Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

2.9

Design Drafter Interview

Interview

Long and spread out, large panel interview at the end with all the supervisors. Interview takes about an hour and the questions focused on past experience. Overall, the process was okay when I went through it.

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

Interview

No HR phone screen

First interview - 30 minute Zoom call with the department head, one team member, and 2 other people from other non mar-com teams. .

Second interview - 90 minutes with department head, one team member, 2 people from other teams, and an Admin assistant who took notes. Portfolio samples were required for 2nd interview.

From initial email to first interview = 1 week

From 1st interview to 2nd interview = 2 weeks

From 2nd interview to final decision = NEVER HEARD BACK (or, 8 weeks)

In the beginning of the interview process, I asked HR to give me a timeline for interviewing, decision making, extension of an offer, on boarding, and start date. I timed my followup queries based off this information. I was told I would hear a decision within 2 weeks of my last interview. At no point was I informed that the timeline had changed.

At 2 weeks post interview - SILENCE.

At 4 weeks post interview, I emailed and called asking for an update. It took a full week for someone to speak with me (they were only willing to speak on phone, not reply on email). They asked me where I was located, was I willing to make the commute, and did my salary expectations fit in their range. I reiterated that yes I lived within commuting distance and the salary met my expectations. I was told I’d hear back “shortly".

Another 3 weeks pass (so we’re at 8 weeks post interview now, and a full 6 weeks past the deadline they were supposed to extend an offer to their candidate). And, SILENCE.

I reached out via email once again. Their response was they called me but could not leave a message and therefore sent me an automated rejection email. I checked my phone and email. There were no calls, voicemails or emails (including SPAM folder). When I requested they forward me a copy of the automated rejection letter, they never bothered to respond. I suspect they never sent one

The interview panel seemed like a nice bunch of people, and they all seemed to like working at LLNL. Many had been there for decaded.

The interviews were somewhat disorganized, and a senior manager stumbled over several easy and standard questions that I asked.

The poor communication, lack of follow up, and disorganization raised a lot of red flags so perhaps I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• All the generic questions - tell me about yourself, tell me about handling competing deadlines, what software programs do you know, etc   Answer Question

Data Science Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

Interview

The person who I would work with reached out to me for a 30 minute interview. The interview was to learn more about your past experiences and tell you more about their project.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in October 2020.

Interview

Talked to several people and got asked many behavioral questions followed by technical question. Everyone was very friendly. It was over zoom due to the pandemic but I feel like the interview would have been same in person.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Interview

Asked me about my interests in the specific job posting, and my relevant background in it. Chatted throughout the interview and had good, in-depth knowledge of the requirements LLNL needed for this specific posting.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions involving materials science graphs, basic strengths of materials things, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in August 2020.

Interview

- LLNL presents a quick overview of the company

- Applicant gives a 30 minute technical presentation on a project I worked on. There were approximately 15 people I presented too. Only a few had a couple questions.

- Applicant has a 45 minute interview with 2 employees (1 is a manager or lead).

- Applicant has a 2nd interview, 60 minutes, with 2 employees (1 is a manager or lead).

- LLNL gives a 30 minute presentation on the job role

- Interview ends and you hope for the best! Overall process is 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on presented project. Some questions on how you ever experienced this/that and how did you respond. Nothing technical really. Just make sure when you present your project make sure to be technical and it will likely prevent technical questions. Impress them early :).   Answer Question

Interview

Day one was a full day -- delivered seminar presentation of research project to group meeting, completed remainder of day with one on one meetings with technical experts. Lots of questions, lots of feedback. Day two was more casual, fewer meetings.

Interview Questions

• Q: Would different detectors substantially improve the measurements that were performed as part of your project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening interview, and two weeks later, I had a virtual interview (due to COVID-19). The virtual interview was a day long process of meeting people on the team and answering technical questions. Everyone was extremely kind and informative.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 5 days later to schedule a Webex Interview a week later. The interview was very straight foward and they mainly asked me to go over my resume, asked pretty standard questions and explained what the organization does. But I was really nervous and I pretty much thought I messed up on the interview. They were really professional and nice, it wasn't an intimidating interview. I got an email two weeks later telling me I was one of the top candidates and asked for three professional references. Two days later I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Go over the resume.
      How do you handle conflict? Give an example.
      How do you prioritize your work?
      What makes you a good fit for this position?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Counterintelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview, the people on the call were nice. After the initial question and answer, they asked why I wanted to move to the San Francisco Bay area warning that it was really expensive and asked what my plan would be to live and commute, etc. They said they would call back within 24 hours regardless of it I was going to make it to the next step in the interview process, but I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, go over background.   Answer Question
    • Do you work better on your own or on a team, if you work better on a team, a team of what size?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.