Halfords Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Halfords

2.6

Customer Service Advisor - Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthing, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halfords (Worthing, South East England, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Online application - telephone interview - practical assessment. Easy enough but telephone interviewer didn’t seem interested, I think it was an external provider. Didn’t get through but next stage is skills check - my friend did it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Sat down at table and interview took 10 minutes discussing how I felt that I was the right choice for the job. Talked about past experience and how I felt they helped me for the role

Interview Questions

• Was this the only job you applied for?   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. You will firstly be asked to take part in a 20 minute or so telephone interview followed by a face-to-face interview which include various competency questions that relate to their core values. So I would recommend reading into these 'behaviours' they expect before you attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you describe to me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the situation
      2. Can you describe to me what the phrase 'team' means to you.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Not many Questions to ask as i came in on work experience and just was given the job from there and was able to progress in the job. but its normally a regular interview

Customer Service Advisor (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in May 2019.

Interview

So I completed an online application and then got contacted asking to go for an interview. I picked a time and a date and waited for them to call me. I then answered the call and she said “on here it says that you’re looking for temp work. If this is the case can you please go into the store and give them your CV if they have any positions. Bye!” and hung up!! (bare in mind that it was a temp job I was going for)

The next day I went in and asked someone at the desk about it and she told me to apply online! I told her what happened and she still refused and was very adamant that it was phone call only. Wouldn’t work there even if I was offered to be honest.

Cycle Republic Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Standard interview. Lots of cycle related questions which is to be expected. Interviewers didn't seem fond of the role I was applying for, describing the job as 'mundane' and 'repetitive.' Was asked a lot of personal life questions.

Auto Fitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Halfords (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Was a fairly simple chat and conversation with the manager and was easy to understand everything and was fairly easy to understand how the business was and how different employees were and how to get along with them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfords in April 2019.

Interview

Was interviewed by a call centre employee rather than a store representative. This made it difficult to ask questions about KPIs or the general store culture. The interviewer did not know about the store that I was interviewing for, and it would have made a better impression if a representative from the store was delivering the interview process.

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Have to fill out an online application form with questions on why you want to work in this industry in this role, alongside job specific questions. After this you are invited to a phone interview. In this you are asked questions about your background, about industry trends and your skills. Next is the assessment centre where you complete a group exercise, individual presentation and speed interviews. Overall, the day is very relaxed and all the staff were really helpful and informative.

Interview Questions

• If there was an article about you, what 6 words would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

You’re great with customers, and can use these skills in retail sales, helping our customers enjoy their journeys, whether they’re camping, cycling or driving.

Join us and enjoy working with an amazing team, helping our customers, and having fun while you do it. We offer first class training to take your career forward and pay rises that reflect your increasing skills as you progress.

Helping customers make great decisions in our shop, you’ll become an expert in the wide range of products, accessories and services that we offer, with access to all the support you need to take your career forward, including the opportunity to progress into a role in our management team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.