Lyons Davidson Solicitors Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lyons Davidson Solicitors

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyons Davidson Solicitors (Leeds, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Basic spelling/grammar test and then was interviewed by two senior managers. Overall it was quite a laidback and friendly process. They took it in turns to ask me questions and made it feel like a two way discussion and provided lots of information about the role.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about examples of various skills such as communication and teamwork   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyons Davidson Solicitors (Leeds, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through Reed. Received a call a few days later inviting me to an interview. I was interviewed by two members of staff. The process felt fairly informal. Had to complete spelling and grammar assessments.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were faced with a challenging situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lyons Davidson Solicitors (Leeds, England).

Interview

First I completed a spelling test and had to.correct mistakes in a formal letter. Then I was interviewed by 2 people from the HR department- one took notes which the other asked questions

Interview Questions

• Talk about one thing on your cv that does you're a good fit for this role?
      How would you integrate into the team?
      I am still waiting to hear back   Answer Question

I am still waiting to hear back

Customer Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lyons Davidson Solicitors (Cardiff, Wales) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Lyons Davidson Solicitors through a Recruitment Agency. The staff were very welcoming and approachable. It is an award-winning company that provides excellent legal service and invests a lot in employee development and diversity. The interview took an hour and consisted of two parts: Competence-based questions and a telephone exercise. The questions are all listed below. Telephone exercise involved gathering information from a client who had had a road accident. I gave the client a call and asked him questions from a script that I had been given at the beginning of the exercise. It was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for us?
      2. What would you bring to our company?
      3. How would you deal with a distressed/annoyed client on the phone?
      4. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
      5.What are the qualities of an efficient customer service adviser?
      6. How would you deal with a client who has a language barrier on the phone?
      7.Give us an example situation in which you were successful in customer service.
      8. Give us an example of a moment when you liaised with the other team members.
      9. How do you use your time management skills?
      10.How do you get organised for the day?   Answer Question

Trainee Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyons Davidson Solicitors.

Interview

Short test. Draft initial letter to client followed by Q&A with two members of staff. One HR the other relevant department. Quite basic although I was a qualified paralegal in another department previously but was looking to move into another area of law.

Interview Questions

• Generalist. Can I cover variable shift patterns (3). What experience etc   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyons Davidson Solicitors (Bristol, England).

Interview

There is a telephone interview with HR rep first to screen candidates. Physical interviews are then with prospective line manager and a HR rep, they are a mixture of competency based questions and general personality questions. More senior roles do adopt a different approach, but LD do not tend to hire in any senior people - they promote from within if possible.

Legal Services Contact Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Malden, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyons Davidson Solicitors (New Malden, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview, grammar test and telephone test. Asked general questions about the legal profession and you, then asked competency based questions. There was a written grammar test where you found the errors. Finally a mock telephone conversation interviewing a client, be sure to repeat all facts the 'client' tells you.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.