Lancome Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lancome Interview Questions

Interviews at Lancome

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (New York, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, we met over zoom and the interviewer asked a series of questions for about 30 minutes. Once it was over she asked if I had any questions and let me ask more about the job and company.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about customer service?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Columbia, SC (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Odd. Met with local manager, conferenceing with Lancome rep. First 20 minutes was Lancome rep reading the do’s and don’ts concerning appearance , dress code, requirement using Lancôme products. Reluctant to discuss compensation and schedule. Never discussed why someone would want to have a career at Lancôme, but liked saying Boniour a good bit. Interview was a big turn off. Understand why position has been open for many months.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go out of your way to help a customer in the past ?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (Concord, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It was really fun and no tension at all. The Lady was a nice, jovial, friendly interviewer and she asked me questions to give her idea about my interests and personality. My suggestion for those who have upcoming interviews for this position, dress nicely and neat, and show your skill in makeup. If you're bubbly and friendly, you would have no problem. They want to see if you have no problem at connecting with people.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Hickory, NC (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview on Friday with the account executive. I was then called into Dillards for an interview on Monday with the cosmetics manager and the store manager. I filled out paperwork and a background check. After my background check was cleared I was hired on and started training with Dillards the next day. I am waiting to hear where they will send me for the Lancome training.

Interview Questions

• How would you personally prepare for events and what ideas can you bring to your team?   Answer Question

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I put in applications for a couple of locations, and it just showed me how unorganized management is. They kept reaching out to me for an interview, and I would respond only for them to take weeks to get back to me. I finally landed an interview and it was just bad. I showed up early, only for the account manager to arrive 15 minutes later than scheduled. She had so much to say to make herself seem as though she was this knowledgeable professional, but her demeanor stated otherwise. I was offered the position only for the lady to never get back to me on a start date. Lancôme if you ever take the time to read this, please inform your account managers that organization and timeliness is key. The most unprofessional interview I've ever experienced and a pure waste of time. I will never put in an application for this company.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for an interview at Macy's (Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati, OH). Angela (woman who gave my interview) went out of the way to tell me how they don't hire people who have never worked Lancôme at Macy's before to work this counter and told me she had six applicants after me and that I wouldn't know for a week. I got an email two hours later saying I wouldn't be considered (after going to visit the counter and discovering that both the women currently working it had never worked in cosmetics before and were hired by her less than two weeks ago). I also included how I love Lancôme and use so much of their makeup regularly and also use almost exclusively Lancôme brushes. I told her how excited and thrilled I would be to represent the Lancôme brand and what it would mean to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your best experiences with a customer.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lancome (Covina, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me now. I got an email to schedule an interview, and when I get there, they already filled the spot. 1st time was Montebello mall, and the 2nd time was West Covina mall. It's very infuriating when you prepare for a job and you get there and already fill the position you were applying for. At the montebello mall, the lady didn't even bother interviewing me. She just said "sorry, maybe next time." The West Covina lady was extremely nice, interviewed me, apologized, and informed me on how I could get a position there. But I just don't understand the reasoning behind scheduling someone for an interview, but filling the position anyway. It's a waste of time. They seriously need to finish the interview process before just filling spots right away and wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've had success in as a team   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about selling someone a Macy's credit card, and how would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about selling and applying makeup to a customer?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (Newark, DE (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It took about three weeks since I had to meet every manager for the store, department, and the actual company itself. Very calming though during the interviews. I would recommend bringing in a portfolio of some works that you have done to boost their choices towards you.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how well you are with colors.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

They interviewed me through phone first and 2 weeks later they scheduled me for an actual interview with the AE and coordinator it took couple weeks for me. I actually got the job just be prepared and put on nicely make up

Lancome Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (San Antonio, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

usual retail interview questions. the manager will ask you what is you goal in life? they will ask if you have retail experience or if you have experience in selling cosmetics. they will ask you how are you going to do if other counters are busy and your counter have no clients

Interview Questions

• how do you handle customer conflict or deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.