IPSEN Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 263 reviews

3.8
IPSEN CEO David Meek
David Meek
Pros
  • "il a de bonnes conditions de travail avec un bel environnement(in 10 reviews)

• "Good people that care about employees(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Inexperienced Senior management despite the company’s long history(in 8 reviews)

• "Trop de travail avec des consultants, pas assez d'internalisation (manque d'agilit(in 8 reviews)

1. "Solid"

Current Employee - Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid past with exciting future

Cons

Lack of execution and follow up

IPSEN2019-07-18
  2. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is on the up. Some great products and a genuine desire to help patients. Lots of opportunities for personal development. One Ipsen culture.

Cons

Lack of business processes. We deliver, but how we do it isn't pretty. Company sometimes still opportunitiess.

Advice to Management

Drive the One Ipsen culture from the top down to continue to break down the silos.

IPSEN2019-10-05
  3. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, the products and the direction of travel

Cons

No career path for KAMs, car policy not brilliant.

IPSEN2019-09-26

"Sad to see"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are wonderful people across functions and departments. The company could have huge potential.

Cons

The culture is dreadful. The commercial leaders lack credibility and do not actively listen. There is no empowerment within the commercial outfit and the business model has become over complicated which hinders the agility a biotech company should have. There is an over communication of good news and buried heads on the bad news. People have a used by date. The company has an outlook that if you haven't "made it"... to a certain role by a certain age you aren't a great contributors to the business. There are very few women inspiring a pathway for other women. It seems the talent is moving to global functions and then leaving. It is never clear if people are leaving or being pushed.

Advice to Management

Stop talking and start listening. Inquisitive isn't the same as interogatvie Don't intimidate people with threats. Demonstrate leadership rather than talking about it. Tell stories when appropriate not in every conversation. Realise you don't know everything and be open to others peoples ideas. Let talent flourish rather than force it where you want it. Build a pathway for women, millennials and people... more mature in their careers. Listen for what people aren't saying.

IPSEN2019-09-09
  5. "Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Abingdon, England

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunities, facilities, care of staff wellbeing,

Cons

Changes can bring uncertainties. Not everyone lives the 'Ipsen behaviours'

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the teams

IPSEN2019-08-05
  6. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Scientist in Shaftesbury, England

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team, leadership and experience

Cons

Nothing to say at this point

IPSEN2019-05-30

"Exciting company, some work in progress"

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced, dynamic, autonomous working, manageable size, exciting. Lots to do. Opportunities to get involved in many different projects, including outside of own function.

Cons

Cliques within the organisation. General lack of an “execution mindset” can lead to a feeling of chaos when the pace of delivery accelerates. Blame culture remains an issue.

Advice to Management

Hold yourselves to account, & be honest with yourselves when your behaviours fall short of our values. Play your part in promoting a culture of feedback by seeking feedback on your own leadership from your team. Show courage. Stop asking who did it, ask how can we do it better.

IPSEN2019-05-31
  8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great support and opportunities. Good people

Cons

Can't really think of any

IPSEN2019-05-20

"Things have changed, and not for the better"

Current Employee - Packing Operator in Wrexham, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at IPSEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good rate of overtime and bonuses

Cons

I have worked within the packing facility for over 12 months and the last 2 have been terrible. Moral is at an all time low, the breaks have been cut ( for this department only!) from 3 breaks to just 1, which wouldn’t be a problem if it weren’t for the fact that whilst working you get a terrible neck and back ache from the action of the task and the terrible chairs. And especially because we work shift, so on the... afternoon shift you now do not have time to eat anything half decent. It certainly feels as though we are being punished for being the busiest department. We always split breaks in order to keep the machine running but that’s a laugh in itself as the machine is awful and breaks down daily. We are expected to rally around, often to the detriment of our personal lives, in order to fulfill orders. Yes, we get paid to do so, but money isn’t everything. Especially when the atmosphere they’ve created is one of disappointment. Also, the management and shift manager are unapproachable, to the point where they will shout in your face.

Advice to Management

Morale is incredibly important. It’s now at an all time low

IPSEN2019-04-16
  10. "Research Scientist"

I have been working at IPSEN full-time

Pros

Great environment to work, overall people are really nice, good choice in the canteen and 8.30am-4.30pm work hours can be flexible with limitations

Cons

Employees can be self centered. People say 'we trust each-other' but it feels like do we really ?

IPSEN2019-03-20