Jones Day Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jones Day Interview Questions

Interviews at Jones Day

2.9

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jones Day (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very no nonsense, they seemed to want to get a candidate ASAP. Phone screen followed by in person. I did not get an offer but they let me know very quickly that they decided to go with another candidate which I appreciated.

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

From start to finish, the process took 1.5 months. I was interviewed a total of four times by different team members: once on the phone, twice in person, and then a lunch interview before the final decision. Overall it was pleasant, but I had to reach out to them (instead of them telling me) to find out I did not get the job after a period of radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with content management platforms?   Answer Question
    • Are you capable of compartmentalizing if the firm does not represent your personal opinion on certain matters?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with teams?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jones Day (Cleveland, OH (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was called for an interview about a month after applying online. The interview day was very professional as one might guess, and very warm in its tone. A panel of five people involved with the Research Assistants interviewed me fairly briefly, and then I was given time to converse with current RAs to find out what the position is like.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in the legal profession   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day.

Interview

I met with the office administrator, the HR manager, the firmwide Director of the department, and the Partner in Charge of the office. I met with each person individually and all of them made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my past experience and why I thought I was a good fit for the role.   Answer Question

Office Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Friendly interview that was casual. I was asked a series of questions and the concluding portion of the interview consisted of the interviewee's asking me whether or not I had any questions of my own.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jones Day in April 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application through the school and received I received an email to setup an interview. Interview was a partner. I received an offer about 3 months later after I followed up.

Interview Questions

• Why Jones Day? Do you have any connections to the [insert city]   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jones Day (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Polite, professional, and prestigious. They paid for my flight to the city and for a hotel at the Ritz Carlton. Interviews were pretty standard for the callback. Six different interviews over a course of three hours.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions for BigLaw. Interested in ability to act independently and take on responsibility.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day in January 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• meet with hr and several attorneys and answer a bunch of questions. had one phone interview and one in person interview.
      what makes you good for this job? any plans to go to law school? nothing much too it. but this isnt that great of a job.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jones Day (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with the manager of project assistants/paralegals, current project assistant, staff attorney, and HR manager. Everyone was really nice but my interview took two days and a total of about 4.5 hours and no one ever contacted me again. Although they requested my availability for the following week to meet with attorneys, I never heard back. I understand if I did not get the job but I believe it is rather unprofessional to keep someone in the interview process for 3 weeks and never contact them again, regardless if you are going to offer them employment or not. Luckily I was hired by another firm the following week.

Interview Questions

• How detail oriented are you? How do you work under pressure to meet deadlines? Give an example.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jones Day (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Typical callback style interview. Met with about 5 attorneys for about 20 minutes each followed by lunch. Each interview was pretty conversational, however there were one or two behavioral interview questions. Turnaround time from callback to offer was a few days. Make sure you know why you want to be a lawyer and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly "why Jones Day?" and "why work in this city?"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.