McMillan Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

McMillan Williams Interview Questions

Interviews at McMillan Williams

2.7

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McMillan Williams.

Interview

Around an hour for the interview in total. The interviewer spoke for a lot of the hour and I felt that sometimes I had to cut him off to get some information about myself in.

Interview Questions

• Why this area of law?
      What cases in this area are you interested in?   Answer Question

Solicitor Interview

Interview

I had two interviews, the first was one on one and the second with two people. Both interviews were positive and I was given feedback afterwards on why they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• How my experience and skills made me a good fit for the role   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McMillan Williams.

Interview

The interview process was actually quiet easy. The recruiter got me an interview for the office I was due to work at. It was with my potential supervisor and the partner of the office. After passing this process there was a further interview with two partners at one of the head offices in Croydon.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to become a solicitor   Answer Question
    • If you could have dinner with with anyone, dead or alive, who would you pick in a professional capacity and who would you pick in a personal capacity?   Answer Question

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McMillan Williams (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a really nice atmosphere and both people who interviewed me were amazing, helped me to ease up during the interview.
    I really enjoyed the entire process and the way we were chatting away every now and then.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McMillan Williams.

Interview

I applied online via CV and a cover letter. I was invited to a face to face interview with a Partner and Solicitor from the department I would be joining. Two days later I was invited to a telephone interview with the Graduate Learning Development Manager, Danny Cash. Throughout the whole process, I was asked a wide-range of legal and commercial questions. I was also probed around my previous work experience. I was given the opportunity at all stages to ask questions without hesitation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McMillan Williams.

Interview

It was a two stage interview process.
    The first interview was with 2 of the partners I would be working with, we went through my CV and all the usual interview questions. They made me feel very comfortable and answered all my questions in depth.
    The second interview was a telephone interview with one of the HR managers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a colleague or a client, and if you have, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McMillan Williams (Worthing, South East England, England) in June 2018.

Interview

It was a two stage interview. Firstly, I applied online with my covering letter and CV to Danny Cash, the Graduate Learning and Development Manager. He offered me a telephone interview which took place a few days later. The interview was very in depth and there was a series of competency questions, a review of my work experience and also questions which related to the workings of a business and also why I wanted a career within the legal field. The interview was very well structured and once that was done, Danny called me back about 1 hour later to give me feedback on what I did well throughout the interview process and what I could have improved on. This was really important to me as a lot of firms do not review the interview which is a great way to improve on our skills. He then offered me a 2nd interview at the McMillan Williams firm in Worthing with Michelle. I attended the interview with Michelle who talked me through what the company expectations are and what the company would provide me with to enable me to progress in my career to become a solicitor and what is expected of me. This was well through out and I felt well within my comfort zone and able to express my questions openly. By the end of that day, I was offered the paralegal position.

Overall, this was a very quick process (within a few days) and the communication level was great!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McMillan Williams (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the following week to arrange a telephone interview with Danny Cash, the Graduate Learning and Development Manager. An outline of what to prepare for was given before the telephone interview which makes the experience less daunting. The interviews were well structured, a full description of the vacancy was given as well as the opportunity to ask more questions about the role. The team are friendly which calms your nerves throughout the interview process, making it easier to answer questions honestly and to be yourself. Overall the process was very smooth as there was plenty of information given from the offset about the role, as well as quick responses from the interviewers.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McMillan Williams.

Interview

It was a three stage interview process. The first two were with the partner, went through my cv (education & experience) and my future goals. The final interview was with the Graduate Learning and Development Manager. This interview was really in depth. We went through previous experience and a series of competency questions. The interview was well structured and thought out. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and was proactively listening to the answers I was giving.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilise your commercial awareness to benefit the department/firm?   Answer Question

Conveyancing Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McMillan Williams (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a positive experience overall, especially since the interviewers were really nice and friendly. The first stage was a telephone interview with the Graduate Learning Development Manager, Danny Cash. The second stage was a face to face interview with the Solicitor (who is also the Head of Property Law) and Danny. Throughout the interview, I was asked a wide range of questions, from my legal experiences to a series of competency questions and commercial awareness.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges facing the legal profession today?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.