MBDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at MBDA

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview to understand personal background, education, previous experience. In person interview covering technical matters, description of role and company benefits. The in person interview was held by HR representative and a technical manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBDA.

Interview

Two interviews with the top management and one interview with HR.
    HR: Career path + motivation + why MBDA (be prepare for a lot of questions from HR)
    Top management: some basic technical questions (just to know what you did) + Career path + motivation

Interview Questions

• Career path + motivation + why MBDA (be prepare for a lot of questions from HR)   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA.

Interview

Online application followed by Pre recorded interview where you recorded your answers to questions. Was okay process, quick replies and sent multiple emails throughout duration of process updating with information. Some feedback my have been nice but still was at fairly early stage of process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA.

Interview

Answered 6 short essay questions (200 words each), then did an online test. I was later invited to a virtual assessment centre. Process was quite pleasant, but writing the essays took a long time, which might put some people off applying.

Interview Questions

• Standard strengths-based questions; prepare as you would for any other company   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA.

Interview

Very formal. Interview consisted of competency, maths and engineering technical knowledge questions. You also had to deliver a 10 min presentation on a topic they email you about (it was lethality related) and there was also a group session where you had to problem solve for being stranded on the moon with limited resources.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me to look at a cross section of a missile and explain what certain parts do.
      Some basic probability.
      Standard competency questions.   Answer Question

Electronic Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England) in September 2020.

Interview

ARM recruitment approached me, very excited about putting me in touch with MBDA for this position.

Whilst I had other offers (verbal and other interviews) MBDA's representative who interviewed me was absolutely fantastic, accommodated me within a week or so.

Within about 15 minutes of speaking with her i had made my decision that i genuinely wanted to work within the MBDA family.

She had so much passion for the work, that the interview was more of a chat with a friend and i felt very comfortable.

2 weeks later I had my interview with her again and her colleague, 1 hour and 45 mins long, great interview, structured well and had loads of time to discuss my skills, experience and go over a few things that were more generalised.

Had a great interview and was told I would have my answer ASAP.

Within 24 hours I received my offer, was positive and I felt a genuine sense of purpose.

Was told I would have my offer in writing within a few days etc...

4 days went by, then I was called by the recruiter to say they had retracted my offer, gave no feedback & only to apologise.

Had in good faith already declined other offers, which was the biggest kick in the teeth.

Was lucky to recieve an email from the interviewer directly after thank her for her time, hopefully they will reach out should they feel I have the necessary skills for a position there, but i doubt it unfortunately 😕

Interview Questions

• can you explain further about specific projects you have done that require EMC to be considered?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England) in September 2020.

Interview

They sent me a test to make sure I wasn't a clueless pleb and then told me I had an interview with their review team, it wasn't a particularly fast process but they were very good at keeping in touch with me about where I was in the process

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

assement centre,where they ask for a mix of comptencey questions and technical questions aswell, lots of team based exercises.The day included a tour of the facilities and various explanatiosn about the companies pay structure and future job opportunities

Interview Questions

• whats is the core issue that companies like mbda have to deal with?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA in February 2020.

Interview

After completing a tedious psychometric tests I was informed I needed to complete a presentation prior to the interview which wasn't really interesting and hugely relevant to the role I applied for. The interview started with presentation and after completion one of the interviewers clearly seasoned in his role became argumentative about the approaches I had taken though the role and job spec asked for such skills. This became a theme that kept being revisited throughout the interview and used to distract and clearly score points. Despite stating that practices could be applied to any model the interviewer attempted to start a purist war on approaches against different approaches which are all valid and this was clearly communicated.

The interview was based around the psychometric testing and behaviours and whilst relevant this didn't verify my technical skills, capabilities and approach to tasks. It was rather distracting that three times throughout the interview two of the interviewers were looking at their mobile phones which was really rude and showed lack of engagement and was disrespectful. The interviewers had booklets with their questions which they asked interrupting each other and was really off-putting because it all felt very orchestrated by script.

Could've been interesting but despite being rejected I wouldn't have wanted to work there as the interviewers were rude, disruptive and it felt like they had already got someone in mind for the role and I was filler.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewed in person with two engineers, lasted around 90 minutes in total. Questions are very value based (make sure you know the company values and can give an example of when you've applied them). If you have enough scenarios to demonstrate your key skills you'll be fine.

Offered the role within within 5 days but salary was lower than my current salary (which they knew) and were unwilling to negotiate. Be wary if applying based on agency advert as salaries quoted are unrealistic.

Interview Questions

• What are the core values of the company and give an example of when you have demonstrated them. (follow on questions deeply focus on one of these)   Answer Question
    • Sketch a top level missile system and the key components, how to they interact etc.   Answer Question

Apprenice Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Manchester, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Amazing Interview process, very quick and informative. They did not mess around in communication side of things, always on the ball. Applied back in December, completed an online assessment, then onto the online (due to COVID-19) Assessment Centre in February. Got an offer 1 week later, accepted it. Went onto completed Security Clearance etc.

Interview Questions

• Mainly around the whole aspect of the MBDA's company values and if you align in with them.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.