High Speed Two Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Mar 2017

2.9

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England).

Interview

I was contacted directly by one of HS2's Resourcing Business Partners. The job description, responsibilities, key benefits, location and general overview of the programme were explained to me during an informal chat on the phone. I was asked for my CV which I sent in then I was asked to interview.

The interview was by a panel of three people. All were from different parts of the business with one being the reporting manager. The questions were quite straightforward, I didn't think there were any really unexpected questions. Remember, they want to get to know you and what you can bring to HS2, they're not trying to catch you out. The key things to doing well at the interview are: 1) Be friendly and smile 2) offer good handshakes to everyone 3) maintain eye contact with the person you are speaking to 4) do your research on HS2 5) know in detail what you can offer HS2 in terms of experience on reporting systems and also transferable skills from previous/ current roles. 6) Be honest.

A company like HS2 is unique. HS2 has been set up to facilitate the biggest infrastructure project the UK has ever seen. If you get the chance to work for HS2, grab hold of it with both hands!!

I received an offer the next day (though I was told it could be 3-5 days).I was happy to accept the offer and 4 weeks later I started at HS2.

Interview Questions

• Q) You need to develop a dashboard. Describe the process.
      Q) What obstacles have you faced with creating reports and how did you overcome them?
      Answer Question

Case Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by a very long wait while applications were reviewed. 2-hour panel interview then waited a few days for a verbal invite back to discuss role further. Verbal offer received and currently awaiting written offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of 4 "blind" case studies followed by presentation of findings back to a panel of interviewers from different disciplines who quizzed me further on the rationale behind my findings from the case studies. Excellent and well thought out interview designed to test evaluation and prioritisation skills as well as how much I'd researched the role beforehand.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two in September 2016.

Interview

Well organised, clear instructions and friendly. Excellent communication beforehand. Venue was good. Offer was made to move location due to external noise, showed that the interviewers were considerate of the interviewees needs.

Panel happy to answer questions and discuss the business. Interview friendly but detailed. Very conducive to giving the best interview 'performance'.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 main challenges this organisation faces with regards the legislation?   Answer Question

Corporate Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at High Speed Two in September 2016.

Interview

Disorganised, I never met with the person I was told I would, and I later found out the feedback I got from the recruitment team was not the feedback the hiring manager told them to give. Onboarding is awful as well, HR seem to make a lot of typos.

Interview itself was fairly standard - two stages, including a practical written test.

Interview Questions

• What is your most valuable attribute that you will bring to the company?   Answer Question

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Very good, questions were very focused on trying to tease out whether i would be able to fulfill the role and enabled me to draw on experience from previous roles and apply them them to the job description that had been provided

Interview Questions

• What do you know about HS2   1 Answer

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in June 2016.

Interview

No communication for three months told position no longer available then called for interview. Told it would last 1.5 hours initially then on arrival rushed through in 45 mins. No structure and interviewers did not seem to understand responses; lots of repetition. Told feedback would be given within two weeks did not receive any at all and an email saying I was unsuccessful over a month later. Very negative experience. Communication very poor throughout

Interview Questions

• How have you contributed commercially to health and safety? Can you explain a negative experience?   Answer Question

High Speed Two Response

16 Aug 2016 – Recruitment Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent interview experience at HS2. I am sorry that you felt that the interview was shorter than you anticipated. We always try to allow sufficient time ... More

Contract Manager Interview

Interview

Fast and thorough. The interviews were all briefed and followed a clear structure. Friendly and informative.
    HR facilitated the interview and kept it smooth and enjoyable, I learnt alot about HS2

Interview Questions

• How would you design a process that is compliant to governement procurement and contracts legislation   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Two calls from recruitment company followed by really brief and basic competency type interview. Not at all probing and pretty weak compared to others. Questions were all tell me about a time when type things, maybe a half dozen or so of them. Interviewers seemed disinterested in me and subsequently found out hr are mostly contractors who seem to be going through the motions. Needed the cash so took the job but now

Interview Questions

• What I knew about HS2. Tell me about a time when type things.   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at High Speed Two (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Time is needed when attending an interview with HS2 as you need to check in with the building reception, to get your pass, and then watch a health and safety video at HS2's reception.

There was two stages to the selection process. My first interview questioned my experience, and was a very good experience. I definitely wanted the role after this interview!

My next interview was a competency based interview with my future managers. This was my first interview in this style so I was not too articulate! Thankfully the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a problem   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.