MeetingZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at MeetingZone

3.3

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MeetingZone (Cardiff, Wales) in June 2019.

Interview

Bit of a joke, manager emails to setup a telephone interview, I agree and setup a time/date. At the time of the interview, I’m left hanging with no email/phone call to inform me of what’s happened and just left me in the dark about the process?! At least have the decency to inform candidates of the situation as we put in a lot of time and energy into job hunting!

What a joke of a company!

Interview Questions

• What do you think of Meetingzone?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MeetingZone (Cardiff, Wales) in December 2017.

Interview

Was really surprised at the experience I had during the interview, there are so many good ratings / reviews for this company that I was honestly thinking I must have been the problem during the whole process. Interview was with two people and ended up starting late because one of them had “gone off somewhere” and they had to go and find them.

Started off well but the interview was actually picking apart my CV and asking me why I had left this company to go that company etc; Reasonable enough to ask but I felt I was being challenged on every decision I had made in my career. Here’s some advice: Sometimes people leave companies because it just doesn’t work out, pressing them for further detail or trying to make them feel as if they have made a wrong Career decision is just unnecessary and going to ruin the candidate’s confidence in the interview. At the end of the interview we had discussed practically nothing about the role and I had no idea whatsoever about what I would be doing were I successful, it was blatantly obvious the two people interviewing me were not technical whatsoever which is incredibly annoying when attending interviews for IT positions.

The atmosphere was really uncomfortable and awkward during this interview. Yes you can argue they were just trying to “put you on the spot to see how you react” but this was completely unnecessary for a job like this (Technical Support Analyst), I’ve attended dozens of IT interviews in my career and NONE of them have gone like this, there is simply no need for it. Yes working in IT is stressful at times but not on the stress level of what they were trying to make me feel in this interview, and based on what I saw when I walked through the office everyone seemed to be sitting down having fun, relaxing and taking selfies… seemed very stressful indeed.

Interview just felt rushed toward the end (or maybe the panel had just lost interest), giving very quick summarised answers to the questions I asked and turns out the HR interviewer was from one of the offices in England and had a train to catch hence cutting the interview short! Great way of making the candidate feel like making them come in today that their time was valued seeing as one of the panel had a train to catch. Very intimidating when the panel intentionally gives short answers and keeps looking at their watch making you feel like you have already lost the chance at getting the job.

In the end feedback was they didn’t like how I had “failed my GCSEs and didn’t re-take them in as I knew I would fail them again” and “went off-topic a lot”, in short they just didn’t take to me at all.

For the GCSEs – Fair enough I failed them, not every 16 year old in the country is going to do well in school and some are smart and others not. However I actually stated that I didn’t re-sit my GCSEs because I knew I would indeed fail them because I wasn’t ready (they left out the part where I mentioned I was 16 years old at the time) and the fact that resitting a GCSE at this point in time is at least £1000+ which I would rather spend supporting my family or investing in a private IT certification. If this company hires external people based off their school results then I’m worried as to how they are still going, I know plenty of people who did awful in school but have made something of themselves. I find it ridiculous a company tried to “put me down” by making me feel bad by not wanting to re-sit my GCSEs and for thinking I couldn’t pass them (at 16 years old…).

Off-topic – I don’t recall going off-topic much but only in response to questions they asked me. They asked me “I heard that things were pretty bad in your last company in terms of how things were run, is that true?” so obviously I am going to talk about what things were like, what was right and what was wrong but obviously I’m going to talk about various things as this is a pretty open-ended question, so it would be very difficult to try and not venture off into other aspects as it is a very open-ended question that any candidate would answer differently.

In summary: I walked out feeling awful and wondering what I did wrong. My time was absolutely wasted and I was unnecessarily put on the spot with silly “tough” questions such “So why do you want to work for MeetingZone?” followed by “Yeah… but why MeetingZone?” These silly questions sound stupid to hell and I just re-worded my answer for this and the interviewing person just went “hmm, okay.” completely bonkers.

I’m glad I wasn’t offered this job as I really feel I would have accepted it due to the reasonable salary and company image, just goes to show that high ratings and salary are not everything.

Thanks for not offering me the job, that would have been the biggest mistake on my CV compared to what you thought was on there already.

Interview Questions

• Asking why I left every company I had ever worked for, really delved into why I had left and sometimes challenged further than you would normally expect.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for MeetingZone?   Answer Question
    • Yeah but... why exactly MeetingZone?   Answer Question
    • Why do you to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave this company to go to College for a year?   Answer Question
    • Okay... but why not do a part-time Level 3 IT course? Weren't there other Colleges? Did you check this?   Answer Question
    • We've had quite a few contact centre agents who have come here from your last company, we've heard that things were pretty bad in your last company in terms of how things were run in terms of operations etc;, is that true?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thame, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MeetingZone (Thame, England) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I had only spoken with the agency so I didn't know what to expect but once I had arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted by the Chief People Officer, asked if I would like a drink and placed into a meeting room. We were then joined by the Senior HR Business Partner. I was asked a series of questions by both of them and I found them to be very friendly. I left feeling good about the interview and Instantly knew that if I was offered the job, I would take it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.