Hudl Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hudl Interview Questions

Interviews at Hudl

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hudl in September 2016.

Interview

Didn't get far at all, but the company is definitely growing, I strongly recommend applying here if you have what they're looking for. It seems they are very specific when it comes to what they want.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hudl?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hudl (Lincoln, NE (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

My overall process was:

- Call with the recruiter
    - Project (something that should be completed in a couple of evenings if you are competent)
    - Technical Interview
    - Panel Interview with 4 employees representing a squad you might work on (PM, QA, Dev, Design)
    - Final interview with CTO

The panel interview and final interview happened on the same day one after the other.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest technical challenge you have faced and what was your approach?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hudl.

Interview

Started with a phone call which asked about prior experience and previous projects. Questions like "Any difficulties in your project? How were they handled?" This was followed up with a technical interview done over online video chat. The next stage would be an interview among the higher ups of the company.

Interview Questions

• If given a list (or array) of numbers 1 - 100 with a number missing. How would you find that number?   5 Answers

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hudl (Rochester, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

They used a 3 step interview process, first was a behavioral phone interview, second was a video technical interview, third was a interview with the hiring manager. During the phone interview, they asked questions about projects, and goals for the future. During the technical, they asked questions related to what a design pattern is and what my opinions on quality code are.

Interview Questions

• We have a bag containing numbers 1, 2, 3, …, 100. Each number appears exactly once, so there are 100 numbers. Now one number is randomly picked out of the bag. Find the missing number.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudl (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied to Hudl online for a software intern position and was contacted about a week later by a recruiter. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer didn't really ask anything about software. Instead, the questions were mostly behavioural. The interview probably lasted less than 30 minutes and I heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a negative experience working with a team member?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hudl.

Interview

Met them at a campus career fair. They contacted me about 5 days later for a 30-45 min behavioral phone screen. Phone screen asked about past experience and other typical behavioral questions. They contacted me a couple hours after asking to setup a technical interview with two of their developers. Tech interview was an hour long over video. Was asked to setup final behavioral interview after that. Final behavioral was more about why you would be good fit for Hudl(culture, applicable technical skills, goals). I really thought the interview process was extremely well done. Response time from HR recruiters was extremely quick and they were very clear though out the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about my past internship on my resume. Also asked some language specific questions(javascript) because on my resume I had it listed. Towards the end they asked me to live code a problem on some online text editor.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hudl (Lincoln, NE (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was rather long- After submitting my resume/application, there was a phone interview just spent getting to know each other, a more in depth video chat interview with a manager, and then the final step is a panel style interview where I was asked to present.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for someone? What are the most important qualities of a salesperson?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hudl.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks.

I was excited to jump onboard with Hudl. They have a incredible culture, an easy sell, passionate people, great development plan and are a well-known name in the market. But their hiring process is shady to say the least.

I reached out to the recruiter in the beginning of the school year and was told to follow up towards the end of the 2nd semester. I completed a basic phone screen with a recruiter and then followed up with a 1:1 zoom call with a sales manager..

Interview went really well, and at the very end they said that they will be moving me on to the 3rd round in Nebraska where they would fly me out to panel interview with the sales team and complete a 30-60-90 plan and to link up with the recruiter for next steps. The next week I got an email from the recruiter that said they will no longer be moving forward with the interview process as they have found some strong candidates. Confused and uncertain, I disregarded the message and reached back out to the SM and reinforced my excitement for the interview and asked if we could schedule a time to get me out there sooner than later, thinking it was an internal disorganization formality. No answer from this individual. As a green applicant I wanted my feedback to improve down the road and I should. I was told and quote “Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose any information related to hiring decisions. I appreciate your understanding.”

Overall unprofessional and shady process.

Interview Questions

• Why Hudl?   Answer Question
    • Biggest takeaways from past internships?
      Nebraska isn't the most ideal spot for a indivudal to start a career, i've been burned in the past, alleviate my concern about moving to nebraska   Answer Question
    • Why sports tech, why sales, why us?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hudl (Lincoln, NE (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview somewhat simple going over resume and experiences. Next interviews got more challenging asked a lot of behavioral questions and I met with higher-ups and multiple people at once.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hudl in January 2018.

Interview

Once my resume and cover letter went through the process, I had to schedule a phone interview. The phone call lasted no longer than 30 minutes. The HR representative asked questions related to my previous experience

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.