Lipsy London Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lipsy London

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England, England)

Interview

It was a very good start, the internal recruiter put me up for a few different positions. For one of the interviews she did not let me know that it was an interview for Next and not Lipsy, even the information pack I was given was for Lipsy. I was unprepared for a question, as I focused all my research on Lipsy and purposely left out Next as not to confuse the two. After all the interviews I did not hear anything back, which was a shame as I took a few days off work to do last minute interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Who are our competitors in the industry?
    Answer Question

Lipsy London

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lipsy London

Interview

The interview included a couple of calls from the head of HR. They reviewed my previous experience and CV in the call and were very easy going and polite. They briefed me on company culture, what to expect and were super attentive. Hiring to action process was very fast.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lipsy London

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lipsy London

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn 1. telephone interview with HR 2. Interview with direct line manager 3. Finance test 4. Interview with head of department Everyone was really friendly and made each step comfortable. The only reason I didn’t accept was I had another job offer more suited.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

A relaxed, friendly and easy going interview, with a lovely lady from recruitment. Interview process was more like a conversation that flowed to see how you would suit the company dynamic and energy.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself Q: Tell me about your past experience Q: salary expectations
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England, England) in Jun 2020

Interview

Disappointing interview process where no feedback has been given after a two stage interview. This has happened twice now through the same in house recruiter and it's a shame that this reflects so negatively on the company. I'll definitely not be applying again if the courtesy of a quick email cannot be shown after going through the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What design houses would you look to for inspiration for this department?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

It was a good experience, I attended the Lipsy careers fair and then I was scheduled for an interview. I had a 30 mins math test which was basic merchandising questions and a 45 min interview with someone from the merch department and the Lipsy recruitment. officer. I was told I should expect feedback by next week

Interview Questions
  • Basic competency based questions about resilience, teamwork, honesty. Asked why Lipsy and why merchandising

Lipsy London

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lipsy London

Interview

Very unorganised, found the job through an agency and wasn’t told there will be a test at the interview - once got there I was told I had 30 mins for the test, however after 10 mins they told my time was up! Extremely messy.

Interview Questions
  • How did you get the brands that you range on your website as a business?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England, England) in Feb 2018

Interview

The interview process started off well. I applied through an online job board and did a quick telephone interview with HR and was invited to an assessment centre the following week. The assessment centre involved a maths test, if passed then a group activity and individual interviews. It lasted for three hours and I was told I would be contacted with a decision three days later. Then about ten days had past before I received a voicemail from HR blaming me for failing to follow up. I then called back immediately, several times and got to speak to another member of HR. I was told that I would be telephoned immediately with the decision and feedback but that never happened. I telephoned again and even sent an email out but I never got a response. I am disappointed by the level of unprofessionalism as it genuinely came across as a good place to work from the interview. It has been the worst experience I have had so far from a company.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Lipsy London

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lipsy London

Interview

Found out about the role through a recruiter. The whole process took about two weeks. I had two interviews - the first with Recruitment Partner Jo and a member of the Merchandising team and the second with two members of my Merchandising team. Jo was very friendly and passionate about the brand. The interviews were relaxed, the team were very focused on finding the correct person to fit the team and the role would remain open until they found the right person. I received feedback very soon after each interview. I had heard that Lipsy was a great company to work for and this was confirmed at my interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your ideal manager/ have you experience in dealing with senior members of a company / how would you deal with difficult partners / why do you want to work in merchandising

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lipsy London (London, England, England) in Oct 2016

Interview

I applied for this role on the Lipsy website and received a call a week later asking me to come along to an interview at head office. My first interview was with Jo from HR and one of the girls from the creative team and I can honestly say it was the best interview I have been to so far. They were both lovely and made me feel at ease and it was quite informal, just talking about previous experience, career goals and the brand, etc. I then got asked back for a second interview the following week - this time with one of the girls from the creative team and the creative teams head of department. Here I had a quick talk about previous experience, etc again and I also participated in a mini task were I had to prioritise various tasks and duties that I would face in my new role. This allowed me to not only learn more about the role I was applying for and what was involved but also allowed the girls to see the way I worked and organised several task and duties that I would face on a day to day basis if I were to be taken on. The recruitment process was extremely quick, from first interview to getting the offer for me took just over a week. It was nice that I got to meet and speak directly with Jo in HR during the entire process as she was really passionate about the brand and definitely sold me on the role and working for the company. It was nice that during the entire time she was so lovely and said that if I thought of anything I wanted to ask during the process to not hesitate and just simply drop her an email or give her a call. Applying for jobs is such a big deal and you want to make sure that its right choice and decision for you so just knowing that she was there to offer a bit of extra advice or help as and when I needed it along the way was lovely and really reflected the company team orientated and helpful personality.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Lipsy? What do you like about Lipsy? What do you think the role consists of? What skills do you have that you think would help you within the role? Talk about your previous experience? What are your career goals and where would you like to be in five years? Give an example of a time that you had had to deal with an awkward situation and how did you resolve it? Give an example of a time when you have had to take control and lead a team, how did you do this?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews