Immediate Media Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Immediate Media Company

2.9

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

A total waste of my time.

I did a two-hour technical test for the role, and never heard anything back. I chased a number of times the agency called Premier Digital who managed the process with Intermediate Media, but heard nothing.

The test was completed and accepted, I spent time on a number of calls with the agency mentioned, researched into Intermediate Media, did the long technical test, chased about it, and heard absolutely nothing. What a complete waste of my time.

Stay away from this company, I'm sure they'll waste your time too.

Interview Questions

• Mixture of technical questions that were selected based on your response to previous questions, so the questions are selected dynamically, very good set-up, shame about the company.   Answer Question

Immediate Media Company Response

6 Dec 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re really sorry you had this experience and have looked into our processes as a result. We’ve worked with Premier Media for a number of years on our technology roles and we’ve always had a good experience with them. We’ve been hiring a number of people recently and so apologies our process fell down here with you. We really don’t want people to have a similar experience so are keen to understand what happened in some more detail. If you’d like to share this, please get in touch with Leanne Winocour from the recruitment team.

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I was invited by email to meet a panel of two people for a traditional interview. The interview lasted for about an hour, after which I was given a 45-minute subediting test on a Mac/Indesign.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the role?   Answer Question
    • What three words would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are our competitor titles?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your key strength, and how have you used it to achieve success?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the challenges of this role, and how might you address them?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for when you subedit a page?   Answer Question
    • Scenarios based on managing deadlines, managing competing stakeholder priorities (editorial versus advertisers), planning/organising and difficult people (management).   Answer Question
    • What are you most proud of, and how did you achieve success?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (Bristol, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Sat in a meeting room with the interviewer and a drink, she had a list of questions in front of her, but was very friendly and we frequently went off topic and ended up just chatting. For the second interview it was the first interviewer with an HR representative, asking the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to prioritise your workload.   1 Answer

H R Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (Hammersmith, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I would say it was a waste of time because they didn't know I was supposed to interview with them so they came very late and ended up doing a very quick one! Also I was told that I was too bubbly but surely it's a media company?

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (Bristol, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Met with 2 members of the company, it was a friendly, relaxed environment and I felt comfortable. Tough questions but all relevant to the role, I was asked to give lots of examples from previous experience. Lasted over an hour,

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Invited me in via email to an interview for the wrong role, nobody seemed to know what was happening and left me feeling embarrassed as I made an effort to prepare for the wrong questions, explained to HR assistant who then ignored my email.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind if this role is all coding   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Interview

Good experience overall, it was nice to meet the hiring manager and team. They got back to me quickly after applying online and feedback was clear after each stage.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Very good experience, there was online test based on programming language and database. then there was a face to face interview around technical and non technical background etc. There was very good communication and very excellent positive behavioure. interviewers were very supportive and dealt in an excellent way. hiring process took 2 months to complete however.

Interview Questions

• Questions aorund techincal and non technical   1 Answer

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

There was two interviews, one with two online editors, which was just a general chit-chat about what TV I like - very important as the role was as a writer in on demand TV - and my previous experience in the industry. It was quite relaxed and informal, and didn't involve any real testing. The second was just a size-up from the editor, who then gave the go ahead for them to hire me. I'm pretty sure that no one else had gotten to this stage.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Immediate Media Company (Hammersmith, England) in March 2017.

Interview

a group interview, pretty standard assessment day type interview. The interview was tough but fair and everybody got to be heard. It is a nice building and friendly people.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.