Industrial Light & Magic Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Industrial Light & Magic

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic

Interview

- basic interview questions such as what do I know about the industry. - relaxed and informal with a recruiter - got a follow up interview (second interview) as a result

Interview Questions
  • What would I foresee as my biggest challenge in this industry?
    Answer Question

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic

Interview

A series of calls starting with HR and then the Supes and then HR again. The beginning was very smooth, call with the Supes was pretty engaging and fun, but when it came to the matter of money, things got a little tighter. But that is to be expected from a structured organization.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose previz over animation?

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic

Interview

Asked to go through reel and explain personal contributions in detail. Not very technical, they care about your attitude and if you are collaborative. Know what dept tv or feature youd want to go into beforehand

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (London, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

15 Minute Phone call on google meet within the same day notice. The person was really friendly. He asked about some basic questions about the candidate and introduced his company briefly.

Interview Questions
  • Self description of both parties

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic in Mar 2021

Interview

When approaching this part, it is helpful to remember the ultimate goal: to provide feedback that is actually useful and will help a candidate improve for the future. Blanket statements like ‘not enough experience’ or ‘weak design skills’ are not actionable and can feel condescending.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

a breeze and a delightful process. easiest to walk through and your previous works come into play which is needed to showcase your talent. Not so much on questions more to showing the talent.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (Chennai) in Jan 2021

Interview

I applied online through the official INDUSTRIAL LIGHT AND MAGIC- ILM website for the position of 3d generalist. The interview process with INDUSTRIAL LIGHT AND MAGIC- ILM was very slow, they did not revert back on what the status of my application was in.

Interview Questions
  • Are you interested to work with us?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (London, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview was done over video call - during the pandemic so that was the expectation - with the team talent manager and the department supervisor. They asked a few questions about scheduling and what my experience was. The rest were just informal get-to-know-you type question to gauge if I was someone who would gel in with their team.. All in all it was a comfortable environment created by the interview team and it went well overall. I think it would have been handy to have experience level attached to the job listing. I was not offered the job because they decided to go with someone junior.

Interview Questions
  • If you are falling behind on a bid, what do you do?

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic

Interview

Met with HR Manager and Senior Executive to discuss my experience and the role in general. This took place in two parts, first with the HR Manager and then with a Senior Executive of the department.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel your background applies to the position applied for?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Met for one in-person interview with a team of direct and indirect potential supervisors for a free form conversation. It was in a conference room and a number of people came in and out to ask about previous work experience, get a sense of my interests, and how I would operate in their work environment.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews