Lancaster University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lancaster University

Lancaster University

Application

I interviewed at Lancaster University

Interview

Informal chat with hiring manager in a closed setting. Asked general questions such as "Why you?" and "Why this position?". It was a very pleasant experience and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you right for this position?
    Answer Question

Lancaster University

Application

I interviewed at Lancaster University

Interview

We were given an area of campus to give mock tour to the rest of the group over teams in a group interview and had discussions about what makes a tour memorable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,830

952 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lancaster University

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lancaster University

Interview

Informal interview with potential line manager only. Questions about previous experience, particularly proof of time management and data handling skills. It was not too competency-based and lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with inputting data and handling sensitive/personal information?

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England, England)

Interview

The interviewees are nice and friendly. I gave a brief introduction of myself. They asked about the understanding of the department and knowledge in design. The questions are pretty standard. It followup with a design skill test for an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Can you introduce one of your graphic design work with us.

Lancaster University

Application

I interviewed at Lancaster University

Interview

Invited to a workshop with multiple people. Had team working tasks to do in team. Performance is reviewed by the assessors. Individual feedback is not given. The accepted people are emailed and so are the rejected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lancaster University

Application

I interviewed at Lancaster University

Interview

Group Interview involving a poster presentation on various aspects of the job. This group interview was designed to show how you communicate, work in a team, and present with confidence. Offers given either directly after this interview or invited back for an individual interview

Interview Questions
  • What are three important things to mention to guests on tours?

Application

Interview

Begins with a task e.g. write up your idea for a student workshop. Then there's a panel of 3 people which wasn't one of the more pleasant interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England, England) in Jun 2019

Interview

No interview was required for the process as it was only open to Lancaster students who apply, and the role was for a departmental open day, thus the pool of students were even smaller.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England, England) in May 2018

Interview

30 minute interview. Very negative experience, chair yawned during interview and I was cut off before completing my answer to 2 questions . I was not told that IT facilities were available and was criticised for not bringing a PowerPoint.

Interview Questions
  • Why did I apply for this role at this point in my career

Lancaster University

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lancaster University in Jan 2018

Interview

Very poor communication. The interview date and process was not advertised, and I had to clarify ambiguous instructions in emails. The interview invitation was sent 7 days before the interview. Then, 3 days following the invitation I was informed that there would be a second stage to the process, to be done in the same week. This meant I had to change my (short-term) plans to attend, including altering expensive travel plans. The interview was done by 2 panels and by completing a short writing task. Both panel interviews were unfriendly and hurried - the sole opportunity for me to ask a question was met with impatience. I wasn’t offered the job. My request for feedback was ignored.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your project management experience, and what project management tools do you use.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews