Lancaster University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lancaster University Interview Questions

Interviews at Lancaster University

2.3

Student Ambassador Interview

Interview

Invited to a workshop with multiple people. Had team working tasks to do in team. Performance is reviewed by the assessors. Individual feedback is not given. The accepted people are emailed and so are the rejected.

Interview Questions

Interview

Group Interview involving a poster presentation on various aspects of the job. This group interview was designed to show how you communicate, work in a team, and present with confidence. Offers given either directly after this interview or invited back for an individual interview

Interview Questions

• What are three important things to mention to guests on tours?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lancaster University.

Interview

Begins with a task e.g. write up your idea for a student workshop. Then there's a panel of 3 people which wasn't one of the more pleasant interview experiences I've had.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England) in November 2019.

Interview

It was an assessment centre. We were put into groups and were each given a task or topic of which we were to deliberate and provide a presentation on. Afterwards we were interviewed in groups of 3. And we were asked scenario based questions as to how we would react to such situations

Interview Questions

• What would you do if during a campus tour, one of the parents trying to be more friendly than not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England) in June 2019.

Interview

No interview was required for the process as it was only open to Lancaster students who apply, and the role was for a departmental open day, thus the pool of students were even smaller.

ERDF Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England) in May 2018.

Interview

30 minute interview. Very negative experience, chair yawned during interview and I was cut off before completing my answer to 2 questions . I was not told that IT facilities were available and was criticised for not bringing a PowerPoint.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for this role at this point in my career   1 Answer

Policy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancaster University in January 2018.

Interview

Very poor communication. The interview date and process was not advertised, and I had to clarify ambiguous instructions in emails. The interview invitation was sent 7 days before the interview. Then, 3 days following the invitation I was informed that there would be a second stage to the process, to be done in the same week. This meant I had to change my (short-term) plans to attend, including altering expensive travel plans.

The interview was done by 2 panels and by completing a short writing task. Both panel interviews were unfriendly and hurried - the sole opportunity for me to ask a question was met with impatience.

I wasn’t offered the job. My request for feedback was ignored.

Interview Questions

• Describe your project management experience, and what project management tools do you use.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancaster University.

Interview

It was a little bit unorganised -- although I had signed in, they thought I hadn't showed, so when everyone was told interviews were almost over, I had to point out that I hadn't had one yet. Someone had to quickly perform an interview with me, which was pretty good based on the fact they hadn't prepared for it at all. It was very relaxed, just like a discussion rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between physics, maths and philosophy?   1 Answer

International Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interview, the international team does really make you feel relaxed. You need to know the statistic about Lancaster University and be able to explain why you want to represent Lancaster.

Interview Questions

• What would you to a student that is hesitant to join Lancaster?   Answer Question

Outreach Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancaster University in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was emailed with an interview offer. This was followed by a panel interview, where I also had to do a 10 minute presentation on an outreach project proposal for year 12 students.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the term 'social mobility'?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.