Mitchells & Butlers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mitchells & Butlers Interview Questions

Interviews at Mitchells & Butlers

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers.

Interview

Trial shift given, though policy has changed now to a stringent interview. Still will hire almost literally anybody. As a result the morale is dreadful and the gap between head office and front line staff is huge. Offers industry training and sponsorship though, so if you want to get a retail management foundation degree, go here and show a little potential, and be reimbursed or even sponsored to study for it and gain promotion and oh-so-slight pay rise once passed.

Interview Questions

• Can you work public holidays   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Birmingham, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied through their Retail Graduate Scheme. Was initially asked to provide some video answers to questions which then led to an online interview and group task. Had a response within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• An instance where you felt pressure at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2020.

Interview

There was a Phone interview which was used to assess whether my skills and experience were suited to the position and the company. This was followed by a face to face interview with a presentation on how I viewed the business and how I would develop it. Prior to this I was asked to visit the site several times to assess its strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• What my observations were of the business   1 Answer

General Manager Designate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Great. Friendly informative honest and not at all intimidating.
    I was kept informed at several stages. From first applying through to telephone and then meeting a area manager for my face to face. Also considering a reference on a site was going on the area manager gave his time and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience in a similar role   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lytham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Lytham, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Positive chat to determine best fit in the company - Informal and friendly.
    Discrimination free and based on competence for the role.
    Prepare how your previously experience equips you for the role you're applying for and youll be fine.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rhondda, Wales

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Rhondda, Wales) in September 2019.

Interview

The interviewer was the manager. They were very friendly. She invited me to sit in an empty area of pub. She then began to ask me a series of questions about experience.

Waiting Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in September 2019.

Interview

They asked me to come for an interview on the day I applied, I went for it and they said they would get back to me on Wednesday if I am successful, and they got back to me on Sunday ☺️

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you handled a difficult situation?
      What do you know about the company?
      What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in July 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Calm conversation with the manager about the company, perks of working there, shift patterns and similar things. Not a formal interview which made me feel at ease.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. Lots of questions asked to demonstrate competencies. But very progressional and personable. The whole process was very fluid which is required in this industry and gave a great first impression

Interview Questions

• How can you improve they way we give great service   1 Answer

FOH Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Birmingham, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Got asked to interview, partook in it and was asked a few questions regarding hospitality whilst discussing my previous job, then was offered the job three days later, and completed my induction afterwards.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.