Mark Allen Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mark Allen Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Mark Allen Group

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group.

Interview

Interview process was average.

However, no one ever got back to me after the interview, I asked for feedback and had no response this does not create a great employee brand for the business and not good practice.

During a pandemic having to travel to their offices to go to the interview and for them not to even be bothered to response is extremely disheartening.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group in January 2021.

Interview

I had a two-stage interview process: the first interview was more casual and generic; I was asked about my CV and skills, and how I'd apply those to the role. The second interview was more focussed, and I was asked to prepare a presentation for it. Both of my interviews were panel interviews held online: the first with two interviewers and the second with three.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group.

Interview

An assessment day consisting of written exercises for skills in editorial, marketing and sales, one-on-one interviews with senior members of the company and a group presentation, requiring us to pitch an idea for a journal

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Director Level Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group.

Interview

Two stage process. Presentation with questions followed by an interview. The overall process was formal and I was given the opportunity to present and explore ideas. I was challenged on areas where there were concerns over my ability to do the role but this was done in a positive manner. Overall I think it was a professionally run process with good levels of feedback on why I didn't get the role.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you would do if you were appointed?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group (London, England).

Interview

Drawn out process, couldn't make their mind up. Finally made an offer. Sent a contract with ridiculous and borderline illegal clauses in it, which they refused to reword. Highly dodgy - avoid. Walked away from it in the end.

Interview Questions

Mark Allen Group Response

24 Sep 2019 – HR Consultant

It's a shame that you felt this way as our contracts are regularly reviewed and updated in line with legislative requirements - many of the clauses offer more to the employee than is legally required, I can assure you that our contracts are fully compliant.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

2 stage processes - first is screening interview about experience, job compatibility, and ambitions. Second is a practical interview to see if you're able to put skills into practice.

Interview Questions

• Years experience, new business vs account management, project or sponsorship sales,   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

This was a half-day assessment, wherein a group of candidates were brought in to carry out some typical 'editorial', 'marketing' 'sales' tasks, to see whether we would be suitable for the job. We also pitched a new idea for a magazine in a group.

While the tests and group presentation were fine, I found the interview with two members of the team rather dissatisfactory. One interviewer had written some rather unpleasant things about me on my CV and did not have the tact to conceal it from me during the interview process, making me feel rather uncomfortable about the interview as a whole. They didn't really engage with me and I felt as if they were looking for reasons not to offer me the job. The second interviewer on the panel was far more engaging and seemed genuinely interested in my responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a marketing campaign that has interested you recently?   Answer Question
    • What qualities and achievements do you feel make you qualified for this position   Answer Question

Media Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call a few days later inviting me to the assessment day. I was given a slot on my preferred day. Allow extra time for assessment centres, as they tend to run on past the expected finishing time. Upon arrival, all candidates were given name badges and led into a meeting room. Mark Allen himself led the day with an introduction about the history of the company, himself, his employees, and the candidates one by one. After this, we were given a general overview of the day; individual interviews, personality assessment, specified departmental tasks (advertising, marketing, and editorial), then a group task.
    The interview was the most difficult part for me, as the interviewers were a bit 'good cop, bad cop', with one doing most of the talking and looking positive, while the other sat there a little morose, writing down my answers to their questions. Practise personality assessments online, as it was rather confusing at the end how to tally up your marks, but otherwise the questions were rather standard. I chose to complete the marketing and editorial tasks, which were fairly straightforward, and we were given half an hour for each task.
    Then we had lunch, which was free and rather tasty! After this, we had half an hour to come up with an idea for a new magazine, and pitch it to the team (around 6 people). I really enjoyed this task, just take into consideration the business details as well as the creative planning.
    Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the day and got along well with the employees there, so was delighted to accept a place starting in September 2017.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you have had to promote/sell something to an unwilling recipient, and how you overcame this.   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mark Allen Group (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview with HR followed by a face-to-face interview with managing editor, then an editing test. The process was a quick one and I was offered a position within a week. The interviewer was friendly, encouraging and asked insightful questions. The conversation was enjoyable as a result, and the interview didn't feel like a chore.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this journal/topic of this journal is important?   Answer Question

Thank you for your feedback.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.