Hendrickson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hendrickson Interview Questions

Interviews at Hendrickson

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hendrickson (Woodridge, IL (US)).

Interview

I interviewed initially via phone and then was invited to meet with a few people for a panel interview. The process was pretty straightforward and professional. This is a solid company that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good career. They were concerned about my commute time, which I can understand. I honestly would not have enjoyed it, but it is Chicagoland. Maybe they will become more flexible with employees telecommuting some days, as other companies are.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

Mostly HR questions and resume walk through. Interviewed at a college career fair. Two engineers conducted the interview. Did not do too much preparation and the interview went very well for me, little to no difficult technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you butted heads with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Interview

Approached by recruiter. Phone screen with Human Resource followed by 2 on-sites with a total of six people. Nice facility. People are very proud of it. Tour of the facility

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hendrickson (Canton, OH (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

1 Phone Screen, then was brought on-site for a face-face interview. Completed a 1-1 with HR, and then three 1-1 with various hiring managers who had open positions, a tour, and ended with an "engineering assessment" that involved: summing the moments in a suspension system, labeling the wikipedia stress/strain curve, describing a wheatstone bridge, adding/subtracting springs, and what is Young's Modulus of steel.

Interview Questions

• If you were a part of a bicycle, what piece would you be and why?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hendrickson (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Unprofessionally handled, started 10 minutes late, one of the 3 interviewers was using smokeless tobacco and spitting in a bottle. Basic corporate interview questions, could have taken half of the time if they were more organized and gave less of a speech about every facet of their operation.

Interview Questions

• Just the norm, situational question, background questions, interest questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson (Canton, OH (US)).

Interview

Recruited by an outside recruiter. Process took about 2 weeks to set up interviews with Hendrickson HR and directors. Interviewed with several directors and VP. No one at any time discussed particulars of the position I was being interviewed for instead they all discussed how large the company was, their market share and the culture.

Interview Questions

• No one really had any real questions regarding position. They spent a lot of time selling Hendrickson "culture".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to make small negotiation in my favor.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson.

Interview

The first thing was a computer test on excel to see if you had basic skills. It was a standard test. Highlight specific rows and columns. Insert numbers then get a sum. Very simple if you have used excel. Then it was your basic interview questions. Past work experience, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. The key to doing well is studying the job description and brushing up on all of the terms used in it because that is what they are going to inquire about.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with MRP and are do you know what a BOM is?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson (Woodridge, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I can say it was not the best interview experience I had (the HR is not at all flexible on your start date). The manager was rude and didn't let me to finish my answer. He tried to downgrade my engineering background and work experience by asking meaningless questions. At the very end they went through some behavioral (STAR interview format) questions.

Interview Questions

• Few engineering question about GD&T symbols and what do they mean and design engineering questions (e.g. Steel types, structural designs for truck frames, etc) .   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hendrickson.

Interview

I didn't apply for any job with them, they saw my profile and initiated communication. In person interview went very unprofessional hr showed up 10mins late , technical was flat.
    Interviewers were not prepared at all. They were going through the resume for the first time. They were more interested in what my company was doing, I doubt if there was ever even position open.
    Low energy levels of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, tell me about yourself, why are you looking for a job.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hendrickson (Woodridge, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Recruited by an outside recruiter. The first step (setting up a phone interview) took about 3-4 weeks. The second step for setting up an on-site took almost 6-8 weeks. The on-site interview was done by the manager and director of the unit and the director of H in separate sessions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the HR director questions were behavioral-based. However, the unit director and manager asked more technical questions and some questions about my previous job.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.