Lightpath Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lightpath Interview Questions

Interviews at Lightpath

Network Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lightpath (Jericho, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process went, smooth, however, company does not seem to know what it's doing. I'll compare it to two hands, attached to the same body, right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing..........

Interview Questions

• What are my 1 , 2, 3 year and long term goals
      What was I looking to get out of working there
      Can I be a self starter, work independently, and as part of a team.
      Can I handle   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lightpath (Bethpage, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for two interviews and met with several people. Overall I had a positive interview experience. Some generic questions (ie: strengths, weaknesses, employer evaluations, etc.). The second interview went into some specifics such as how would you react if you felt overwhelmed? I was asked for several specific examples of times where I performed the specific job duties. I took issue with the fact that I never heard back from anyone. I could understand if I had simply submitted an application. However, it was frustrating that I was asked to come in for an interview, then again for a second interview, and was never given the courtesy of a response to let me know that I had not received the job.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lightpath (New York, NY (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a contract recruiter for Optimum Lightpath recently. I submitted a cover letter and a resume for the position. The recruiter called me, we discussed the opportunity and then he asked me to submit a summary of my work history. After submitting the summary of my work history, the recruiter then e-mailed me to advise me that the hiring manager was going to reach out to an internal contact at one of my former employers.

Upon getting that e-mail, I immediately replied and called his screening tactics along with those of Optimum Lightpath's screening tactics into question. I told that recruiter what both he and Optimum were doing is illegal and highly unethical. I withdrew my candidacy from consideration immediately, and told him both he and Optimum Lightpath are not ones I would work.

Avoid their contract recruiter and this company at all costs!

Interview Questions

• What did your W-2 show for your position at that company?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lightpath (Jericho, NY (US)).

Interview

Standard interview process that required a meeting with the manager and director of the department. The interview was one on one with each person. It was your typical interview where you get the standard, Why this company type of questions to the very specific / detail oriented programming questions. The interviewers were knowledgeable and conducted the session like a conversation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lightpath (Jericho, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

The overall interview experience was excellent. It started with a phone interview with a Cablevision recruiter and then I came into the Jericho office for 6 face to face interviews (about 45 minutes each), including the president of Lightpath, across a 3 day process. Every interviewer had their own style but most importantly they were all human and truly genuine. The interviews focused on my capabilities and bringing value to the organization within the role. It also had a focus on fitting into the culture and being collaborative across functions. The total process from the time the recruiter contacted me to when an offer was made was about 4 weeks, but this included the holidays which slowed the process down. I accepted the offer after some negotiation and a follow up phone call with the hiring manager which helped seal my decision. I had several offers on the table, including one from a major software company on Long Island and a hot startup, but my choice in the end was Lightpath.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult person in a cross functional department? How did you handle it and describe the approach you took?   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lightpath (Eatontown, NJ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

A phone call after 2 weeks then 10 weeks later in person interview, then 6 weeks told i did not get the job so it took from nov till march to hear from them

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lightpath (Jericho, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The HR Manager contacted me about the job. He interviewed me over the phone. Asked me to come over for 1:1 interview with him and the hiring manager. They seem to be pretty good people. They called me a few hours later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic things you should know if you are a telecom engineer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate cause i would rather let me work do the negotiation for me. They pay is not paid and there is room for growth. Just know what your resume says you can do. They are very smart people there.

Manager of Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lightpath (Merrick, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was pleasant however I never heard back on whether or not I got the job. This role does not really manage Real Estate rather it manages agreements with landlords to use part of the buildings fiber optic system so that commercial tenants are able to use it for internet and phone. Not what I was expecting. The actual office is super traditional in appearance and people seem to stay there for years. It would have been nice to hear about whether or not I got the job though.

Interview Questions

• What are some unconventional methods do you use to find information?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.