JN Bentley Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 22 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at JN Bentley

JN Bentley

Application

I interviewed at JN Bentley

Interview

I applied by emailing my CV got a call back asking to come in the following Monday Assessment day with interview, very relaxed. I was a long day in the end

Interview Questions
  • General interview questions like tell me about yourself
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JN Bentley (Leeds, England)

Interview

Interview was with both Yorkshire Water and JN Bentley. The questions that I were asked were from a set list they had in front of them. As the interview went I was continuously interrupted and wasn't given the opportunity to elaborate on points. They would then go back to a previously answered question, there was an overall lack of structure to the interview. I was also informed in the interview that they were interviewing candidates for various roles in the organisation and not specifically for the role that I had applied for. After being told that I had been unsuccessful I requested feedback, after a few weeks I was told that my experience in a specific software was low in comparison to other candidates. My main issue with this was that this software was not once discussed in the interview. I have also not mentioned this software on my CV but I am an advanced user in the software.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skipton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JN Bentley (Skipton, England) in Jun 2019

Interview

Fairly relaxed interview with two managers whose departments they were recruiting for. They were equally keen on finding about me as a person as well my product knowledge, plus what I could bring to the company with descriptions of any experiences.

Interview Questions
  • What do I know about Bentley?
  • Who am I?
  • What is my biggest achievement in last three years?
  • Why am I interested in the position?
  • What are my strengths and weaknesses?
  • Am I competent with computers?

JN Bentley

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JN Bentley in Jun 2019

Interview

Was headhunted after completing a uni project they sponsored. A very casual interview was offered the job in the interview. Was not asked any technical questions. Took about a month to actually receive the contract after being given the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

JN Bentley

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JN Bentley

Interview

This was one of the worst interviews I've ever had. It was extremely unprofessional. They didn't once explain the job role to me or sell it to me which I thought was extremely weird as the whole point in an interview is to find out more about the role. I left knowing nothing further about the role. I wasn't asked anything related to my CV and what I can bring to the role and therefore it was hard for me to bring in my experiences without any leading/opening questions that allowed me to do it. I was asked to talk about my dissertation which is something I hadn't thought about in over 10 years which i thought was a bit of an unfair question to focus on my university experience as opposed to my 5 years of work experience. I was asked in quite a rude manner why I had highlighted various sections of my CV which again I thought was unprofessional, I was purely prepping for the interview and that should have been obvious. Throughout the interview I didn't feel like they respected me or even cared about wanting me to get the role. I was even asked whether I had paid a company to write my CV which I was very insulted by, I am an extremely competent individual with lots of experience with highly reputable companies therefore to have this asked was just really rude. Instead of being asked about my experience, I was asked why I had used to word 'strong' 6 times in my CV and what it meant which I thought didn't relate to the job role whatsoever- I wasn't applying for a writing role or journalism role therefore the language used in my CV should not have been criticised during this interview. I am very open to receiving feedback therefore if the interviewer thought that I could improve my CV in any way I would have been welcome to suggestions but to bring this up in an interview to me is just unprofessional and I felt like they were demeaning me and my skills set. When I asked about the team and who I would be working with, neither of the interviewers (who were both managers) even knew how many members were in their team which to me just shows there is obviously no team culture and considering they were managers, this is something that they should have known. When I had questions to ask at the end, one of the interviewers looked at his watch and mentioned that he had other stuff to get on with which made me feel very disrespected and that they didn't care about what I wanted to ask. I had loads of questions to ask considering they didn't explain the job or role to me however after the interviewer pointed out the time and the overall negative tone throughout the interview, I decided it wasn't worth asking any more questions or take up anymore of the interviewers time. Not to mention the interviewer had two phones on the table, one which started to ring during the interview which he looked at which again, is extremely unprofessional. I had a very pleasant experience with the HR guy who really sold the company and role to me but sadly this wasn't backed up by the interview. An interview is a two way process and I felt they were just being forced to interview me and didn't even care about what I had to say. This has left a very negative opinion on the company, I haven't heard back about the interview yet but I doubt I would accept if i got given an offer. Also, I don't really usually write reviews or leave feedback on things but I felt strongly about this. I have worked for much better companies than JN Bentleys and have a really good skill set therefore a bit more respect from them would have been preferred. Overall I got the vibe that the company itself doesn't have a very positive culture and I didn't feel like either of them were happy there and that reflected badly during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are your weaknesses and why should they care about protecting the environment

JN Bentley

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at JN Bentley

Interview

You are presented with a set of tasks which requires you to work effectively as a team leader/contributor. I was called in for a one to one interview during the course of the day. I would advice anyone to do as much preparation as you can and also research the companies: values, ethics, goals/achievements etc..

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in five years ? What do you know about the company ? Why civil engineering ?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Skipton, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JN Bentley (Skipton, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

The interview was fairly casual and included two people from the buying department. Both people were friendly and made me feel at ease throughout the interview. We went into one of the meeting rooms and sat across from each other with one asking me the questions and the other taking notes. The interview lasted around 25 minutes and I was walked out by one of the interviewers and left with a pleasant goodbye.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

JN Bentley

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JN Bentley in Mar 2019

Interview

Group tasks, presentations and interview. Practical tasks such as constructing model as a team, problem solving as a team. Presenting as a team. Presentation about company, very relaxed and friendly

Interview Questions
  • Day to day to role what do you expect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JN Bentley (Cardiff, Wales) in Mar 2019

Interview

Group tasks (had to figure out a couple riddles as a team), informal interview (2 senior employees interviewed for around 30/40 min), presentation (as pairs on different aspects of JN Bentley in the construction industry)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Skipton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at JN Bentley (Skipton, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. The interviewer made you feel very welcomed. The whole process was smooth and really fun. You will thoroughly enjoy the day. I was very amused and happy leaving that day and I knew even if I didn't receive an offer that I would still treasure the day because it made me more confident for future interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Interviews