High Speed Two Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Oct 2017

2.9

Senior Cost Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Competency and skills based questions. Fairly standard questions around how you would handle difficult situations and employees, plus technical based questions; what was challenging, how did you overcome this, what went well, what went badly etc. Line manager of the role and HR rep very welcoming and eased into thr interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you've had to pursuade someone to follow your idea when they disagreed with it.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two in April 2017.

Interview

First I submitted my CV and completed some questions related to my experience and opinion about rails. Second I completed the online tests (numerical, verbal, logical...). After that, I received and email confirming that I passed to the next stage (phone interview), they gave me the date one month in advance, but they also said that it was possible to change the date if you was not able, just I had to reply the email ASAP. Since I received the date for my interview I knew that I will not able to do the interview that day so, immediately I wrote them to change the date. I did not receive any answer, so after 5 days I sent another email, and again I did not receive any answer. I repeat this process more than five times and nobody answered to my email. The date for the phone interview arrived and I receive that day an email telling me that they were so sorry, but nobody was able to reply my emails, and also they told me that I was rejected because I did not complete the interview. I wrote them back again explaining that they gave me the possibility to change the date but then they never replied to me, and they said that they can do nothing. As a result of this, I am very angry with this company, I think that they do not care enough about their applicants and they are not a good choice to work for.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at High Speed Two in April 2017.

Interview

There were three different parts during the interview
    1) Written report
    Sumarise documents information and make decissions based on those documents.
    2) Group exercise
    How would you built up a bridge using paper sheets (time limited).
    3) Individual interview
    Why do you want to work for HS2? and
    What can you bring to the company? and
    Tell us a time when you.... and
    How would you defend HS2

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to deal with a complicated situation on site?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring process involved three stages: online application, telephone interview and assessment day.
    Online application involved fairly standard questions about my skills and experience, and why I wanted to work for HS2.
    Telephone interviewer was extremely friendly and made me feel relaxed immediately, questions involved cross-checking my CV and answers to online application, and further questions about why I applied to the particular role.
    Assessment day was made of an individual written exercise, group exercise and an interview.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England).

Interview

I was contacted directly by one of HS2's Resourcing Business Partners. The job description, responsibilities, key benefits, location and general overview of the programme were explained to me during an informal chat on the phone. I was asked for my CV which I sent in then I was asked to interview.

The interview was by a panel of three people. All were from different parts of the business with one being the reporting manager. The questions were quite straightforward, I didn't think there were any really unexpected questions. Remember, they want to get to know you and what you can bring to HS2, they're not trying to catch you out. The key things to doing well at the interview are: 1) Be friendly and smile 2) offer good handshakes to everyone 3) maintain eye contact with the person you are speaking to 4) do your research on HS2 5) know in detail what you can offer HS2 in terms of experience on reporting systems and also transferable skills from previous/ current roles. 6) Be honest.

A company like HS2 is unique. HS2 has been set up to facilitate the biggest infrastructure project the UK has ever seen. If you get the chance to work for HS2, grab hold of it with both hands!!

I received an offer the next day (though I was told it could be 3-5 days).I was happy to accept the offer and 4 weeks later I started at HS2.

Interview Questions

• Q) You need to develop a dashboard. Describe the process.
      Q) What obstacles have you faced with creating reports and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Case Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by a very long wait while applications were reviewed. 2-hour panel interview then waited a few days for a verbal invite back to discuss role further. Verbal offer received and currently awaiting written offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of 4 "blind" case studies followed by presentation of findings back to a panel of interviewers from different disciplines who quizzed me further on the rationale behind my findings from the case studies. Excellent and well thought out interview designed to test evaluation and prioritisation skills as well as how much I'd researched the role beforehand.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two in September 2016.

Interview

Well organised, clear instructions and friendly. Excellent communication beforehand. Venue was good. Offer was made to move location due to external noise, showed that the interviewers were considerate of the interviewees needs.

Panel happy to answer questions and discuss the business. Interview friendly but detailed. Very conducive to giving the best interview 'performance'.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 main challenges this organisation faces with regards the legislation?   Answer Question

Corporate Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at High Speed Two in September 2016.

Interview

Disorganised, I never met with the person I was told I would, and I later found out the feedback I got from the recruitment team was not the feedback the hiring manager told them to give. Onboarding is awful as well, HR seem to make a lot of typos.

Interview itself was fairly standard - two stages, including a practical written test.

Interview Questions

• What is your most valuable attribute that you will bring to the company?   Answer Question

High Speed Two Response

30 Mar 2017 – Recruitment Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your interview experience. Feedback on our interviews is really important to us and is crucial to improving the overall recruitment experience... More

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Very good, questions were very focused on trying to tease out whether i would be able to fulfill the role and enabled me to draw on experience from previous roles and apply them them to the job description that had been provided

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in June 2016.

Interview

No communication for three months told position no longer available then called for interview. Told it would last 1.5 hours initially then on arrival rushed through in 45 mins. No structure and interviewers did not seem to understand responses; lots of repetition. Told feedback would be given within two weeks did not receive any at all and an email saying I was unsuccessful over a month later. Very negative experience. Communication very poor throughout

Interview Questions

• How have you contributed commercially to health and safety? Can you explain a negative experience?   Answer Question

High Speed Two Response

16 Aug 2016 – Recruitment Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent interview experience at HS2. I am sorry that you felt that the interview was shorter than you anticipated. We always try to allow sufficient time... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.