Mace Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mace Interview Questions

Interviews at Mace

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mace (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There was a phone screening with a recruiter. She sold me really hard on the position, which I found peculiar, but I was enticed by all the great benefits and proceeded with the interview process. From there, I was set up with an in person meeting at their office with two of the directors. It was very conversational. We discussed my past experience, and I shared some of the work I had done.
    Both the recruiter and the directors told me that I would be advancing to a final round where I meet with the client. I waited over a month - checking back in every other week with both the recruiter and director to gauge when this final round might take place. The first two weeks they told me that they were busy and gave me dates to follow up with them on. When I followed up on said dates, I was greeted with radio silence. Nobody ever returned my calls or emails. Highly unprofessional to string a candidate along and then ignore all further communication from them. Thankfully this was not the only company where I was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult clients or contractors?   1 Answer

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mace (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. I got a call for an interview the next day. I was offered the job during my interview. It was an easy interview. They were short staff so they hired me on quick.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You aren't allow to negotiate on salary. There are no raises.

Health & Safety Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mace.

Interview

3 stage and well managed by team and internal recruiter. met with wider team and had numerous follow up calls to confirm T&C's and specifics of role. Answered all my questions and was quick to reply.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mace.

Interview

Went to one interview and progressed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre group session ran one hour late. And this meant we finished later and I grew very hungry and tired towards the end, so that affected my performance.
    All of the HR team were friendly and after I found out if I made the position, asked if I would like a telephone conversation to discuss how I did during the session. There were no refreshments apart from water. Some snacks would have helped as the session lasted from start to finish around 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Mainly specific questions about my CV. One question was who I expect to interact with in my role and what I understand the advertised role to be.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mace in March 2020.

Interview

I was required to talk about myself, explain why I chose mace, speak about your education/career. The interview lasted around 20 minutes, there's nothing to fear. The lady was polite and asked very simple questions and engaged in the conversation. The company just wanted to get to know you more rather than assess you.

Interview Questions

• I was required to talk about myself, explain why I chose mace, speak about your education/career.   Answer Question

Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mace (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

telephone interview , very short probably 15 minutes max. Interviewer was friendly, and proded along with more question to find out about myself.
    She gave feed back on the interview, stating these are the good points of our conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this insight week at mace, what would you expect?

Say a bit about yourself, whhat are your extracurriculars?   Answer Question

Project Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mace.

Interview

The initial form was quite lengthy. After this, a 1st stage interview with a director from your department and a graduate was offered. If you pass this stage, there is a final stage assessment centre which involves two group tasks using examples of proposed projects and an individual case study presentation, which you are given information for on the day.

SummerCommercial Management - London 2020 Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mace (London, England).

Interview

Waited for a month before invited to an interview at Mace HQ London. Extremely friendly, approachable people right before the start - had good banter! Interview process was very professional with questions targeting yourself, your knowledge of the industry and application to real life scenarios. I would recommend reading up on the various types of contracts - management, design build traditional - and how they apply to their projects. Having an internship under your belt before truly helps you expressing your understandings further - it doesn’t have to be within construction but it has to tie in on your understanding of the Q.S principles - cost estimating, claims, measurement etc. Engage with the interviewers and don’t afraid to ask questions- you’ll be doing plenty when you’re on the job!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the different type of contracts used within the industry? Name a few examples of projects that use them?   Answer Question
    • Different between PQS and CQS? What are your thoughts on their respective roles and how do they vary? Which would you choose?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep track of organisation - time management.   Answer Question

Front of House Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mace (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

My experience of the recruitment process at Mace has shown they stand head and shoulders above any other organisation. They are the benchmark that other organisations should follow and reap the reward of an efficient time saving on the recruitment process for all involved.

Understanding time off for interviews when allocated a fixed date and time is challenging, MACE offers an extensive choice of appointments. My first interview offered anytime over two weeks.

Beverley, my dedicated senior recruitment Manager, contacted me after my interviews for feedback. In my case, I decided the vacancy wasn't suitable and discussed the reasons.
    Beverly then discussed other positions that may be more suitable and contacts me when a new post is available.

At the interview, the department Manager gave plenty of time for you to discuss how the experience on your CV can benefit Mace and yourself.
    This method of interviewing gives you, the candidate, an opportunity to show your genuine enthusiasm, personality and achievements that the standard generic interview questions don't always allow.

My experience with Mace makes me want to work for this company as a long term career, and I am looking forward to a position where my 'can-do attitude', and commitment contributes to Mace's quality and service excellence given to their clients.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mace.

Interview

i turner up early and the interview started 30 minutes late. However once in the interview, I was relaxed and made to feel at ease. I was interviewed by one person and it felt like an informal chat.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.