Maxim Integrated Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Maxim Integrated Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Maxim Integrated

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening interview with the recruiter for around 30 min, followed by an on-site interview with the hiring team. the onsite interview has been scheduled for six long hours including lunch. I met with five team members and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How is the positive feedback work in LDO?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Integrated

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Mostly based around explaining my past experiences and what my careers goals are. Only had one interview which was over the phone and lasted around 25 minutes. Didn't take more than a week to hear back from them after the interview

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had a technical issue and what did you do to solve it.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

First, a phone interview with HR and another Phone interview with manager, regarding technique questions, last for about one hour mainly talking about resume project, not so hard just some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• The feedback gain, open loop gain, phase margin, how to select input cap for buck converter   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First, the hiring manager contact me with a phone interview. He asked some question related to my resume and previous experiences. After the phone interview, he scheduled a second phone interview with staff engineer in the same day. And then arranged an on-site interview few days after. The on-site interview is only half day because I didn't do well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Derive the RC time constant and analyze op-amp network (integrator, filter..). Questions on DC switching converter and op-amp network again.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Started with an hour phone interview. Technical with reference to my resume and making sure I could explain all of my projects well. The interview ended with a technical question involving basic circuit elements.
    Second phone interview was entirely technical. I was emailed a pdf with 8 questions to solve in an hour over the phone.
    Final interview I was flown to San Jose for an onsite. Full technical interviews with 5 people, including the manager. Everyone was really nice and I thought I did very well. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again despite sending follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Basic analog circuit questions. comparators, mosfets, op amps, basic digital knowledge   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour. It was both a phone interview and then for the technical we switched to google hangout. The first half was basic get to know you questions. The hiring manager was very kind and informative. He seemed very interested about finding out about my interest on engineering and technology. He asked about my previous work experience and specifically one project that I worked on during the summer. There were questions about what was my favorite class and why I wanted to become an engineer. The second half of the interview was about basic engineering 101 questions. Basic circuits and how different electrical components effect the circuit. The interviewer was interested in the logic or process of solving the problem and not as much in the answer.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer drew a voltage follower with negative feed back and asked me to explain the concept of the voltage follower   1 Answer
    • How an inductor and capacitor effect the voltage output in a circuit?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a short technical phone interview mostly about basic intuitive circuits, then was invited to an on-site with several other people. Round robin semi-technical interviews with several different managers at the company.

Interview Questions

• If you have current flowing through an inductor and have some sort of switch that turns off the current, what happens?   1 Answer
    • What are the qualities of an ideal op amp? What if the op amp has finite gain? Questions about negative/positive feedback.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with technical questions. They schedule a phone interview. Then when they call you, they'll send you some questions to answer. Get ready to go back and study your EE fundamentals. The guy on the phone was really helpful though. Everyone is going to have an opamp or two questions on the interview so do study up on that.

Interview Questions

• Know your op amp. Some bode plot questions and RL, RC circuit. Maybe some transistor amplifier stuff.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Not too hard. Practical questions are asked instead of just theory. Talked to the program manager first and then another two engineers, each for about 45 minutes. People are nice there. Sent them an email after interview and got response a day later.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Richardson, TX (US)).

Interview

It was very short. It took about 20 to 30 minutes. He asked me about my undergrad work. Stuffs like working with the diodes and oscillators. He also asked me to explain my project work in grad school. The questions were mostly based on my resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.