Halfords Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Oct 2017

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (Uxbridge, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a telephone interview within 4 days. I was the invited to an interview. This was with two store managers, they were friendly and made me feel comfortable. Firstly we discussed my experience and why I wanted to apply for Halfords. Then we moved onto the SWOT they asked me to prepare. Finally I had to do a role play situation in which I had to give the team a daily brief (they gave me info/figs/kpi's on a piece of paper to work with) the two managers were the staff. It was quite enjoyable if not alittle nerve racking. Overall the experience was a good one! The managers were both professional and knew their stuff!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel was your biggest achievement in your last role?   Answer Question

Mechanic Auto Fitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (Derby, England).

Interview

Applied online, got an email 2 days later for a phone interview, phone interview was fairly informal they just ask you about customer service roles and why you would like to work at halfords. Then got an email for a road test at halfords which was fairly informal Interview which was in the staff lunch break room.They asked why you would want to work for halfords and about fitting parts to cars.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company   1 Answer

Bike Mechanic Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

I applied online for this job and completed an application. It only took a day or so for a responce, I got an opportunity for a telephone interview that was around 10 minutes long that was quite simple and straight forward just asking why do you want to work for halfords? and why did you apply fot the role? And other questions similar to this. After the telephone interview I recieved an email for a Road test(Instor Interview) which consisted of a face to face interview with the store manager , and also a chance to experience the job that you could possibly be doing which was great. The instore interview lasted 1hour 30mins.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canterbury, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords (Canterbury, England).

Interview

Online application then face to face interview. Time on sales floor with assessment.

Totally disorganised, interviewer acted as though he was not expecting me, made me wait an age, then interviewed me in the staff room with people coming in and out. He seemed confused by his own questions. After a very short interview he just sent me to the sales floor with no instruction (there were no customers) and disapeared not bothering to assess me at all.

Obviously I didn't make the cut which is of course fair enough but I never heard off them, no rejection, no feedback, nothing. I found this very rude after I went to the trouble to prepare and interview with them.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Halfords (Leicester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Was an initial phone interview asking me to describe what my day to day activities were at my current job. Following that was an interview with the regional and branch manager.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halfords in June 2017.

Interview

the interview process was outright terrible, the interviewer didn't let me talk, and when i could they quickly moved to the next question, and this was just for a telephone interview which lasted a handful of minutes, when in comparison to other telephone interviews i've had which lasted 30-45 minutes, and they made their decision on that call, which is completely unfair.

and what was asked could have been answered if they bothered to read my application, and some other questions answered themselves because if you answered no to them you wouldn't have applied to the application.

the only good that came from it is that i was offered an interview less than 24 hours from submitting my application.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England).

Interview

1 hour of interview with 2 quality managers. Questions where about my technical profile, my abilities in problem solving and about my possible future in the company. Some question about them products' quality.
    The technical questions were about my ability to find the root cause analysis and the ability in investigation. Also about the skills to solve an issue far from press shop.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - The woman on the phone held no conversation so was really awkward. Just asked the questions and silence even when I tried to engage in conversation so VERY difficult and not happy! Nothing like a phone interview I've had before she seemed very bored and disengaged. Feel I had an unfair advantage because it was late in the day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked under pressure?

Why do you feel you're a leader?

Who's your idol?

Why retail?

How did you prepare for this?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halfords (Taunton, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with Manager - pleasant guy. (Taunton Store) showed me round, talked me through the job. Very quick, no more than 30 mins in total. Came prepared for 'road test' in store with customers as informed online, but was not required to do this. Enjoyable interview, no stress involved. Seems like a good team too.

Interview Questions

• When have you had a difficult situation at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halfords in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, this was followed up by a telephone interview and then an in-store interview. Prior to the in store interview, it was very organized. However, upon arrival for my interview I was informed that the position no longer existed and I should have been called and if I could come back later that day for another position's interview. Staff were very friendly throughout the process. Although unsuccessful, I feel there was a lack of quality feedback as it was claimed I was unconfident with a customer, yet did not come into contact with customers throughout the process. Asides from this confusion, it was a positive experience

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have worked successfully as a team   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have unsuccessfully worked as a team and why?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.