LyondellBasell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

LyondellBasell Interview Questions

Interviews at LyondellBasell

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

Through campus career fair, they used the STAR method so make sure to prepare yourself for those kinds of questions. Overall not too bad the employees were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a technical challenge.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Behavior interview standard process only a couple questions that did not last too long. Only about a 30 min interview and a entry briefing panel. The same person who interviews you call you about the job and the offer

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a hardship. Basic behavior interview questions.   Answer Question

Interview

1 on campus interview. 1 person interviewing you. Mostly standard "describe a time when.." type questions. One of the things they look for is company knowledge. They only hire co-ops, not interns.

Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional but also very engaging and interested in my answers. She asked a lot of technical questions about experiences I had during my education and at previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a technical experience at a previous job.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Microsoft teams interview with one senior engineer. Very straightforward and lasted about an hour. I was told that I would hear back in ~2 weeks, but it took ~7 weeks.

Interview Questions

Interview

Technical Screening, Lead interviewed on technical aspects. Accepted the offer and joined the team. Background check with 3rd party and middle vendor took about a month which was way beyond my imagination.

Interview Questions

• Technical question related to technology   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Evansville, IN (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

There were two men switching back and forth. Very good interview. We talked for about an hour. They asked questions relating to job history and other experiences that would be helpful in the position applied.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from the job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

I met LyondellBasell and recruited with them at my University Career Fair. From there I got invited to their event for prospective candidates to learn more about the company and meet with their recruiter one more time to ask questions and get to know them better. Within the next few days I was interviewed by the recruiter I spoked with and the Manager of my department.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from every other candidate?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your Excel and technical skillset?   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Pasadena, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Panel Interview, Each Person Took Turns Asking Questions, They Are Looking For Specific Answers From Each Person Who Applied And Want You To Fit The Part They Are Hiring For.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

Interviews were based on work history, experience, situational behaviors, technical knowledge. Interviewers were professional and friendly. The interview process confirmed my desire to work for the company. Overall, good interview process. That is it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.