Halfords Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Halfords Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2018

2.6

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone call first stage. Good contact from HR person in arranging a time that was suitable for both; very professional and friendly. Process fell down when the interviewer did not call and used HR person as go between - failed to reschedule or determine why interview was missed in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not call and used HR person as go between - failed to reschedule or determine why interview was missed in the first place.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords in January 2011.

Interview

be yourself, The managers have all been there so tend to understand nerves. They will ask very KPI focused questions to see if you fit the bill.
    There is also Three stages. Telephone, 1:1 interview and then what they call a road test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very good

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Did online application after 3 weeks it was followed with telephone interview 3 weeks later it was face to face with one of the regional manager. The structure was of the interview was pathetic i felt like the manger already made up his mind the moment he saw me there was mo structure for the interview which was very different to what i was told to expect he kept answeing his phone all the time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Halfords (Leicester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Was an initial phone interview asking me to describe what my day to day activities were at my current job. Following that was an interview with the regional and branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (Uxbridge, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a telephone interview within 4 days. I was the invited to an interview. This was with two store managers, they were friendly and made me feel comfortable. Firstly we discussed my experience and why I wanted to apply for Halfords. Then we moved onto the SWOT they asked me to prepare. Finally I had to do a role play situation in which I had to give the team a daily brief (they gave me info/figs/kpi's on a piece of paper to work with) the two managers were the staff. It was quite enjoyable if not alittle nerve racking. Overall the experience was a good one! The managers were both professional and knew their stuff!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel was your biggest achievement in your last role?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Nottingham, England) in June 2015.

Interview

1: 1hr telephone interview
    2: face to face interview with regional manager and another manager
    3: another face to face interview with the area director
    4: 3hrs work trail where i was asked to put stick away

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England) in February 2018.

Interview

1. Application form
    2. Telephone Interview (general questions probing motivation to work for Halfords)
    3. Assessment Centre including presentation (brief given prior to AC), 6 ten minute speed interviews (mostly on questions relating to Halfords values and behaviours), individual presentation (using booklet of information) and a group discussion.

There is also a tour of the building with the current graduates.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (Saint Albans, England) in August 2012.

Interview

simple retail questions, one to one interview. Very easy, just prepare for it, shouldnt be a problem. the secret is to ring them up a week later and ask if theyve seen your cv

Interview Questions

• what would you provide to halfords   1 Answer

Fitter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Relaxed interview with the store manager and assistant manager . Basic questions around attitude motivations and experience. Went onto shop floor and served some customers. Offered later that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked within a team and it didn't go well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Fitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (London, England) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview one on one where questions are asked. Interviewer puts scores on paper and then hands to store manager if he was not the manager. Test drive with interviewee sometimes happens, the applicant goes with a colleague to either fit, or bike hut or cashier to see how they are with customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a CAN-BUS is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, job offer given at the interview, but the application process has changed since then.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.