Lipsy London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Lipsy London

2.9

Buying Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in December 2020.

Interview

A relaxed, friendly and easy going interview, with a lovely lady from recruitment. Interview process was more like a conversation that flowed to see how you would suit the company dynamic and energy.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself
      Q: Tell me about your past experience
      Q: salary expectations   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Disappointing interview process where no feedback has been given after a two stage interview.
     This has happened twice now through the same in house recruiter and it's a shame that this reflects so negatively on the company. I'll definitely not be applying again if the courtesy of a quick email cannot be shown after going through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What design houses would you look to for inspiration for this department?   Answer Question

Merchandise Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a good experience, I attended the Lipsy careers fair and then I was scheduled for an interview. I had a 30 mins math test which was basic merchandising questions and a 45 min interview with someone from the merch department and the Lipsy recruitment. officer. I was told I should expect feedback by next week

Interview Questions

• Basic competency based questions about resilience, teamwork, honesty. Asked why Lipsy and why merchandising   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lipsy London.

Interview

Very unorganised, found the job through an agency and wasn’t told there will be a test at the interview - once got there I was told I had 30 mins for the test, however after 10 mins they told my time was up! Extremely messy.

Interview Questions

• How did you get the brands that you range on your website as a business?   Answer Question

Merchandise Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process started off well. I applied through an online job board and did a quick telephone interview with HR and was invited to an assessment centre the following week. The assessment centre involved a maths test, if passed then a group activity and individual interviews. It lasted for three hours and I was told I would be contacted with a decision three days later.
    Then about ten days had past before I received a voicemail from HR blaming me for failing to follow up. I then called back immediately, several times and got to speak to another member of HR. I was told that I would be telephoned immediately with the decision and feedback but that never happened. I telephoned again and even sent an email out but I never got a response. I am disappointed by the level of unprofessionalism as it genuinely came across as a good place to work from the interview. It has been the worst experience I have had so far from a company.

Interview Questions

Lipsy London Response

8 Mar 2018 – HR & Recruitment Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Firstly we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for attending the assessment centre. I’d like to apologise for you feeling that you had a disappointing experience in terms of the feedback and service from Lipsy. WE always receive great feedback from candidates who we meet so this is very unusual feedback. The questions that we ask (not those featured in your review) along with the Numeracy test are designed for us to assess competence required for the role. Unfortunately on this occasion your application was unsuccessful. Also, we always aim to provide feedback to our candidates within one week. Unfortunately, in this instance we were unable to contact you via phone, however we did try alternative methods of contact. We are very sorry to hear how you felt about your experience with us but thank you again for your interest in Lipsy and wish you all the success in the future.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lipsy London.

Interview

Found out about the role through a recruiter. The whole process took about two weeks. I had two interviews - the first with Recruitment Partner Jo and a member of the Merchandising team and the second with two members of my Merchandising team. Jo was very friendly and passionate about the brand. The interviews were relaxed, the team were very focused on finding the correct person to fit the team and the role would remain open until they found the right person. I received feedback very soon after each interview. I had heard that Lipsy was a great company to work for and this was confirmed at my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your ideal manager/ have you experience in dealing with senior members of a company / how would you deal with difficult partners / why do you want to work in merchandising   Answer Question

15 Dec 2016 – HR & Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive interview review; it’s always good to know that you had such a great experience and recognised our employee’s own passion for Lipsy. At Lipsy we will always take the time to ensure that we hire the right person for the team and like to have a conversational interview to truly get to know the candidate. We will always provide our candidates with feedback within 2 weeks and often much sooner where we can. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I’d like to wish you all the best in your future career with Lipsy.

Creative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this role on the Lipsy website and received a call a week later asking me to come along to an interview at head office.

My first interview was with Jo from HR and one of the girls from the creative team and I can honestly say it was the best interview I have been to so far. They were both lovely and made me feel at ease and it was quite informal, just talking about previous experience, career goals and the brand, etc.

I then got asked back for a second interview the following week - this time with one of the girls from the creative team and the creative teams head of department. Here I had a quick talk about previous experience, etc again and I also participated in a mini task were I had to prioritise various tasks and duties that I would face in my new role. This allowed me to not only learn more about the role I was applying for and what was involved but also allowed the girls to see the way I worked and organised several task and duties that I would face on a day to day basis if I were to be taken on.

The recruitment process was extremely quick, from first interview to getting the offer for me took just over a week.

It was nice that I got to meet and speak directly with Jo in HR during the entire process as she was really passionate about the brand and definitely sold me on the role and working for the company. It was nice that during the entire time she was so lovely and said that if I thought of anything I wanted to ask during the process to not hesitate and just simply drop her an email or give her a call. Applying for jobs is such a big deal and you want to make sure that its right choice and decision for you so just knowing that she was there to offer a bit of extra advice or help as and when I needed it along the way was lovely and really reflected the company team orientated and helpful personality.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Lipsy?

What do you like about Lipsy?

What do you think the role consists of?

What skills do you have that you think would help you within the role?

Talk about your previous experience?

What are your career goals and where would you like to be in five years?

Give an example of a time that you had had to deal with an awkward situation and how did you resolve it?

Give an example of a time when you have had to take control and lead a team, how did you do this?   Answer Question

15 Dec 2016 – HR & Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic experience with us. Although Lipsy is very fast paced, we do have a relaxed environment and we like to reflect this within our interviews. Our interviews are very conversational as not only do we want to know about the candidate’s experience, their skills and their abilities but we also want to get to know the candidate as a person – it’s great to hear that this approach made you feel at ease. We couldn’t agree more that the recruitment process is extremely quick and we will always aim to make the process as quick and simple as we can for our candidates. Thank you for your lovely comments about our recruitment partner and thank you again for leaving your feedback with us – we hope you have a fantastic future with Lipsy.

Branded Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in July 2016.

Interview

An initial interview with a recruitment consultant followed by two interviews at Lipsy. The first Lipsy interview was with HR & my potential manager & the second was with my potential manager & the Merchandise Director. The Lipsy HR team were incredibly quick to get back to me at every stage in the interview process. Whilst some interview questions were challenging, my interviewers really put me at ease which got the best out of me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Lipsy HR team were incredibly quick to get back to me at each stage. When I had questions during the negotiation stage, they contacted me directly to discuss them. Having now worked at Lipsy for 3 months, I have found it a great place to work and would really recommend it to others looking for new roles.

4 Sep 2017 – HR & Recruitment Co-ordinator

Thank you for sharing your great experience during the recruitment process here at Lipsy. Lipsy is very fast paced, though we do have a relaxed environment, we like to get the best out of everyone so they can reach their full potential. We love how your loving working for Lipsy and we wish you a prosperous and fulfilling career.

BAA - Brands Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

i had a speaking interview with my manager and HR recruitment lady, then a speaking interview with the head of Brands buying, Then i had to produce a presentation and present it to the same people. i had to make a mood board and a presentation on Lipsy Brands.

Interview Questions

• How have you used initiative as an intern at Lipsy?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screened at first, followed by two formal interviews at different stages of the process.Got to meet people from different teams as well as the one that I would potentially be working in. Was a fun interview and got the opportunity to ask a lot of questions regarding the companies direction and ways they are looking to improve as well as ask ones about my own career progression.

Interview Questions

Lipsy London Response

15 Dec 2016 – HR & Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, it’s great to hear that you had a positive interview with lots of conversation. I’d like to wish you all the best for your future with Lipsy.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.