LLamasoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

LLamasoft Interview Questions

Interviews at LLamasoft

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LLamasoft.

Interview

Screening interview with HR person over the phone; technical interview to assess data and analytical skills, then "in-person " interviews including a presentation to two team members who asked questions about both your presentation and the topic

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked on a successful project and what made it successful?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews culminating in a full day on-site session. The full process took longer than expected but it was worth the wait as they are very thorough and deliberate which results in selecting the right candidate

Interview Questions

• Rank your favorite programming languages and the reason why   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online, met the recruiter at a career fair, had a brief phone interview with the recruiter, and then one final interview at their main office with the team I would have been working with.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a simple interview with no technical leet-code style questions. There were two rounds, the first one was just recruiter screening and the second was a resume-based technical/behavioral interview using an engineer and someone from HR.

Supply Chain Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LLamasoft in August 2019.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me the next day I had applied through glassdoor. She was very professional in terms of updates for each round.

Technical interview round lasted for 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Supply chain network design and data analytics questions using SQL.   Answer Question

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LLamasoft (Telephone, TX (US)).

Interview

I have applied on two separate occasions with Llamasoft. Both occasions the person interviewing has seemed really keen and then radio silence!!!

Despite chasing no feedback which is very disappointing and unprofessional!!!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LLamasoft (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

You go through an initial HR screen, and then they give you a project to work on via Github. Project itself is pretty straightforward and they give you 5 days to complete the work.

Afterwards, if they like the work you did, they'll schedule a Skype call to basically do a code review and step through your code and ask simple questions like "What is the type Task used for", and "Why did you go about doing X & Y a certain way", etc. etc. Fairly simple stuff.

Then, pending that goes over smoothly, you'll be asked to come in for an on-site interview at their Ann Arbor office. The interview consisted of three "interview sessions" where you'll talk with the development team, then the director of development, and then with the product managers. They'll ask mostly general questions about your background, why you want to work at Llamasoft, etc. etc. No white board questions, so that was a plus.

However, the job description of the position I was applying for and what they actually expected me to have experience with didn't line up. There was a good amount of their tech stack I didn't have any experience with ( nor did I have it listed on my resume ), so made me feel like a bit of a dolt in trying to answer some of their questions. Also, don't expect the sample project to be any kind of indication of what type of experience they're looking for ( so typical tech company mumbo-jumbo of do A, B & C, but then surprised when you don't have experience with X, Y & Z ).

Essentially I think I got the "thanks, but no thanks" treatment after sending a follow-up email a little over a week after the on-site interview, where they basically told me that they had a list of candidates they were going to interview before they made a decision and they'd send me an update once a decision had been made ( yeah, c'mon, don't treat people like they're idiots ). Proving my point, month and a half later and still nothing.

I didn't necessarily mind that I wasn't what they were looking for, as sometimes you're a fit and sometimes not. Thank the candidate for their time, tell them you're going a different direction, and then close that loop so all parties involved can go their separate ways.

However, the non-response response from the Llamasoft recruiters rubbed me the wrong way, especially after being involved in their interview process for 3+ weeks. Then, add on top of that the discrepancies between the job posting and what they actually wanted, I shouldn't have been surprised by some of the other negative reviews posted on Glassdoor.

Overall, it's a company that works in an interesting problem domain, but doesn't seem to care much all that much on how they come across when dealing with potential candidates. Buyer beware, you could be wasting a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the factors that go in to building scalable software.   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LLamasoft (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I have never experienced a more relaxed, yet professional interview. It started with a wonderful person via telephone. She sold me on the position and the company from the get go. I was then invited for an in-person interview. It was very easy to find with the detailed directions I was given. I found LLamasoft to be a very warm environment, filled with smiling people (and the most amazing kitchen set-up I have ever seen.) The interview process was painless and very relaxed. Probably the best interview experience I have ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• How many basketballs could you fit into this room?   1 Answer

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LLamasoft.

Interview

This was my second-time interview at llamasoft. I was asked by HR if I am interested in the new opening and upon confirming a Phone interview was scheduled with the Team lead. Followed by that an Onsite Interview was scheduled. During the onsite interview, I interviewed with various individuals and up to VP. Even though I didn't get the offer, it was really a good discussion.

Interview Questions

• Supply Chain Experience, Tell Me something about yourself, Some Agile Development related questions   Answer Question

Partner Manager Interview

Interview

Very thorough, professional, polite, and understanding. Info was well articulated to the next interviewer with clear expectations set. Salary was not a match however based on the process and feedback I will keep it in mind in the future

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, background, experience, willingness to relocate   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.