MDRC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MDRC Interview Questions

Interviews at MDRC

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDRC.

Interview

I usually don't write in these forums but I thought I'd warn others thinking about MDRC. I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview about a month later. The interviewer was unprofessional - not only was she late in calling me, she also did not seem prepared or have a ready set of questions. It seems like their HR process is long and just disorganized. MDRC did not email me after the interview - and as you can read in other reviews, it seems like it's what they often do to applicants. It's incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: "Do you have more questions for me?"   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

First and second interviews conducted by two senior-level department heads. About a month between interviews, not many questions, more of a description of what the job entails (interviewers were verbose, to put it mildly).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by 2 hour set of interview with various staff members. I did not get the original position I applied for, but they ultimately offered me a different position. The entire process took far longer than I expected.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDRC.

Interview

I applied for the position in August 2013 and was contacted for a phone interview in late September. This interview was conducted by a current position holder and lasted about 30 minutes. During this time I was mainly asked about my experience using SAS and Excel. I was also asked in multiple times whether I would be willing to work on programming for most of my time in the organization.

I was then contacted to do a second phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked to come in for a full-day in-person interview about two weeks later. This involved four interview sessions as well as a data "test."

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MDRC.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, and was then invited to come into their office for an in-person interview two weeks later. The interview process involved meeting with multiple employees and conducting two tests on-site. The majority of the interviewers were good, but it felt unorganized and they did not seem interested in me as a person. I left feeling like I could not get the job and not really care. I had to follow up multiple times before they told me I did not get the position about a month later.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied to MDRC in March, got a call in June for a Skype interview, had an in person interview in early July, and was hired in late July. I really wasn't expecting to hear back from MDRC since I got a call months after my initial application so it was a pleasant surprise. The interview process was pretty straight forward, two people from HR via skype, then in person I interviewed with another HR staff member along with my current supervisor and predecessor. I will say MDRC is diligent about checking 3 references prior to offering a job so make sure your contacts are in order...this delayed my offer by a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my prior library experience and how it could be applied to this particular unique library in a government nonprofit research corporation. I wasn't asked any annoying or awkward questions like, "What is your biggest weakness?" which was nice. I felt it was one of my better interview processes where I had the freedom to discuss my strengths and background.   Answer Question

Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online July 1st. Was called for a phone interview with a woman on August 29th. She was very kind, asked about my experience with qualitative methodology and project management. I was then flown out for an in person interview, during which I met with 5 people, including the division director and HR. They called the following week for my references, made appointments to speak with them; however, in the end they called to let me know they went with someone with more experience (I am only 25)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview, which took about half an hour. The questions were very standard (what experience to you have cleaning data? tell me how you keep organized, etc.), all read from a list, and conducted by a fairly junior person.

After about 10 days, I received an e-mail from HR about scheduling in-person interviews the following week. The interviews lasted about five hours (with a quite large number of different people). The people who interviewed me were very friendly, but only asked sort-of open-ended, nontechnical questions, making it very difficult to know what they wanted to hear or to evaluate my own performance. I got the impression they were perhaps interviewing more for personal fit than actual skills.

Since I haven't heard a word from them for about 1.5 months (I did try to get in touch with HR a few weeks ago, to no avail), I'm assuming that they decided to hire someone else. Given that I gave them some 5 hours of my time, I think sending an e-mail telling me that my candidacy was unsuccessful would have been nice....?!

Interview Questions

• What percentage of your time would you be happy to spend cleaning data?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter at MDRC. Although I did not qualify for the position I had applied to, she liked my resume and offered to discuss possible future openings.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have in conducting research, analyzing quantitative data, and summarizing the results? With what statistical programs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was long but HR was very prompt with communication every step of the way. I applied based on an employee referral in late November, scheduled a interview by December (for January), and then had a second round one by end of January with an offer a week after. It took approximately two to three months, but I think mine took an extra month because I had little flexibility with timing and so had to push the dates out a bit further.

The phone interview was fairly standard. There was a in person interview that was several rounds long and included a test. I was fairly exhausted by the end of it but it's nothing too grueling as every person I interviewed with was interesting and asked challenging questions. I'd say there was maybe one or two people that were more typically "intense" during the interview, but it seemed to come from a genuine interest in the topics we were discussing.

I think that out of all the companies I've interviewed with, MDRC was one of the most prompt and attentive. HR was super helpful in keeping me updated on the process and answering all my of questions. I walked away very impressed with their thoroughness and how kind they were throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you managed up   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.