Halfords Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Jun 2018

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview - there was an hour slot that was provided as you could chose when you were called. The whole process was about 10 mins. Very easy questions about experience and what qualities you could provide to work in Halfords store. The interviewer sounded very young and was very polite on the phone. She explained that if she does go quiet it is because she was typing. I would hear from them in 5 working days via email if I was successful. She didn't tell me what would happen if I was so I am guessing I didn't get through. So I did say I didn't get an offer as it didn't give me a choice to say that the decision was pending.

Interview Questions

• Why Halfords?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the promotions and services?   Answer Question
    • Would you be interested in a national qualification running alongside the job depending on hours?   Answer Question
    • Are you eligible to work? Convictions? When are you available?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Wakefield, England) in May 2018.

Interview

3 stages; application, phone interview, and in-store interview.
    Phone interview was straight forward, just asking the same questions as the online bit. was told i would hear back within a week, got asked to got for an in-store interview 2 weeks later.
    In-store is broken into 2 bits; informal 1:1 interview, but questions about work experience and getting to know candidates. and then a "road test" where interviewer poses as customer looking for something random. heard back within an hour of that with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose halfords?   3 Answers
    • any experience fitting stuff into cars?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (Liverpool, England).

Interview

I turned up three times for an interview with the manager. He didn't show any of those times. On the third time the assistant manager said he would interview me. I was asked "Do I like cars/bicycles". I said "yes". He said, "You seem like you know your stuff", and I had the job. Although, after telling me I had the job I was asked to stand on the shop floor and interact with customers, I didn't, he came to me 20 minutes later and said "Well done mate".

Interview Questions

• "Do you like cars and bicycles"   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

A brief telephone interview to establish an idea of my work history and achievements.

Invited to face to face interview. On arrival was asked to present my SWOT analysis of the store, which had not been communicated prior to the interview.

Repeatedly through interview, interviewer incorrectly quoted my CV getting my time with previous employers wrong.

Interviewer talked about a culture in the company of actively annoying customers and the company being voted worst for customer service

Failed to ask for right to work documentation, had to be given this, simply took my photocopies and refused to check original documents when offered

Poor experience, will be withdrawing application as a result

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have improved the working of your store?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords in April 2018.

Interview

First part is a phone interview which I never received the call for, eventually I rang them up and had no explanation for why I didn't get a call. The interview only
    lasted about 10 minutes. The second part was to go for a face to face interview and I was told that I would be doing role play and speaking to customers on the shop floor, which is called a road test. The face to face interview went well but I was then asked to build a bike instead of the road test.

Bike Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Coventry, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Extremely annoyed as I spent hours preparing myself only to be told the position had been filled . Seems very unprofessional that they gave me no notice until the time I was expecting my interview. Also why was someone picked for the position before they had even finished completing interviews that had already been booked?

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Terrible. Had a phone interview a month ago and was told I was a strong candidate and they would contact me the following week. I have not heard anything since.

Interview Questions

• How long are you intending to stay with Halfords   2 Answers

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England) in February 2018.

Interview

1. Application form
    2. Telephone Interview (general questions probing motivation to work for Halfords)
    3. Assessment Centre including presentation (brief given prior to AC), 6 ten minute speed interviews (mostly on questions relating to Halfords values and behaviours), individual presentation (using booklet of information) and a group discussion.

There is also a tour of the building with the current graduates.

Auto Fitter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halfords in January 2018.

Interview

Had applied online and was sent and online application asking questions about what experience you’ve had doing the tasks involved for this job , what qualifications you have, they then sent me and email to say they would like to have a telephone interview so I arrange that for a Thursday , she asked a couple questions similar to the online ones , lasted about 10/15 minuets . At the end of the calls she said it would take about five days to here off them if I’m successful . I had a email the same day to say I had passed and they would like to have a road test . That was booked the following Friday , upon arrival I was taken to a one on one interview and I was expecting a test after As that was said on the telephone interview meaning the interview ended sooner than I expected . On the interview they ask things about yourself , how you works , curtains scenarios in the work place and how you’d deals with them . I was told they had other people to interview so they be in contact in the week , I had a phone call the same day offering me the job

Interview Questions

• What are some targets you have to reach in your current job ?   1 Answer

Bike Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halfords (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in December 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview, very odd, seems to have been conducted from someones house as I could hear a child crying in the background, got through to the next "road test" and booked this online, only to receive an email saying the position was filled by the store manager and the road test was cancelled. The same position was nearly immediately readvertised.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.