IPSEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IPSEN Interview Questions

Updated 6 Sep 2017

3.1

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IPSEN.

Interview

Interview process was stringent, met with several team members from all levels of the business. They really want to sell you on their company but after your interview there is no interaction even to tell you your candidacy is no longer being considered. I had to reach out several times to the HR manager as well as hiring manager just to get a simple response. Sounded like a great company initially but it seems to be somewhat of a show.

Director Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IPSEN (Telephone, TX (US)).

Interview

The US based recruiter was very professional and knowledgable. The interview with the head of internal audit based out of the U.K. was also professional and I felt she would be a pleasure to work for...it wasn't until I was scheduled to interview with the counterparts in the European region that all hell broke lose...just a lose cannon, unprofessional, with poor command of the English language....the interview with her was comprised of being asked detailed questions on how to get information from SAP (what screens one goes to to get preinfo data to conduct an audit in COGS!!!! It felt like this was an entry level position. I have 20+ years of experience and have done this at much larger pharma companies but have never been asked entry level, specific questions. My advice to anyone interested for this role, don't do it!!!

Interview Questions

• If you were to audit COGS what risks would you be looking for, what preinfo would you request, HOW would you get this data from SAP....providing menu paths, t codes etc...   1 Answer

IPSEN Response

28 Aug 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hi,
    Thank you for taking the time write about your experience with IPSEN. I’m sorry that you didn’t have the exceptional experience that I would have liked to have when you interviewed with us... More

Regional Business Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IPSEN (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Very well organized, used a reputable travel agency, they had a vendor scheduling interview times, a staging room at the hotel, and interviewed with 5 people; HR, 3 RBDs, and the Head of US Sales.

As of Sept 12, 2016 (52 days following the interview on July 21, 2016), I have not received any communication from Ipsen regarding 2 important things, despite multiple requests:
    1. A status update of my candidacy for the role; (clearly, their silence speaks volumes...it tells me I did not get the job)
    2. A status update on my request for reimbursement for travel expenses incurred traveling to and from the interview

This issue is ongoing as of today, Sept 12, 2016.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. Have you fired anybody?   Answer Question

Position In Medical Affairs Publications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at IPSEN (Basking Ridge, NJ (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a brief interview with Ipsen's own recruiter, them a week or two later with a phone interview and, finally, an on site interview with the hiring manager, the HR director, and 3 more people in other Medical Affairs functions. As this was a small size company, -- it is the US Medical Affairs arm of the global French company -- interviewers included a wide variety of Medical Affairs people (Operations, Medical Science Liaison, Medical Affairs Neuroscience)

Interview Questions

• How did you start out in medical writing and publication management?   Answer Question

Medical Director Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IPSEN (Basking Ridge, NJ (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was scheduled with only one day notice. Reimbursement for expenses has been slow and has not yet happened. The interview went over one long day without breaks.

Interview Questions

• The position was made available by someone who left under unclear circumstances. I did not receive adequate information to explain why the position became available.   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IPSEN (Milford, MA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty neutral. The people were nice, however it seemed that they weren't prepared for the interview. It mostly consisted of them asking me if I had any questions, and since I interviewed with several people separately, it got kind of stale that that was all they seemed to have for me.

Global Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPSEN (San Mateo, CA (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

I had many friends from former companies working at Ipsen at the time I worked there. I contacted one of them, a VP, and she arranged for me to meet with the team. Everyone liked each other, it was very relaxed and easy. I was hired as a consultant to work on a several related projects. I stayed for 4 years and really enjoyed working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initially, I had two hourly rates for two different projects. One rate was $120/hour and the other was $140/hour. In my last couple years there, I charged $140/hour for all projects.

Global Safety Manager & PSMF Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IPSEN (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

There was only a single step process with one face-to-face interview. the arrangement was very quick so I did not have availability for the first proposed time slot, and this was then changed to the next week.
    On the day, the meeting started 20 mins late and finished 30 minutes overtime.
    The hiring manager was herself very much in the background and did not participate at all.
    The HR are reasonably balanced in her questioning.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite varied, and at times weird. The VP had framed many of the questions around specific answers that she had already in her mind, so I either over-thought the responses or simple responded differently from her expectations. Examples-
      "What would be approach towards an Inspection versus an Audit?"
      "How would you determine the frequency of updates of PSMFs?"
      "How would you address the issue of partners unable to meet your requirements?"   1 Answer

Medical Information Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IPSEN (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by face to face about 2 weeks later with HR manager and Medical Affairs Manager. Interview went well and was confident in all the questions. Was told at the end of interview would get feedback by end of the week regardless of outcome. This never happened. Chased the agency who told me I would be getting an offer they were waiting for the contract to be drawn up. Two months on I have given up.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you have had to change a process.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond your duty and if so give an example.   1 Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaconsfield, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IPSEN (Beaconsfield, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Shambles. No other word to describe it.
    4 interviews in total.
    First was great with the recruiter. Downhill from there. One interview the person I was meeting didn't turn up and it turned into a phone interview instead which I could have done from home. Role also kept changing as well as whether it was temp / temp to perm or perm role.

Interview Questions

• First face to face was competency based. 3 more interviews preceded this all less formal.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.