Jones Day Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jones Day Interview Questions

Interviews at Jones Day

2.9

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

This was a very professional experience and I enjoyed speaking with their attorneys and learning more about their firm. They did a great job making me feel comfortable. Overall a great experience.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Good conversation, friendly interviewers. It was entirely virtual because Covid-19. There were limited spots in the program, but they were very transparent. I spoke with four different attorneys, and it lasted a few hours

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jones Day.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took about 4 weeks. First I had a telephone interview with HR, then an in person interview with marketing and lastly an in person interview with managing partners. Each interview felt more like a conversation and I was very relaxed and comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and nice. I received an offer less than 24 hours after my last interview. I would have loved to work there but due to personal reasons I had to decline.

HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jones Day (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screen a few days after. Phone screen was okay; felt like the recruiter wasn't interested. Never heard back again after the phone screen.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jones Day (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very no nonsense, they seemed to want to get a candidate ASAP. Phone screen followed by in person. I did not get an offer but they let me know very quickly that they decided to go with another candidate which I appreciated.

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

From start to finish, the process took 1.5 months. I was interviewed a total of four times by different team members: once on the phone, twice in person, and then a lunch interview before the final decision. Overall it was pleasant, but I had to reach out to them (instead of them telling me) to find out I did not get the job after a period of radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with content management platforms?   Answer Question
    • Are you capable of compartmentalizing if the firm does not represent your personal opinion on certain matters?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with teams?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jones Day (Cleveland, OH (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was called for an interview about a month after applying online. The interview day was very professional as one might guess, and very warm in its tone. A panel of five people involved with the Research Assistants interviewed me fairly briefly, and then I was given time to converse with current RAs to find out what the position is like.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in the legal profession   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day.

Interview

I met with the office administrator, the HR manager, the firmwide Director of the department, and the Partner in Charge of the office. I met with each person individually and all of them made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my past experience and why I thought I was a good fit for the role.   Answer Question

Office Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Friendly interview that was casual. I was asked a series of questions and the concluding portion of the interview consisted of the interviewee's asking me whether or not I had any questions of my own.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jones Day in April 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application through the school and received I received an email to setup an interview. Interview was a partner. I received an offer about 3 months later after I followed up.

Interview Questions

• Why Jones Day? Do you have any connections to the [insert city]   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.