McMillan Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Oct 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at McMillan Williams

Conveyancing Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ealing, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McMillan Williams (Ealing, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I was inviting to interview through a recruiter who had put me forward for the role. I attended the Ealing office, where I was seated in an empty room and waited for about ten minutes for the interviewer. When the interviewer entered, he seemed disinterested and impersonal, and when he found out that I had commuted in from North of London seemed to shut off completely, as he noted "Paralegals are expected to start at 7." From my location, it would be impossible to reach the office by 7. Following this, I was asked two generic interview questions, and then asked if I had any questions, before I was shown out.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ealing, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McMillan Williams (Ealing, England) in September 2017.

Interview

interviewed with the top partner at the Ealing branch. Was told this would be a paralegal role with a guaranteed training contract after one year. Little was I told that the salary is actually £16,500 with 12 hour work days, 7am to 7pm. Even though the partner himself does not come in at those times you would still be expected to show up that early with barely any real work to do.

The interview lasted 10 minutes and while the partner had no idea what was on my CV or that I'd even passed my LPC he ranted about his successes and how it takes 12 hour days to succeed as a lawyer, something apparently he did to eventually become partner. While this might all be true I highly doubt any paralegal with rent and other expenses to pay such as travel to Zone 3 would ever be able to survive on such an income, let alone have a life.

The partner actually expects a sales pitch as to why you deserve to be in that role...not a shocker that they're still recruiting for this position almost a month after my interview took place. So many agencies are trying to find a candidate but when faced with the reality of this role, no one in their right mind would take it, especially under an arrogant partner who is seriously underpaying for a highly demanding paralegal job.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old Coulsdon, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McMillan Williams (Old Coulsdon, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at their Old Coulsdon offices in the boardroom. i was interviewed by a panel and asked a lot of questions which didnt seem to relate to my skills and some of which were very strange indeed. It seemed like psychobabble and many "buzzwords" like "reaching out" and "flying a kite" were used.

Interview Questions

• what sort of dinosaur would you like to be?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.