High Speed Two Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

High Speed Two Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jun 2018

2.9

Contract Manager Interview

Interview

Fast and thorough. The interviews were all briefed and followed a clear structure. Friendly and informative.
    HR facilitated the interview and kept it smooth and enjoyable, I learnt alot about HS2

Interview Questions

• How would you design a process that is compliant to governement procurement and contracts legislation   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two in April 2017.

Interview

First I submitted my CV and completed some questions related to my experience and opinion about rails. Second I completed the online tests (numerical, verbal, logical...). After that, I received and email confirming that I passed to the next stage (phone interview), they gave me the date one month in advance, but they also said that it was possible to change the date if you was not able, just I had to reply the email ASAP. Since I received the date for my interview I knew that I will not able to do the interview that day so, immediately I wrote them to change the date. I did not receive any answer, so after 5 days I sent another email, and again I did not receive any answer. I repeat this process more than five times and nobody answered to my email. The date for the phone interview arrived and I receive that day an email telling me that they were so sorry, but nobody was able to reply my emails, and also they told me that I was rejected because I did not complete the interview. I wrote them back again explaining that they gave me the possibility to change the date but then they never replied to me, and they said that they can do nothing. As a result of this, I am very angry with this company, I think that they do not care enough about their applicants and they are not a good choice to work for.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring process involved three stages: online application, telephone interview and assessment day.
    Online application involved fairly standard questions about my skills and experience, and why I wanted to work for HS2.
    Telephone interviewer was extremely friendly and made me feel relaxed immediately, questions involved cross-checking my CV and answers to online application, and further questions about why I applied to the particular role.
    Assessment day was made of an individual written exercise, group exercise and an interview.

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Very good, questions were very focused on trying to tease out whether i would be able to fulfill the role and enabled me to draw on experience from previous roles and apply them them to the job description that had been provided

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Two calls from recruitment company followed by really brief and basic competency type interview. Not at all probing and pretty weak compared to others. Questions were all tell me about a time when type things, maybe a half dozen or so of them. Interviewers seemed disinterested in me and subsequently found out hr are mostly contractors who seem to be going through the motions. Needed the cash so took the job but now

Interview Questions

• What I knew about HS2. Tell me about a time when type things.   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at High Speed Two (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Time is needed when attending an interview with HS2 as you need to check in with the building reception, to get your pass, and then watch a health and safety video at HS2's reception.

There was two stages to the selection process. My first interview questioned my experience, and was a very good experience. I definitely wanted the role after this interview!

My next interview was a competency based interview with my future managers. This was my first interview in this style so I was not too articulate! Thankfully the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a problem   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at High Speed Two (Birmingham, England).

Interview

I was contacted directly by one of HS2's Resourcing Business Partners. The job description, responsibilities, key benefits, location and general overview of the programme were explained to me during an informal chat on the phone. I was asked for my CV which I sent in then I was asked to interview.

The interview was by a panel of three people. All were from different parts of the business with one being the reporting manager. The questions were quite straightforward, I didn't think there were any really unexpected questions. Remember, they want to get to know you and what you can bring to HS2, they're not trying to catch you out. The key things to doing well at the interview are: 1) Be friendly and smile 2) offer good handshakes to everyone 3) maintain eye contact with the person you are speaking to 4) do your research on HS2 5) know in detail what you can offer HS2 in terms of experience on reporting systems and also transferable skills from previous/ current roles. 6) Be honest.

A company like HS2 is unique. HS2 has been set up to facilitate the biggest infrastructure project the UK has ever seen. If you get the chance to work for HS2, grab hold of it with both hands!!

I received an offer the next day (though I was told it could be 3-5 days).I was happy to accept the offer and 4 weeks later I started at HS2.

Interview Questions

• Q) You need to develop a dashboard. Describe the process.
      Q) What obstacles have you faced with creating reports and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Some situational questions and a couple of interviews. Good bit of drilling down into skill set and experience. Once on the inside you see just how under pressure the HR function are to recruit. At my level the salary package was fine but there is a complete disconnect as to what skilled staff can truly be recruited for in London.

Cost Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at High Speed Two (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Short (60 minute) face to face Interview with a manager and an HR business partner. The details of the role were not completely explained as I think they wanted to ensure that they didn't scare anyone off. The turnover at HS2 is extremely high as there are redundancies to move roles to Birmingham so the interim positions are being recruited which are now nearly all inside IR35

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy most about the roles you have performed   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at High Speed Two in September 2016.

Interview

Well organised, clear instructions and friendly. Excellent communication beforehand. Venue was good. Offer was made to move location due to external noise, showed that the interviewers were considerate of the interviewees needs.

Panel happy to answer questions and discuss the business. Interview friendly but detailed. Very conducive to giving the best interview 'performance'.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 main challenges this organisation faces with regards the legislation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.