Halfords Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 Nov 2017

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (Uxbridge, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a telephone interview within 4 days. I was the invited to an interview. This was with two store managers, they were friendly and made me feel comfortable. Firstly we discussed my experience and why I wanted to apply for Halfords. Then we moved onto the SWOT they asked me to prepare. Finally I had to do a role play situation in which I had to give the team a daily brief (they gave me info/figs/kpi's on a piece of paper to work with) the two managers were the staff. It was quite enjoyable if not alittle nerve racking. Overall the experience was a good one! The managers were both professional and knew their stuff!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel was your biggest achievement in your last role?   Answer Question

Bike Hut Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords in October 2017.

Interview

Applies online had a telephone interview was told I would here back within 5 days. did not hear anything so I emailed them and they said I was to have a road test. Had road test which was ok. Having worked for Halfords on a temp contract I knew the bikes and products they were selling. She ask me to do serve a customer then when we walked out onto the shop floor there was no customers she then said ok then just tidy the shelves up then. Nothing like any interview I have had before. As for the recruitment staff they have not got a clue what they are doing. applied for several jobs get through to telephone interview then they say I don't have experience in bikes when I have worked for them before in the bike hut. Jobs are still being advertised on there website but no one seems to get the jobs leading peoples hopes up. Complete joke of a company. Full of false promises.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about bikes and the bikes we sell here at Halfords?   Answer Question

Mechanic Auto Fitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (Derby, England).

Interview

Applied online, got an email 2 days later for a phone interview, phone interview was fairly informal they just ask you about customer service roles and why you would like to work at halfords. Then got an email for a road test at halfords which was fairly informal Interview which was in the staff lunch break room.They asked why you would want to work for halfords and about fitting parts to cars.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company   1 Answer

Bike Mechanic Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

I applied online for this job and completed an application. It only took a day or so for a responce, I got an opportunity for a telephone interview that was around 10 minutes long that was quite simple and straight forward just asking why do you want to work for halfords? and why did you apply fot the role? And other questions similar to this. After the telephone interview I recieved an email for a Road test(Instor Interview) which consisted of a face to face interview with the store manager , and also a chance to experience the job that you could possibly be doing which was great. The instore interview lasted 1hour 30mins.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canterbury, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (Canterbury, England).

Interview

Online application then face to face interview. Time on sales floor with assessment.

Totally disorganised, interviewer acted as though he was not expecting me, made me wait an age, then interviewed me in the staff room with people coming in and out. He seemed confused by his own questions. After a very short interview he just sent me to the sales floor with no instruction (there were no customers) and disapeared not bothering to assess me at all.

Obviously I didn't make the cut which is of course fair enough but I never heard off them, no rejection, no feedback, nothing. I found this very rude after I went to the trouble to prepare and interview with them.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Wolverhampton, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Quite long-winded. Received a phone interview, and a week later received a date for a face-to-face interview. They cancelled 2 hours before I was meant to attend and re-scheduled. During the interview, I was trained a little bit and shown where everything is to then not be offered the position. Their answer was I had no experience, but the job description said that they wanted someone with no experience.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would be beneficial to Halfords?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone call first stage. Good contact from HR person in arranging a time that was suitable for both; very professional and friendly. Process fell down when the interviewer did not call and used HR person as go between - failed to reschedule or determine why interview was missed in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not call and used HR person as go between - failed to reschedule or determine why interview was missed in the first place.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Halfords (Leicester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Was an initial phone interview asking me to describe what my day to day activities were at my current job. Following that was an interview with the regional and branch manager.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halfords in June 2017.

Interview

the interview process was outright terrible, the interviewer didn't let me talk, and when i could they quickly moved to the next question, and this was just for a telephone interview which lasted a handful of minutes, when in comparison to other telephone interviews i've had which lasted 30-45 minutes, and they made their decision on that call, which is completely unfair.

and what was asked could have been answered if they bothered to read my application, and some other questions answered themselves because if you answered no to them you wouldn't have applied to the application.

the only good that came from it is that i was offered an interview less than 24 hours from submitting my application.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England).

Interview

1 hour of interview with 2 quality managers. Questions where about my technical profile, my abilities in problem solving and about my possible future in the company. Some question about them products' quality.
    The technical questions were about my ability to find the root cause analysis and the ability in investigation. Also about the skills to solve an issue far from press shop.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.