Korn Ferry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Korn Ferry Interview Questions

Interviews at Korn Ferry

2.9

Contract Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

HR administrator/recruiter called to schedule an in person interview. Wanted to know my salary expectations right away, without sharing general comp plan/benefits. Very nice modern office space in st. Louis Park, Mn. Kind of a bad location. Met in conference room with 2 people (not HR). First half hour was one of their verbal test (explain most challenging situation, How did you handle it, etc). They take lots of notes. Last question was the famous "tell us about yourself". Keep is to the point, business focus. Kind of a cold/sterile interview really.

Interview Questions

• All the questions they asked were the standard Interview questions. be prepared with examples and succinct answers.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Lengthy process -- Began with a phone interview from a recruiter, then had to meet with many different people in two different office. All VP's interviewed and then one consultant. great learning expeirence

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your fav job and was it because of free food,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter. Did phone screens with a partner, a principal, and an associate. Conversations were pretty standard/straightforward- asking about my background and then some behavioral questions. I was a bit turned off by my conversation with the associate; at one point he said I "seemed like a smart girl with a good head on her shoulders" which was patronizing and unprofessional. Korn Ferry is a good place for you if you want to work hard and you're attracted to the brand name, but work-life balance seemed non-existent and people were almost proud of how much they worked. It is not the place for you if you want a work environment if you have a more "human" touch to recruiting. Wasn't a fit for me at the end of the day.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Korn Ferry in December 2016.

Interview

When a company (especially in recruitment) goes public it becomes ALL about the numbers.
    Quality therefore extremely lacks (ie Robert Half). This firm is no different.
    Was contacted cheaply through linked in.
    Set up a phone screen time. Recruiter MISSED the appointment and never notified me. After following up I was able to reschedule weeks later.
    Was then asked to fill out a questionnaire like a new hire out of university which asked me what my and experience was (which they should know since they scouted me from a direct competitor).
    This questionnaire was riddled with spelling and typographical errors.
    Set up a phone call with local office (face to face is always better, especially if you're local).
    Went well but she thought I was too expensive.
    Never heard a peep from them for weeks. Had to follow up myself.
    Basically they just pass you around.
    Recruiters are pretty unprofessional (surprisingly since they are a recruitment firm).
    In their quest to become the biggest they have become one of the crappiest. Avoid.

Interview Questions

Interview

A former employee forwarded my resume. After a few months they reached out to start the interview process. I had 4 interviews and 2 assessments (personality and critical thinking). Interviews were mainly behavioral and only a few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my strengths and weaknesses and previous work experience   Answer Question

Leadership Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (New York, NY (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

Initial screening interview, several online assessments, behavioral interview and several face to face interviews to meet senior partners on the leadership and search side (a mix of structure, assessment and conversation)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, what did you learn. Describe a situation when you needed to learn something new.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. Each email riddled with incorrectly spelled words. Each interview was a half an hour late, even over the phone. Included a time-consuming personality test.

Made it to the third stage of interviews--was told that interview would be conducted by a consultant. Was given basically four entire days to choose an interview time from. Interview was confirmed.

Three hours later, was told the consultant was swamped with interviews and didn't know when they'd have time, but they'd get back to me.

They never got back to me.

Apparently, this company doesn't realize they're dealing with people's careers during the interview process. Most unprofessionally I've ever been treated in an alleged "recruitment" process.

Dodged a bullet. If they treat people this way during hiring, one can only imagine how they treat people on the job.

Interview Questions

• The usual. What's your biggest success. Tell me about a problem you solved. Do you know how to use this or that social media platform. The person I spoke to who would have supervised me seemed to have her act together. However, both she and the recruitment specialist made sure to let me know how busy they were.

I didn't have the heart to remind them that only one of us wasn't getting paid for this process. That being me.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

Terrible, took too long, the person interviewing was not knowledgeable, the person interviewing did not give good reasons to why they were working for the company, the person interviewing could not explain why the company has high turnover

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for the New Graduate Program in Dallas. The first official interview was with the Recruiting Manager. I was asked which division (Korn Ferry, Future Step, or Hay Group) interested me the most. I selected Hay Group and a WebEx interview with two representatives were set up for the following week. I was also asked to take an hour long personality assessment. For my third interview, I had a phone call with a Senior Client Partner the following week. The Recruiting Manager called back the next week to request I do one more interview. I spoke to someone in Chicago and got an offer the next day. Expect to answer about 2 to 3 behavioral questions at every stage. All other questions involved a rundown of your resume and your career aspirations. Everyone was profesional and courteous throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult situation you had (professional example), how did you approach it, what did you do, what was the outcome, did you learn anything, and is this skill transferable to your current job (if so, how?)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

I received an email about having two phone interviews. They asked me basic questions asking me to describe myself and working in group settings. Theu did ask me about my experience with working with excel but not math skills.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.