and I was left under the impression that whoever is leading that team has no idea what to look after when hiring senior devs.

Interview Questions
  • No questions asked. I was assigned to make an app with a simple form that makes a request to an endpoint. Don't accept wasting your time, ask for a technical 1:1 instead!

HOSTMAKER

Application

I interviewed at HOSTMAKER

Interview

Rigorous and intensive, at the same extremely friendly faces. You are challenged on your thought process and approach towards problem solving. They will also ask you about your background and reasons for wanting to join a startup.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly case study based questions that involved the team giving you a specific client scenario and asking you on how you would resolve the situation and help the client.

HOSTMAKER

Application

I interviewed at HOSTMAKER

Interview

Interview with manager + 1 team member Interview room wasn't booked, slapdash experience. Offices a little run down and not in a great location. Would recommend thorough research before committing time to interview here.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HOSTMAKER

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER

Interview

Re-scheduled interview several times. In the day we had agreed on (that I had to take the morning off) didn't showed up. Called and send several e-mail. They just ignored and later (after reaching out to them) said they didn't receive response from me. (not only send several emails also called several times and no answer)

HOSTMAKER

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER

Interview

The first step was a general interview with the HR responsible. It was followed by a test and other two interviews, one with the direct manager and one with the other members of the team. The interview process was clear from the beginning and every step proceeded smoothly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER (London, England, England)

Interview

It was a talent day. In the morning , you would have some activities/case study. Afternoon - one to one interview The interviewers were really nice and we had to troubleshoot some case studies.

Interview Questions
  • It was pretty easy, general questions about what type of career you consider, why you picked HM over another company etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER (London, England, England)

Interview

Emailed me, then emailed me again to setup a phone call. Google Hangout app had to be downloaded for a phone call, then the Google Hangout app was not the correct app so downloaded another(as they had told me the wrong app name), then the person called me on WhatsApp and wanted to do a video call. Very young, inexperienced, non-recruitment person interviewed me on the phone. I was being interviewed by someone with no actual experience. This told me all that I needed to see/hear about the company. There are some bad reviews of the company for dismissals and low pay. Felt very let down. Not interested.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER (London, England, England) in Sep 2018

Interview

Was initially contacted to complete a telephone interview, which I passed. Went to the London offices for an interview, after which I was told I made a very favourable impression and was given a case study to complete. Finished the case study well before the deadline and didn't hear a word back. Embarrassing conduct, will never apply to them again and will advise others not to use them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOSTMAKER (London, England, England)

Interview

Video chat with COO followed by a task which was never sent. COO clearly from a more corporate world than the startup world, he had a clear corporate mindset. He was hung up on my tenure over my impact, even though startups fail, are acquired and change by the minute, he felt tenure under 2 years is a "flight risk". Old school thinking IMO, most people I talk to see it as a great benefit! This was basically the whole interview, me trying to justify why I moved roles to someone clearly believing it was due to poor performance. Surely the goal of an interview is to cajole the applicant to demonstrate skills and their personal impact. I felt his style was rather confrontational and I ended the call knowing I absolutely did not want to work for him! He ended the call thanking me, advising I was through to the next round and telling me I'd receive a task in the coming days, it was never sent.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews